Sponsored by:

Z51 C5 WHATs THE DIF

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:44 PM
wheres3rd
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z51 C5 WHATs THE DIF

Hi, new to the show . I have a 98 cp auto for show and weekends and a 91 cp 6 spd for auto crossing . I want to get down to one car and plan to buy a C5 6 spd vert , add a roll bar for safety and the wife.

I know the C6 Z51 package adds bigger shocks , bigger brakes and I think bigger anti sway bars , BUT what does the Z51 package add to a C5?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 PM
ICaughtVetteFever
Melting Slicks

Stiffer springs and shocks, larger anti sway bars and also a power steering cooler. It is a nice option, but you can mod any C5 way beyond the ability of a Z51 if you find the right car and plan to race.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:02 AM
wheres3rd
3rd Gear

Thanks, I run in class one which does not allow any non stock mods, except bigger non adjustable shocks , cat back exhaust and sticky tires if you race out of street class. So I will deffinitely try for a Z51 option, otherwise I will have to buy and have to the springs changed. $$$ The shocks and sway bars are easy .
Old 08-18-2007, 04:16 PM
ICaughtVetteFever
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wheres3rd
Thanks, I run in class one which does not allow any non stock mods, except bigger non adjustable shocks , cat back exhaust and sticky tires if you race out of street class. So I will deffinitely try for a Z51 option, otherwise I will have to buy and have to the springs changed. $$$ The shocks and sway bars are easy .
The springs are easy to swap too, so don't pass on the right car just without Z51

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 C5 WHATs THE DIF

Quick Reply: Z51 C5 WHATs THE DIF