Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
XLR8BYU
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Good stuff The smell of burnt tires and 100 degree temps was awesome.
It's fun to watch. Some owners like to enjoy their cars by putting them through the paces and some like to buy every accessory in an Eckler's catalog and stare at it all weekend.
To each their own
Old 08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
steveblonde
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MyBlueC5
I don't know what the big deal is and why some of you guys get your panties in a knot.

At almost every larger car show, I've seen a burnout contest. Some sanctioned by the host, some not... just messin' around afterwards.

I like watching them. I think it's cool.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't blow 600 bucks worth of tires off the back of my car just to make a crowd yell. (not to mention the possibility of a grand or more of potential damage)

So lighten up you purists... enjoy the show and feel secure you'll have a perfectly good set of tires to drive home on.

couldn't have said it better
Old 08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Wow,
I never realized there are so many waxers here!!

Guys chill out a bit, some of us get tires etc for free, and don't mind tearin' into them a bit. There's a time and place for things, on the highway with traffic, or some of the burn outs I saw in the roads between the displays is a bit over the top to me, but goofing around in a controlled environment seamed to be a crowd pleaser to the large group watching.

I also think it was cool that they gave the win the C4, I probably would have given it to the C6 Z after taking a quarter panel out, but since that was no skin off the back off the GM plant manager anyway, it was cool that it went to the only non business backed person in it.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:02 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Doug,

How well does hot rubber come out of hair?
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
MyBlueC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05
CI VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Zozzie
You can't even spell it.

Well, that's not fair... you can run to your wife to ask if it's spelled correctly, he just has to guess.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Johnny_B_Good
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Don't get it. These guys have $hit for brains.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

The DC-Z can use a little of whats smeared on the bumper!
lol...gotta laugh at that!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08

Originally Posted by J.P.M.
The DC-Z can use a little of whats smeared on the bumper!
lol...gotta laugh at that!
Allmost made it to the Adams Booth................
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

LOL...just before it got ZAINO stamped...lol
Old 08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Janster
Racer

Awesome picts Matt!!

I'm not into burnouts myself - as I don't have the excess $$ floating around to waste in replacing the tires. Unless of course....they're already shot to begin with. Let 'r Rip!!

To each his own.....

As long as people are doing it on a controlled & safe atmosphere - let them do whatever they want. If someone wants to roast off their tires and get the crowd fired up....Then GO 4 IT!!!

This was my first corvette show and I honestly didn't know what to expect while watching the burnout competition. I was absolutely AMAZED that these guys went soooooooo far as to shred up the tires!!
My HATS OFF to those guys for having the guts & gaining the glory to get in front of a crowd and roast 'em off!!

Afterall - each and everyone of us purchased our cars for a variety of reasons. You surely ain't gonna take it to the grave with you. ENJOY IT however you please!!!! Just keep it legal & safe.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Here's another video - somebody took it of me: click here. It's actually funny to watch...

Enjoy,

Lance
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny_B_Good
Damn Johnny,
Your an angry waxer!
I think it's great that everyone likes or dislikes different things, otherwise this would be a very boring world, but no need to get nasty because someones opinion varies from yours. I personally enjoy using every once of my Corvette for whatever I feel like doing with it. Whether that's racing, waxing, cruising, or burning the tires off it.

I completely understand that most people are not in the position that I am, or most of the other participants of that event in regards to having dozens of take off race tires to burn up, or even really being concerned about damage to the car for that matter. So maybe you can realise that some people are! Hell I probably own three complete cars in pieces if I laid them out and working on them is not an issue.

I have changed engines in my car just for the heck of it to test some other combo out, so running the rubber down for a goof seems rather petty to me. If your not in the financial or physical means of doing so then DONT! You wont hear me being rude to you over it.

Some of you really need to understand that this car is just nuts and bolts, meant to be used in YOUR favorite fashion, and not God's gift.

anti non driver, flame suit on!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
BowtieDiva70
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 931410
Maybe its just me, but burnouts are ultra-dumb. Never seen the attraction myself, not even when 16 with a new license, and a car that would literally melt the tires if I let it. Just don't get it myself.

Yup! It is just you!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:01 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Damn Johnny,
Your an angry waxer!
I think it's great that everyone likes or dislikes different things, otherwise this would be a very boring world, but no need to get nasty because someones opinion varies from yours. I personally enjoy using every once of my Corvette for whatever I feel like doing with it. Whether that's racing, waxing, cruising, or burning the tires off it.

I completely understand that most people are not in the position that I am, or most of the other participants of that event in regards to having dozens of take off race tires to burn up, or even really being concerned about damage to the car for that matter. So maybe you can realise that some people are! Hell I probably own three complete cars in pieces if I laid them out and working on them is not an issue.

I have changed engines in my car just for the heck of it to test some other combo out, so running the rubber down for a goof seems rather petty to me. If your not in the financial or physical means of doing so then DONT! You wont hear me being rude to you over it.

Some of you really need to understand that this car is just nuts and bolts, meant to be used in YOUR favorite fashion, and not God's gift.

Chuck
Old 08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Johnny_B_Good
That was nice...

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Burnout Contest Photo Thread :) [MERGED]

Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 PM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zozzie
You can't even spell it.

True, but please man, for the sake of your CORVETTE, preserve some of your badass-ness!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This thread shows who the girls are on the forum.

spin dem bitches or go home!

Last edited by Ikester; 08-27-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Johnny_B_Good
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Damn Johnny,
Your an angry waxer!

Doug,
You’re so right, my statement was excessive…. It’s your Vette and you do with it as you please. I agree that “a car is just nuts and bolts meant to be used in YOUR favorite fashion” I guess when the favorite fashion appears to be out right ABUSE I cringed and reacted with my statement. Use your resources as you see fit!

Quick Reply: Carlisle Burnout Contest Photo Thread :) [MERGED]