Old 06-13-2007, 03:54 PM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Spectre werkes C5R headlight install

Well, I just bought EFI-1's C5R headlight (with HID) setup, which is very exciting. They are the Spectre werkes set.

Because he has had these for a while, he doesn't have the installation instructions, so I was hoping someone could help out with a link, email or something to provide them to me.

Appreciate it.

Micah
Old 06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I installed mine a long time ago as well but I will see if I have something. If I find it, I will email it to you.

Words of wisdom, TAKE YOUR TIME!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
MR.WaynesWorld
Le Mans Master

Location: The real question is; When you turn your car on, does it return the favor..
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII & IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Micah,

I wonder it you contacted them and see if they could email you the install of the lights. Here's their web address - http://www.spectergtr.com/index.html

Wayne
Old 06-13-2007, 04:51 PM
sigma6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get ready for some bigtime headaches. These are the most PITA things to install, due to fitment.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 PM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Well, I am having the bumper re-painted and so the JAMISON'S CUSTOM CORVETTE is going to install them while the bumper is off. I wanted to provide them with some instructions, just in case they have questions.

Wayne, I will give them a shot.

Nouman if you find anything that would rock!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
ZOsix
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are for the specter werkes lights if you want the complete file with pics you can email me.

CONGRATULATIONS FOR PURCHASING THIS UNIQUE HEADLIGHT UPGRADE FOR YOUR C5. THIS JOB SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 4-6 HOURS DEPENDING ON YOUR SKILL LEVEL. YOU WILL NEED A METRIC SOCKET SET, METRIC WRENCHES, A LONG SHANK PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER, #25 TORX SOCKET, A 5/64” ALLEN WRENCH, 6MM TAP A #80 DRILL BIT AND DRILL. TAKE YOUR TIME AND HAVE FUN, YOU WILL BE PLEASED WITH THE FINAL RESULTS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE GIVE A CALL, WE WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU. ***NOTE: DO NOT PAINT LENSES UNTIL YOU HAVE ADJUSTED AND FITTED YOUR LIGHTS! REPLACE LOW BEAM FUSES TO 5 AMPS HIGHER BEFORE LIGHT INSTALLATION.

1: Place your car 25’ away from a flat surface, with your lights on low beam, mark the wall at the brightest point of light. Repeat the process on high beams. Mark the wheel location, so you can adjust your new lights at the same spot. Figure #1.

2: Open the hood and remove the passenger side headlight assembly first. Release and unplug the 5-pin connecter. Figure #2.

FIGURE #1 FIGURE #2

3: Remove the rubber weather boot from the manual headlight opening screw. Turn the **** until the headlight is fully open. Remove the three screws holding the plastic headlight bezel and remove. Figure #3

4: Insert a 13 mm socket through the opening on the engine side of the headlight door and remove two 13 mm bolts located on the frame rails. Insert a 10 mm socket through the same opening and remove three 10 mm bolts at the back of the headlight assembly. Unplug the two factory connectors attached to the headlight assembly. The opening is tight, but this is the quickest way to remove the old headlight. Figure #4.

FIGURE # 3 FIGURE #4

5: Remove the old headlight assembly from the car. Figure #5.

6: Note the location of the three 10mm nuts on the back wall of the headlight box and the two 13 mm frame bolts that need to be removed. Figure #6

FIGURE #5 FIGURE #6

7: Remove the outer 7mm and inner 10 mm bolts that hold the parking light in place. Remove the parking lamp vibration spring. Note: This opening is used to mark the front bracket hole that needs to be drilled into the front bumper beam. Adjust the headlight installation. Figures #7, 8 & 9.

FIGURE #7 (7 MM BOLT) FIGURE #8 (10MM BOLT) FIGURE #9

8: Remove the three retaining washers from the studs mounted on the fender well. Figure #10

9: Remove the bracket from the inner fender well. Figure#11

FIGURE #10 FIGURE #11

10: Tape and tie wrap the ends of the two electrical connectors that you unplugged from the headlight assembly. These wires are only on the passenger side and will not be reused. Remove the 7mm screw from the fender. Figure #12

11: Place the C5R headlight bucket into the opening and close the hood. Adjust the black outside trim on the cover, until it’s is even with the body. Reach through the parking light opening and mark the hole for the front headlight bracket. This will need to be drilled. Remove the unit from the car. Figure 13

FIGURE #12 FIGURE #13

12: Remove the Lexan headlight cover. Loosen the one #25 Torx that holds the cover around the headlights. Figure #14

13: Remove the six Phillips screws that secure the bucket to the three aluminum brackets. Remove the three aluminum brackets. Figure #15

14: Locate your chalk mark and drill your starter hole with a #80 bit through the bumper bracket. Use a 6mm tap to thread the hole. Install the front bracket using one of the provided 10mm bolts. In some instances, you may need a fender shim between the frame and the bracket for final fit and adjustment. Figure #16

15: Install the other two brackets and snug the bolts and close the hood. Reinstall the headlight cover on the bucket. Figure #17

FIGURE #14 FIGURE #15

16: Sit the headlight assembly on the brackets and reach through the parking light and adjust the brackets until the unit is flush with the body. Tighten the front 10 mm bolt and the two side 13 mm bolts. Once adjusted, remove the unit and reinstall the parking light. Figure 18

17: Remove the cover, install the unit onto the brackets and replace the six screws. Adjust the headlight unit so that the bubble in the level is in the middle. Reinstall the front cover with the one #25 Torx screw and replace the Lexan cover. Figure #19

18: Plug in your light and reinstall the retaining plug into the fender. Turn on the light to check its operation. Repeat the same installation process on the driver’s side. Return to the place where you marked the height of your original lights. Remove the covers and adjust your new lights so that the beams are the same as your stock units.

19: Now that your lights have been properly fitted and adjusted, it is time to mask off the clear part of the lids to the inscribed line (using 3M or equivalent vinyl tape). Have the rest of the lid painted to the color of your choice.

DO Not paint the black trim molding. Remove and reinstall it after painting. Please note that upon removal of trim, reinstall it to the proper lid it was originally removed from..

For optimum color match, we recommend painting the top lid surface.

FIGURE #16 FIGURE #17

FIGURE #18 FIGURE #19

FIGURE #20

Enjoy Your Lights!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

^^^^ Those instructions are correct!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 AM
EFI-1
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Micah, having done this install several times, my best advice would be to take your time and don't screw down the lenses until you have finalized fitment. I have bored out some of the mounting points on the bottom of the housing so that a more accurate fitment can be made. Don't worry.....1 afternoon of diligence and you'll be good to go!

Aloha, Dave
Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by EFI-1
Micah, having done this install several times, my best advice would be to take your time and don't screw down the lenses until you have finalized fitment. I have bored out some of the mounting points on the bottom of the housing so that a more accurate fitment can be made. Don't worry.....1 afternoon of diligence and you'll be good to go!

Aloha, Dave
dave,

what lights are you going with now?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:29 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by EFI-1

Aloha, Dave

Thanks David.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:49 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Got the instructions...thanks guys!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
2002 MATRIX SC
Burning Brakes

i just got a set and i am about to install them does anyone have the dirrections with the pics? thanks Matt
Old 06-13-2008, 05:46 PM
2002 MATRIX SC
Burning Brakes

anyone with the directions?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
ZOsix
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

you have mail.

Get notified of new replies

To Spectre werkes C5R headlight install