Sponsored by:

The Frc Is Up And Coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
redvette777
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CertInsaneC5
I hear you. I don't think I am going to be getting any stellar prices for my Vette. I am pushing 90K miles right now and no plans to sell in the near future. Besides I have modded the hell out of it and I am not going to tear all that out just to say it's all original.
You don't have to. Look at the '57 fuelie Bel Air 2 door HT or the one with the 2-4s. Just the fact that its a special car brings the bucks. Not many made. These cars have been modded, raced, cut on and they still take 'em and put them back to original condition. The fact that the numbers are all there and you have the sheet metal to prove it. In your case yes you still have low miles however its still a car that if it was a coupe or a convertable yours will bring more money because of what it is.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 PM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by CertInsaneC5
Was just thinking that the prices I saw on AutoTrader for low mileage 99's are more than I paid, almost two years ago, for mine when it had 30K on it. I thought at the time I had found a good deal. Now I know I did.
You have a very nice BLK FRC.
Two years ago I paid 19.5K for my '00 FRC because of what it is. All I can say is thank you to the person I bought it from. He took a beating on it. I won't because I won't sell it for anything close to that. If I ever do. I had put it up a while back and was testing the people on the forum and was asking 25K for it. Everyone said that was to high. The truth being is they were thinking its just a FRC they aren't worth that much. I'm here to change that kind of thinking. These are special cars. Go out in the real world and where there are collectors with $$$$ and see what these cars are bringing. The '01-'04 Z06 is also being snatched up by collectors now while they are in good shape and little has to be done to them to preserve them. I don't like using remanufactured stuff to restore. NOS is the best. Buy now while you can get them cheap, good condition and parts are a plenty.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:21 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by redvette777
Let me guess......you have a coupe.
that car was wanted because it was a cheaper version of the c5z, and guys could get iin it for much less and then do what they wanted with it... Its not because its rare, and if the price is going up like you claim then people will just opt for the z... your claim doesnt hold water.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Novat_99
Drifting

Originally Posted by Not A Z06
I looked for a year befor I found mine.
2000 FRC
I just like the look of the car.

That looks nice
Old 10-07-2007, 12:54 PM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by alanhang
that car was wanted because it was a cheaper version of the c5z, and guys could get iin it for much less and then do what they wanted with it... Its not because its rare, and if the price is going up like you claim then people will just opt for the z... your claim doesnt hold water.
Doesn't hold water........They also bought it before they bought the coupe. I like the coupe, as a matter of fact I'm looking for one maybe as a daily driver. I won't worry about how many miles I put on it because it won't matter to the collectability or resale. Thats OK friend, I'm sure you have a very nice coupe and I can appreciate your defence on the subject. Lets wait say just 5 yrs and we'll compare what yours is worth and what mine is worth. Preferrence is the difference not affordability. Rarity is something intirely different. 40 yrs from now, to the collector, it won't matter the condition the FRC is in or the '01-'04 Zs. Just like the Stingrays, they'll be happy just to be able to find one.
Have a good day.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Great...another car for collectors to drive the price out of reach for people who would really enjoy the car for what it was meant to do. No offense to the OP, but i iCAN NOT STAND the collector mentality of trying to drive up prices. If you want to keep a car and not drive it then thats great. Preserve a piece of history. But for the love of God, dont get on a soap box and try to drive the prices up for everyone else. A car is not an investment...please stop trying to do this! It sounds like you kbought the car as an investment and are upset that it isnt working out, so now you are trying to get people to drive up the prices so you can make a profit.
One of the great things about the corvette has always been that you can get outstanding performance at an affordable price, all of the collectors are destroying this great aspect of the Vette. So buy the car, shine it, show it, drive it like you stole it, repeat! but dont try and make them cost more than they should.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Bottom line GM made 28,826 Fixed roof coupes out of 214,651 C5s. That accounts for 13% of production.

Out of the 5 years of the FRC 2000 was the lowest with 2090 made

They break down as follows :

1999 - 4031
2000 - 2090
2001 - 5773
2002 - 8297
2003 - 8635

Will the FRC be a collector? Being just and FRC and not a Z06, I would highly doubt it.

IMHO
Old 10-07-2007, 01:43 PM
screw991le
Race Director

As far as your Stringray theory,

117,964 C2s were produced.
61% of those were Verts. So coupes were rare. The L88 was even more rare. So the numbers were there.

Cars are like baseball cards, who knew 50 years ago they would be worth what they are today. Now everyone is holding cars thinking they will be worth much more.

One of the rarest GM made cars in the past 20 years was the GN GNX, which today with 7 miles and garaged since new in 1987 is only worth the sticker price.

Even the ZR1 is worth less than its sticker.

Again IMHO.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:45 PM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by Vette-kid
Great...another car for collectors to drive the price out of reach for people who would really enjoy the car for what it was meant to do. No offense to the OP, but i iCAN NOT STAND the collector mentality of trying to drive up prices. If you want to keep a car and not drive it then thats great. Preserve a piece of history. But for the love of God, dont get on a soap box and try to drive the prices up for everyone else. A car is not an investment...please stop trying to do this! It sounds like you kbought the car as an investment and are upset that it isnt working out, so now you are trying to get people to drive up the prices so you can make a profit.
One of the great things about the corvette has always been that you can get outstanding performance at an affordable price, all of the collectors are destroying this great aspect of the Vette. So buy the car, shine it, show it, drive it like you stole it, repeat! but dont try and make them cost more than they should.
Supply and demand. Soap box, I like that. I must be getting my point across. My single little *** can't change the market nor am I trying to. Why don't you sell your car way less than its worth. Are you willing to do that? Then I'll write you and tell you what you're telling me. Seems you were unable to down play the '63 Split Window, '67 427, '68 GT VETTE and the ZR1. By the way, you collectors with your "collector mentallity" stop driving up the prices of these cars. We ought to be able to go out there and pay the same price for these cars as we would any other regular Corvette. Hows that, maybe the prices will drop now and we all will be able to afford one. I am by no means losing money or worried about it..and my investment is doing just fine. Yes, Investment. That is what happens when you sort and pick. I don't spend money without making some money. Thats the difference between us. Just want my fellow FRCs '99-'04 to know that they own some Corvette history.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:00 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by screw991le
One of the rarest GM made cars in the past 20 years was the GN GNX, which today with 7 miles and garaged since new in 1987 is only worth the sticker price.
Do you own this car? I'd gladly give you original sticker for it. I've seen original GNX's go as high as $80-95,000.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:19 PM
jangelo
Racer

Originally Posted by BOTYNV1
IT IS WHAT IT IS. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO PAY X$ FOR WHAT THEY THINK IS RARE VETTE THEN SO BE IT. I BELIEVE THAT THE 99-00 FRC WILL INCREASE IN VALUE. THERE ARE JUST NOT MANY GOOD ON ES AROUND. I OWN A 99 WITH 10,000 ON THE CLOCK AND TURNED DOWN $30,000. JUST MY $.02
Old 10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
redvette777
Pro

[QUOTE=screw991le;1562204054]As far as your Stringray theory,

61% of those were Verts. So coupes were rare. The L88 was even more rare. So the numbers were there.

Cars are like baseball cards, who knew 50 years ago they would be worth what they are today. Now everyone is holding cars thinking they will be worth much more.

Check out this months Auto Trader paper back. '87 GN very low miles I picked it up for $4K cash. Oct. 5th right here in Arlington where I live. Thats all he was asking. Car is in near perfect condition. Seats, wheels down to its 6cyl turbo. Said he didn't want it anymore and wanted to get rid of it. It wasn't even in the Buick section. Go figure.

Who in the Hell can work on the ZR1, not me. Don't want one. Wouldn't waste my monies intrest to buy one. Not to mention that car was way expensive. It cost as much back then as a C6 '06 coupe now. However I have friends that will fight at the drop of a hat to defend that car.

Baseball cards? If you have any Mickey Mantels you don't want that don't have a lot of miles on it and is centered real even and is in excellent condition and is his rookie, I'll give you $2 for it. How does that make you feel?

Supply and Demand. Read the public, if you buy blind and sell blind you can't protect your money. I can't believe you people are trying to make me think you don't watch your money when you buy something. Only a child at the 5 and 10 can do that. As I get older I look at the market. Like that GN, funny you mentioned it, I really don't like the car but Damn $4k, I'm not stupied. This car to me is trading material. I'm sure there is someone out there that has to have one of these and are willing to pay the price or Trade me for it. Market on this car is around $12-$15. Through a cover over it, start it up every once in a while and I don't have to feed it.

Sorry to all of those I offended, that wasn't my goal. What makes me feel good about all of this is the Corvette owners, God love 'em. You guys are true blue VETTERS and that is what makes US who we are.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Originally Posted by perfectlyfrank
Do you own this car? I'd gladly give you original sticker for it. I've seen original GNX's go as high as $80-95,000.

Link or article? I just saw an original 7 mile car go for $40k

I had 2 GNs, could never find a GNX forsale when I was looking for one.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
screw991le
Race Director

[QUOTE=redvette777;1562204454]
Originally Posted by screw991le
As far as your Stringray theory,

Check out this months Auto Trader paper back. '87 GN very low miles I picked it up for $4K cash. Oct. 5th right here in Arlington where I live. Thats all he was asking. Car is in near perfect condition. Seats, wheels down to its 6cyl turbo. Said he didn't want it anymore and wanted to get rid of it. It wasn't even in the Buick section. Go figure.

Who in the Hell can work on the ZR1, not me. Don't want one. Wouldn't waste my monies intrest to buy one. Not to mention that car was way expensive. It cost as much back then as a C6 '06 coupe now. However I have friends that will fight at the drop of a hat to defend that car.

Baseball cards? If you have any Mickey Mantels you don't want that don't have a lot of miles on it and is centered real even and is in excellent condition and is his rookie, I'll give you $2 for it. How does that make you feel?

Supply and Demand. Read the public, if you buy blind and sell blind you can't protect your money. I can't believe you people are trying to make me think you don't watch your money when you buy something. Only a child at the 5 and 10 can do that. As I get older I look at the market. Like that GN, funny you mentioned it, I really don't like the car but Damn $4k, I'm not stupied. This car to me is trading material. I'm sure there is someone out there that has to have one of these and are willing to pay the price or Trade me for it. Market on this car is around $12-$15. Through a cover over it, start it up every once in a while and I don't have to feed it.

Sorry to all of those I offended, that wasn't my goal. What makes me feel good about all of this is the Corvette owners, God love 'em. You guys are true blue VETTERS and that is what makes US who we are.

Can you read, toolbox? Read the baseball line in my post and get back to me.

So you don't buy cars you can't fix yourself? So I guess the free Enzo or a 911 is out of the question.

Oh BTW, I'm 34 and retired, Investing is my job. Cars are not investments.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Supply and demand. Soap box, I like that. I must be getting my point across. My single little *** can't change the market nor am I trying to. Why don't you sell your car way less than its worth. Are you willing to do that? Then I'll write you and tell you what you're telling me. Seems you were unable to down play the '63 Split Window, '67 427, '68 GT VETTE and the ZR1. By the way, you collectors with your "collector mentallity" stop driving up the prices of these cars. We ought to be able to go out there and pay the same price for these cars as we would any other regular Corvette. Hows that, maybe the prices will drop now and we all will be able to afford one. I am by no means losing money or worried about it..and my investment is doing just fine. Yes, Investment. That is what happens when you sort and pick. I don't spend money without making some money. Thats the difference between us. Just want my fellow FRCs '99-'04 to know that they own some Corvette history.

Easy chief, It wasnt meant for you to take offense at. Honestly. But in response to this, Im not trying to downplay any of the "rare" model corvettes, or any of them at all for that matter. Certainly some will always be worth more than others, within reason. But I think that its insane the prices that some cars have gotten to because they have found their way into collectors hands. The 63 split window is a good example, since you mentioned it. Now certainly they should bring a premium over other C2's, but the prices have gotten insanely high. To the point you have to be a millionaire to buy one. Come on, this was a car that was affordable to the average joe when it was new. Every Corvette has historical signifigance. The corvette is a symbol of America, no matter if its a 63 Z06 or a standard no option 85 coupe. A symbol of American pride and a fiberglass rendition of the American soul and free spirit. But none the less, its a car. No I will not sell my Z for less than its worth, I dont plan on selling it at all. But I dont get excited when I see a certain car go way up in price. And why would anyone, now you have to pay even more to play! IMO all the collector crowd does is drive up prices to a point where they are out of reach for the rest of us, who like to enjoy our toys.
Dont get me wrong, do what you like with your cars, preserve the history and use them as investments if you must. Just remember there are guys that like to enjoy the car for what it is and you collecting and investing takes more cars out of reach for those who the Corvette really symbolizes.
So enjoy you car, and remember to wave.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Love my FRC.. but screw it! I drive and mod mine. Garage keepers are for woosies! Collect beanie babies and stick em under glass, not Vettes!

You dont get a hot girl and not bang her, dont get a hot car and not drive it!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:40 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zenak
Love my FRC.. but screw it! I drive and mod mine. Garage keepers are for woosies! Collect beanie babies and stick em under glass, not Vettes!

You dont get a hot girl and not bang her, dont get a hot car and not drive it!

Beanie babies Now that was an investment

Get notified of new replies

To The Frc Is Up And Coming

Old 10-07-2007, 03:13 PM
redvette777
Pro

[QUOTE=screw991le;1562204487]

Can you read, toolbox? Read the baseball line in my post and get back to me.

So you don't buy cars you can't fix yourself? So I guess the free Enzo or a 911 is out of the question.

Oh BTW, I'm 34 and retired, Investing is my job. Cars are not investments.
My friend, I beg to differ. I believe if you are good at one thing, you will do very well, well enough to call it an investment. I don't make my living this way. Did you think I did? Cars are fun and I make a little money with them. Let me know about that free Enzo or 911, I think you are pulling my leg about that. Those are expensive cars. Well the Enzo is. The 911 is of no intrest to me. Was in the Lambo dealership Saturday morning off Stemmons in Dallas and they had two of them on the showroom floor. That car is the ultimate automobile.
Why should I buy a car I have to work on when I can buy it cheaper all ready to go. Check out Barrett Jackson. Resto Mods, people put hundreds of thousands of dollars in these cars only to turn around and only get a third back on it.
WOW!!!! You are only 34 and don't have to work anymore or you kinda do to make your payments. Thats what retirement is to me. To be able to play and not have to work. I love playing with cars. You maybe retired but you still work, lets get that clear. I'm smarter than that. How many cars do you buy a yr and fix up? Sounds like you may be working and aren't as retired as you think you are. I'm not a MIT grad but I can read. Cars are my hobbie. I love all cars. Mainly VETTES.
When you said "Can you read, toolbox", are you calling me a toolbox? If you did, yea your only 34.

Last edited by redvette777; 10-07-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
american18us
Advanced

Go arlington!

I've always wondered. Can you delete the air conditioning on a new car? Like the guy with no mods said that made it rarer, so if you got one with no air con. from the factory that way..what other crazy nut would do that besides turning it into a race car (damage waiting to happen). It would be an instant collector car right?

Anyone else have a crazy idea they think would work like that?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:37 PM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by jangelo
IT IS WHAT IT IS. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO PAY X$ FOR WHAT THEY THINK IS RARE VETTE THEN SO BE IT. I BELIEVE THAT THE 99-00 FRC WILL INCREASE IN VALUE. THERE ARE JUST NOT MANY GOOD ON ES AROUND. I OWN A 99 WITH 10,000 ON THE CLOCK AND TURNED DOWN $30,000. JUST MY $.02
Do you by some chance have HUD or 12 cd and driving lites? This indeed makes your car very disirable. For some reason a lot didn't come with these opts. Your miliage is perfect and with that I'm sure your car is to. Hang in there. Use it, don't abuse it. If you plan on keeping it try not to go over 20K with it. I will let you know how many are left in this world. I am checking every dmv in the U.S. to get a good number also on the '00 FRC. This will tell how many of these are left. I think I'll even be able to check what was imported overseas. I'll get back with you on this. This will take a while but bear with me.
Have a good one.

Quick Reply: The Frc Is Up And Coming