Sponsored by:

[Z06] Spirited drive with a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Mr. Azrael
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rimler
I am surprise this thread has lasted this long, but, BitViper, are you here because you want to buy a Z06 or are you here to stir up the sh**?
He is an LS1tech member who has been extremely interested in buying a Z06. I am sure he is here on that purpose, but this thread is so full of inflated heads and nonsense I am sure he could not pass up the chance to chime in.

Needless to say this thread has started my ignore list... Now back to enjoying our cars!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Doctor Electron
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twil1ght
The problem here is that you actually think that means something. They don't hand out professional racing licenses based on thinking you know what you're doing. The average street squid doesn't stand a chance. Go get a racing license, race for a few years, then get an expert license (for the record I was promoted to expert in one season), qualify for a pro license, get on TV, amass a jam packed trophy room, have a major motorcycle manufacturer use your name/likeness in an ad to sell the motorcycle you're racing, then get back to me.
Doesn't it get a tad crowded in your Z? I mean w/ all your superior attributes and your ego it must get a bit stuffy in there.
Doc E.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:35 PM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rimler
I am surprise this thread has lasted this long, but, BitViper, are you here because you want to buy a Z06 or are you here to stir up the sh**?
A bit thin skinned aren't we....

I apologize if i offend..its not my intention.

The corvette is a great auto. Overall it will out handle allot of cars even the "Crapmaro".

The independent suspension of the Corvette is great over uneven surfaces and will definitely out class a Camaro.....

BUT the Camaro will pull ~.9g's check the spec's for the Corvette is rated at a bit over 1g or better.

With the changes to MY suspension I believe I can match most drivers in a Corvette...because the differences at that point come down to driving skills not car..I also know because I have done it bot on the street and at track days.

Opinions are like A$$holes...mines just another..hope i didn't stink up your house

Last edited by BitViper; 02-05-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Scatman
Instructor

I owend/own both:

2000 z28....Slightly modded (lid, exhaust, suspension stuff)
Feels like a BIG heavy car.... thats pretty fast.

2002 z06....(stock) WOW, this car IS fast.

And no I have never raced either.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 AM
03 Anti-venom
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this thread really got off track from my original post
I have respect for the Camaro and would have purchased one had I not found my Z06 at a great price. Both cars are awesome in their own respect. Have fun and enjoy the ride
Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by BitViper
Wanna bet..cornering is what I build mine for..Ive seen many a Z3 or M3 disappear in my rear mirror going around curves... a vette..would be just another victim. Z28's stock can do .9g's on a skid pad....their great cars if set up right...
There are so many things wrong with this argument it's incredible. First of all, cars disappearing in your rear view mirror can indicate several things. During my professional racing career there are many documented events where I road up into the 1100cc class on 600cc motorcycles and stood on the box. This does NOT mean the motorcycles behind me weren't faster and better motorcycles, as they were. Secondly, a high lateral g rating on a skid pad does not directly translate into a great race car. Thirdly, with the 3439 lbs of curb weight the 2001 Z28 was hauling around you'd need to be significantly better in several categories in order to be equal with a Z06, a feat not only difficult but requiring a lot of money invested. This scenario reminds me of a kid with a Honda who told me, "If I put sixty thousand dollars into my Honda I could SMOKE your Z06." Rather than take the time to explain it to the kid I just gave him my best Dean Martin impression and said, "bluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhblu h...Kid, if you put sixty thousand dollars into that Honda, you're a moron."

Originally Posted by Dr. Electron
Doesn't it get a tad crowded in your Z? I mean w/ all your superior attributes and your ego it must get a bit stuffy in there.
Doc E.
Unfortunately stating the facts from my past may come across to some people as an ego trip. Often stating these facts in a way so as to make them a measuring stick is also the only way to put it into layman's terms for some people to understand that without professional racing success in their history what they are doing would be the equivalent of me arguing with an orthopaedic surgeon over procedure to repair a fractured femur. Just because I've been in the room doesn't mean I'm ready to do orthopaedic surgery.

Last edited by Twil1ght; 02-07-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
OsinO
Instructor

It must be a give and take since obviously your super human racing skills have come at the cost of maturity and personableness... you must be much more annoying in real life.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by OsinO
It must be a give and take since obviously your super human racing skills have come at the cost of maturity and personableness... you must be much more annoying in real life.
I never said I was super human - just quite successful at racing. If that makes you feel this way, life's rough. Fortunately we don't have to see each other at all ever unless we so choose, nor do you have to actually read my posts and respond to them.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Roy1
Instructor

Quick Reply: [Z06] Spirited drive with a Camaro