Sponsored by:

Rant!! Rant!! Rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:05 PM
LS7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant!! Rant!! Rant!!

O.K. So now I haven't started/driven the 2000' C5 in one week and I just warmed in up and there is the traani leak again. If I take it out for awhile, it will stop and then when it sits in the cold garage it will start. Ofcourse it's a GM!! Now I have no choice but to take to THE DOCTORS and have it fixed right. NO MORE DEALER FIXES!
It's sad to say but, after having researched the C6 ZO6 that I was planning on getting in the next year or two and seeing all the Tech Service Bulletins and Recalls and reading stories about people seizing the LS7 engine, locating loose suspension bolts, roof panel issues, I,m seriously deciding on going to the other side and purchasing a VIPER! I did some research on the 06' Viper and didn't come across any Tech Service Bulletins or Recalls. I was never a Dodge person but I'm getting tired of this crap.There it is. I said it, and that is the end of my rant.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:07 PM
c5vette_dallas
Burning Brakes

ok .
Old 02-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Cole
Pro

Originally Posted by LS7
O.K. So now I haven't started/driven the 2000' C5 in one week and I just warmed in up and there is the traani leak again. If I take it out for awhile, it will stop and then when it sits in the cold garage it will start. Ofcourse it's a GM!! Now I have no choice but to take to THE DOCTORS and have it fixed right. NO MORE DEALER FIXES!
It's sad to say but, after having researched the C6 ZO6 that I was planning on getting in the next year or two and seeing all the Tech Service Bulletins and Recalls and reading stories about people seizing the LS7 engine, locating loose suspension bolts, roof panel issues, I,m seriously deciding on going to the other side and purchasing a VIPER! I did some research on the 06' Viper and didn't come across any Tech Service Bulletins or Recalls. I was never a Dodge person but I'm getting tired of this crap.There it is. I said it, and that is the end of my rant.
Whne the pain and expense - usually expense - gets to be more than the cost of replacement, its time to replace.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:38 PM
photoguy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS7
Thanks for the rant. It happens to all of us sooner or later. There are NO gurantees with the Dodge either. Good Luck!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Sully C5
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Just do what I did...replace every mechanical part on the car with those made by reliable high-performance companies. Now I drive a Corvette, not made by GM, which means it is reliable even under track conditions and it beats Vipers.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,352 Likes on 14,006 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

At some point it does come to a decision that enough is enough. Looks like it has happened for you. Sorry you are having so much trouble and hope that if you get a Viper, the same thing doesn't happen again.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
R Devil
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it that your tranny leak has been an ongoing problem? Must be very frustrating. Hope you get it repaired correctly.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Sorry guys but its an inherent problem with any high end sports car. My buddy has a 87 Contach and an 89 Ferrari Testarossa. Both leak fuilds. However these toys to fix require the engine to be out . You are looking at around $10.000. So our Vettes require some attention. All part of the hobby. I don't like it anymore than you . I too wish I didn't a tranny leak or gas gauge problem ect, but I love my Vette and accept that there will always be things to fix.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:17 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDs00PewterCoupe
At some point it does come to a decision that enough is enough. Looks like it has happened for you. Sorry you are having so much trouble and hope that if you get a Viper, the same thing doesn't happen again.
From what I read he only listed having a tranny leak..."enough is enough"??? If that is his only problem he should consider himself lucky.

All the other problems he listed were things he "read about"...
Old 02-17-2007, 04:00 PM
LS7
Racer

Originally Posted by WWK888
From what I read he only listed having a tranny leak..."enough is enough"??? If that is his only problem he should consider himself lucky.

I've the other problems he listed were things he "read about"...
I've had other problems too and this is bringing me to the last straw!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:17 PM
mrm1149
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Once you leave the Dr.'s "office" you'll be in good shape. Count on it
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM
LTVetteVert00
Racer

Default I feel your pain, brother!

Originally Posted by LS7
It is discouraging to discover that your dream car is made with less attention to detail than a pickup truck. I have a Silverado Z71 and have never had a tranny leak or differential leak or sterring wheel lockout problem?? So, I understand the RANT. I will not go so far as to buy a Viper...but, I will begin replacing poorly made GM parts with things that are made by folks who care about quality and their customers.

LT
Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM
H4WT LS1
Instructor

Sorry that happened I feel your pain, stuff breaks, repair it and move on.

Get notified of new replies

To Rant!! Rant!! Rant!!

Quick Reply: Rant!! Rant!! Rant!!