3M Aerogard Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Default 3M Aerogard Installed

After my recent comprehensive insurance claim involving gravel damage to my front bumper (posted last June), I decided I had better get more pro-active in protecing my front painted areas (about time after 7 years). After painstakingly touching up the paint damage I sustained (using Dr. Colorchip and other methods), I decided to apply the 3M Aerogard to the entire front bumper area, license plate cover, headlight covers and side-mirrors to keep them looking perfect.

It took a while to get a camera angle/lighting condition where the seams would show up at all, but I finally got them to barely show up at sundown today (so that you could see the transition areas).

I ordered the kits from Jim at Clearmask (make sure to CALL your order in to him as he is not only extremely helpful to work with, but will most likely give you a better price than shown on the site). I can HIGHLY recommend this vendor based upon my recent experience.

On the other hand, I would NOT say that this installation task would be something the "average" owner could do themselves and get "perfect" results. I spent a lot of time learning and practicing before tackling this and it requires an absolutely "clean" work environment and paint surface and it would not hurt to have a second pair of experienced hands - especially for the top front bumper section, but I had no help and just had to be VERY careful. I would have taken step-by-step photos, but you have to work really fast and keep everything really wet so I could not stop to take pictures.

The results I got were PERFECT (not a single visible air bubble or trapped piece of dust, etc.). I have told several people what I did and they just walk around the front of the car saying "Where is it". If you cannot see it on "black" that is pretty amazing. I can say I am 100% satisfied both with the product and the service. If you are feeling brave - check them out!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:58 AM
JohnnyQ's Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW I know this is an old trend but it exactly what i was looking for. I hope i can still get a response. I just wanted to know if you bought pre cut out strips or did you use the roll? also what will i need in order to do it myself? Id appreciate any tips you can give me. It look remarkable! cant even tell anything is on there.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:26 AM
tonyh2000
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

Existing threads receiving no replies for 45 days or more.
If an existing thread has not received a reply for a period of 45 days or more, members should create a new thread which is identical or similar in nature, rather than to post to the existing one.

Similar or identical threads created under 45 days will be considered a dupe, and will be locked accordingly.

Members shall not post to such threads as a means to resurrect them for discussion or as a means to be humorous.

Get notified of new replies

To 3M Aerogard Installed

Quick Reply: 3M Aerogard Installed