Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIONEER AVIC D3 & Z2 Double Din GROUP PURCHASE SALE INSIDE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Gorgon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, doesn't look too bad as you've pictured if it really is a matter of just drilling and rescrewing units into the brackets. What does splicing into the speed sensor get you? Operating the unit while moving? The ability to watch movies while moving, etc? Does this have a detrimental affect of the performance of the NAV unit?

Thanks for your help on this.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Gorgon
OK, doesn't look too bad as you've pictured if it really is a matter of just drilling and rescrewing units into the brackets. What does splicing into the speed sensor get you? Operating the unit while moving? The ability to watch movies while moving, etc? Does this have a detrimental affect of the performance of the NAV unit?

Thanks for your help on this.

dont mind helping you guys out and answering questions. its a big purchase, and i want you guys to feel comfortable with it.

splicing into the vehicle speed sensor wire allows the unit to read the MPH, thus allowing the navigation to be more accurate. there is also a gauge display on the unit also that shows MPH .... (only pic i could find to show you)

in order to watch the movies the unit has to be wired to the ebrake, and grouded. ill be sending instructions for that also!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Splasha1
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by C5 KIDD
thanks for the interest. unfortunately no step by step instructions. mounting the new unit takes a little fabrication work. its trial and error, since you have to use the bezel as a guide as to where to mount the unit (how high/low) many use the bracket thats in there and flip it upside down. ive also seen someone use the stock bracket on the bose unit, and attach it to the new unit, like this....

you might not be able to place it back in the stock location (might need to go lower), but you can just drill out new holes, and screw it in where it needs to be. same with the HVAC, its just held in with 2 screws. lower the unit, and screw it back in.

there is detailed instructions with pictures that comes with the BOSE adapter to help anyone install it. the rest of the install is straight forward. if you have ever installed a head unit before, you will have no problem. i also include a step by step pictured instructions on how to splice into the vehicle speed sensor wire.

hope that helps you guys!
Ok but what about the actual bezel swap? Any photos might help with my decision on the operation. By the way; I'm in south florida and if you happen to know of any shops down here that might tackle this??
Old 09-30-2007, 10:36 AM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Splasha1
Ok but what about the actual bezel swap? Any photos might help with my decision on the operation. By the way; I'm in south florida and if you happen to know of any shops down here that might tackle this??
the bezel swap is straight forward as well. a few nuts, and a screw holding it in place, take out the old, then the new will slip back in the same spot. check out the directions on vetteessentials website on how to remove the bezel....

http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...zel_howto.html

dont know any installers down south, just locally. try and find a reputable shop though. try and stay away from circuit citys and best buys. the directions i supply with the stuff should make it a breeze for the guys, even if they havent worked on a C5 before
Old 09-30-2007, 10:37 AM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Angrybob
Is that the price installed if I come over on a weekend and bring your plenty of beer?

unfortunately i dont have the time to do the installs. but if you have experience doing the work, your more than welcome to come down and ill give you a hand. ill be working on other projects, but we can tackle it together. ill have my buddy help you out. and yeah... beer is good!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08

Originally Posted by C5 KIDD
unfortunately i dont have the time to do the installs. but if you have experience doing the work, your more than welcome to come down and ill give you a hand. ill be working on other projects, but we can tackle it together. ill have my buddy help you out. and yeah... beer is good!
Got to have the Beer! !

Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 AM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

SALE ENDING THURSDAY 8pm EASTERN!!! Orders must be place by then to get in on the deal!!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 PM
deathinnovember
Burning Brakes

You have some of the best prices ever! thanks for extending this opportunity to us!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:23 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by deathinnovember
You have some of the best prices ever! thanks for extending this opportunity to us!

not a problem... does that mean your in??
Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
hangpilot
Racer

OK, ordered on the web site. How long till Thursday?

Last edited by hangpilot; 10-02-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 AM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by hangpilot
How long till Thursday?
coming up pretty quick!! for everyone ready.... start placing your orders via the website. thats the only way i can keep up with the actual orders!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Archdog75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

add me to the list for a D3

Thanks,

Justin
Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
NOIRtist
Racer

For everyone considering the D3. I had one in my Trans Am and this is the way to bypass the restrictions.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7998

Really simple, and works like a charm.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

c'mon guys! sale ends tom! thanks everyone so far for payments!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
bhard
Intermediate

Default ?

does the avic come with the bezzel or are they priced separately. can you put pics on the avic and does the navigation require regional disc, and briefly what are the major differences in the two units
Old 10-04-2007, 02:30 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, still on the fence and I may or may not jump in on this because I'm starting to think that I may want to go with the Kenwood nav unit. Just a couple of quick questions and then I'll shut up.

If I order a custom bezel (which is pretty much the carrot that's giving me the incentive to do this deal), how long will it take for everything to arrive for installation, including the new bezel? Do you have enough bezels on hand to meet the demand? I understand the $150 core charge and all that, but I just don't want to be stuck without a bezel for weeks, since this is my DD.

Also, got a rough estimate on shipping for a HU, bezel, and at least two or three of the listed accessories?

Last edited by JMc; 10-04-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: PIONEER AVIC D3 & Z2 Double Din GROUP PURCHASE SALE INSIDE!!!!