Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Is The Biggest All Corvette Show In The Country?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
elctroman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old55
I was going to say Carlisle,Pa. in August, But I bow to Mid America's show.
same here ,wow
Old 05-25-2007, 03:31 PM
drews60
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DOH! I thought Eureka Springs was big with 600-700 Corvettes!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
jaygood
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought it was @ Sante Fe Steak House in Norman
Old 05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Bloomington Gold in St. Charles, IL although not as big as Funfest is better IMO as far as stuff to do. Big building of vendors, auction and flea market of corvette car parts. Both are a good time however. BG is coming up in Mid June. $.02 deposited
Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 PM
CyberGSDude
Burning Brakes

I thought Bloomington Gold was. Thousands of corvettes. Guess I will have to attend FunFest soon!

Chris
Old 05-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Do they allow other vendors at FunFest (since it is put on by MA)? Im planning to go this year, just want to know if I should bring my checkbook What all do they have, besides a zillion cars?
Old 05-25-2007, 05:16 PM
99mallett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: The line waiting to see Santa Claus stretched all the way back to Terre Haute, and I was at the end, Indiana
Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Vette-kid
Do they allow other vendors at FunFest (since it is put on by MA)? Im planning to go this year, just want to know if I should bring my checkbook What all do they have, besides a zillion cars?
They have a lot of their vendors set up. They also do installs of exhausts, brakes, intakes, etc on site. You get a discount on anything you buy and usually free shipping so you don't have to figure out how to haul it.

We also go to Blomington Gold. The show is fun, but the Road Tour is the best...1,500-2,000 cars.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Tuxblacray
Burning Brakes

Mid America is an awesome event. Yeah there were 15,000 people there last year with vette everywher in the lots. But there was also a butt-load of "other" stuff to do. Tech seminars, My Garage, Supplier previews and discounts. Not to mention the purchase disount with free shipping and free food / T shirts & the concert.

I have been to this event for 10 years and it continues to grow bigger & better each year. Here is a link to this years show...

http://www.mamotorworks.com/funfest/corvettefunfest.asp
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
99mallett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: The line waiting to see Santa Claus stretched all the way back to Terre Haute, and I was at the end, Indiana
Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Tuxblacray
Mid America is an awesome event. Yeah there were 15,000 people there last year with vette everywher in the lots. But there was also a butt-load of "other" stuff to do. Tech seminars, My Garage, Supplier previews and discounts. Not to mention the purchase disount with free shipping and free food / T shirts & the concert.

I have been to this event for 10 years and it continues to grow bigger & better each year. Here is a link to this years show...

http://www.mamotorworks.com/funfest/corvettefunfest.asp
One of the neatest things about Funfest is Mike Yager. He lives Corvettes and he'll stop and talk with anyone about 'em. It's not uncommon to see him out in the crowd during the event. He's very approachable, and a heck of a nice guy. His vendors and employees all seem to have the highest praises for him.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:18 PM
ROJ#79
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Members of the Syracuse Corvette Club attended the Mid=America
Show 2 years ago and all that went had a great time.
Some will be returing back again this Sept.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 99mallett
Mid America Motorworks had something like 14,000 cars last year,
and are expecting about 15,000 this year.

And I'll be there again!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
11yellowgscpe
Burning Brakes

I am not sure about the number of Corvettes at Carlisle, but the event measures 82 acres of Corvette everything. Then there are many, many parking lots that have Corvettes parked in them as well.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:42 PM
04cad
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

We have been to the Funfest several years. We were lucky enough to attend one with a road trip though the country to the fairgrounds for the free entertainment, games and carnival rides. People were sitting in their yards waving as a parade of Corvettes drove by, Corvettes as far as you could see in front and behind you. It was a blast. Funfest is a can't miss weekend.

Last edited by 04cad; 05-25-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:34 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Pink Pony on amatuer night.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by TexasMadMan
I recently attended the Lone Star Show and I'd say they had about 600 Vettes give or take a few present. Looks like Eureka Springs pulls in about 800 Vettes.

What is the biggest Corvette show in the country? How many does it pull? Is it at the National Museum? If so, what is the next biggest show. Can you provide a link to it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm the event manager for Corvettes at Carlisle, I LOVE THIS EVENT! However I'm biased

I wanted to step in on this conversation just because I found it interesting. I think everyone on this forum is right on the money - the big 3 are: Fun Fest, Bloomington Gold & Corvettes at Carlisle. I've attend approximately 20-40 events a year, some small and some huge. What I've figured out during my many visited events are that they all have their own personality. I'd personally recommend attending all the events you hear about, especially if you live nearby.

I enjoy Bloomington Gold because it is hands down the Grand Daddy event - great people own and run the show too. They are definitely more focused on the judging aspect and they have a wonderful auction to boot. I'd recommend going to this event for the experience, again I've been going since I can remember. Yes, I'll be there this year too...

I've only gone to Mid America Fun Fest for 2 events, I'll be back again. It's a GREAT event and Mike treats everyone like family. He's a great friend of mine and even if he wasn't I'd recommend this event as well. It's got a bundle of C5/C6's at this particular show. The concert Mid America throws is incredible too. Again, I'd highly recommend attending this event if you haven't gone.

Now onto Corvettes at Carlisle... As I stated above, I work for the company and my father was the person that created the event so I'm biased. Of course I feel our event is a "must attend" event. We have the largest vendor base of all the events. We have approximately 60,000 people come through our gates each year and what I like best about the event is people are relaxed having a GREAT time. Corvettes at Carlisle is all about the people - Corvette people. My father focused on making sure everyone had a good time time during Corvettes at Carlisle, I try my best to continue his tradition. If you decide to attend an upcoming event I assure you that you'll get that vibe I'm speaking about above - it's pure fun & excitement. The auction is always a great draw and I continually try to include new entertainment year in and year out to help keep it fresh (autocross, woments oasis, kids at Carlisle, burnout contest & etc.). Now onto the shameless plug, if you are interested in attending Corvettes at Carlisle this year click this link for further info.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate contacting me via PM, email or phone. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just to quick recap... each show has its own personality. I'd recommend hitting all of them - heck, life's short!

I didn't mean to confuse anyone, however I just wanted to post my personal opinions on each of the events that were mentioned throughout this thread.

Here's a picture of Corvettes at Carlisle in 2005 (we own approximately 100 acres of land & run 10 car related events a year at the facility posted below):

I hope to bump into some of you at one of the upcoming Corvette events - wherever it may be

Sincerely,

Lance Miller
Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lance:

Thanks for all the great information. I appreciate your input. All of those 3 shows are a long way off for me, but you never know, I might just make it up that way some day.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 PM
btchn99
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Never play games with a bitch who can play them better" NE PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII & IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by old55
I was going to say Carlisle,Pa. in August, But I bow to Mid America's show.
But it probably comes a close second---maybe 3rd

Get notified of new replies

To What Is The Biggest All Corvette Show In The Country?

Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
tellefan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 99mallett
One of the neatest things about Funfest is Mike Yager. He lives Corvettes and he'll stop and talk with anyone about 'em. It's not uncommon to see him out in the crowd during the event. He's very approachable, and a heck of a nice guy. His vendors and employees all seem to have the highest praises for him.
He might not have the lowest prices but..... he and his employees are second to none when it comes to customer service. Plus he throws one hell of a party each year, it gets even better... his party is FREE!!
Mike and his crew get most of my money when it comes to Corvette parts and accessories. Money well spent. David
Old 06-01-2007, 09:23 PM
aquaholic
Racer

i believe carlisle draws over 60,000 people for the weekend and i also believe it is bigger than bloomington and mid-america. i have seen things in print many times calling carlisle the largest corvette event in the world.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Vettecaster
Racer

I'd go to all three events if I could, but there's just something special about Carlisle.

Quick Reply: What Is The Biggest All Corvette Show In The Country?