Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Spirited drive with a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Roy1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have much respect for the vette especially the Z06. It is a damn good car . I've seen it first hand battling with the GT3 P-cars over here on Hockenheim.
But don't discount the camaro it is not as bad handling as most people think. Take this video for what its worth (Amusement).
camaro fahrer auf dem ring
Old 01-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Black C5 Z06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else notice that the Camaro passed an SLR McLaren?

What's wrong with that car/driver? lol
Old 01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by mitsubishi_freak8
Anyone else notice that the Camaro passed an SLR McLaren?

What's wrong with that car/driver? lol
Just because you can buy a fast car doesn't mean you can drive it.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:27 PM
ptindall
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Twil1ght
Just because you can buy a fast car doesn't mean you can drive it.
I've been on the track with a really slow F430 and I watched a Ford GT spin out while driving gruelingly slow. Too bad I did'nt whoop their *** on film with a civic or I could post it on the internet and be the hero of millions retarded tuner heads. No offense to this video at all. It's very cool. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Black C5 Z06
Drifting

O yeah, I think the video was cool. I love road racing. I just thought it was weird that he passed it w/o any trouble. So yeah, guess he can't drive...
Old 01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 Anti-venom
His car had lid,shorty headers and something else(can't remember).
His car must have had a lot more than lid and headers. Stock for stock a Z06 is at least a full second quicker through the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Roy1
Instructor

Originally Posted by ptindall
I've been on the track with a really slow F430 and I watched a Ford GT spin out while driving gruelingly slow. Too bad I did'nt whoop their *** on film with a civic or I could post it on the internet and be the hero of millions retarded tuner heads. No offense to this video at all. It's very cool. Thanks for posting.
None taken, I just enjoy driving . I am quite sure the SLR was being very conservative while driving his uber teuer wagen on the ring.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Flybob
Advanced

Default Mine is bigger than yours!!

I am new to Z06's having bought mine last year. First Corvette for me. Lots of you guys may not remember, but back in the 60's we called all Corvettes "plastic toys". Never thought that I would own one until the Z06. Really never did care much for GM products.

Had Mopars (66 Charger RT) and a couple of FoMoCo's as well. I can honestly say I enjoyed them all, but I do believe that the Z06 is by far the best. The only thing that I enjoy as much as driving the Z06 is flying (I forgot what else used to be fun!!)

I still have a Austin Healey 3000 that I owned for 39 years, as well as a 72 Mustang Convertable 4 speed 351C as I understand 1 of 49 made that year and maybe some day I wil have my old 36 Ford Coupe on the road. All of them are/will be fun.

Enjoy them while you can.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Sick Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by EBMR02Z
I can't believe you referred to the Camaro as "crap". You obviously have never owned one. Yes, the Z is a superior car to it in stock form but its no where near crap. Its attitudes like that that causes the F-body crowd to not like us for the most part. Save it for the mustangs.

I've owned 3 of them. I can certainly agree with his statements. Stock vs Stock, real world... the camaro IS crap compared to a vette. Which is the way GM intended it to be.

However, if you were to get a camaro, and dump the aproximate difference in price of the maro to the vette, on suspension and other mods.... It still isnt going to handle like a vette.

Don't believe me, hit up some auto-cross sites or road race sites.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:28 PM
vodan
Instructor

Nothing like a whole bunch of people who are so dead set on whatever they like that they are easily riled up but someone who doesn't like it. Get a life.
It's not the fact that you don't like it that bothers people. It's your complete lack of respect for fellow forum members that gets irritating.

Just a thought...
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by vodan
It's not the fact that you don't like it that bothers people. It's your complete lack of respect for fellow forum members that gets irritating.

Just a thought...
Ah well... I have no respect for a Camaro - I don't care who's driving it.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Black C5 Z06
Drifting

Ah well... I have no respect for a Camaro - I don't care who's driving it.
And one will put you in your place one day too
Old 02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by mitsubishi_freak8
And one will put you in your place one day too
It'll be a cold day in hell when a Camaro can keep up with me through the twisties - thus far I haven't found a Z06 that will do that.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Sick Z06
Racer

It'll be a cold day in hell when a Camaro can keep up with me through the twisties - thus far I haven't found a Z06 that will do that.
You think that since you ride a bike, you havent met a driver with enough talent to out pace you in the twisties?

Man have you got some learning to do.

And dont even think for 1 second I don't know what I'm talking about. If you'd like I can show you a pic of NO chicken strip's on my hayabusa, RC51, VFR, OR cbr600rr.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Black C5 Z06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sick Z06
And dont even think for 1 second I don't know what I'm talking about. If you'd like I can show you a pic of NO chicken strip's on my hayabusa, RC51, VFR, OR cbr600rr.
I'm not very crotch rocket savy. What's this mean?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:48 PM
rimler
Racer

Default Is this thing going to be locked?

Do the moderators just pick and choose which street racing threads to lock? I had one locked last year, locked pretty quick too...? Mine was close to what this thread is, no mention of speeds, just an open stretch of road..... Let's be fair moderators, lock one, lock them all
Old 02-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Black C5 Z06
Drifting

Dude, comon, don't whine, the topic has moved away from the race and more into defending Camaro's honor. That's probably why they haven't locked it.

Get notified of new replies

To Spirited drive with a Camaro

Old 02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
rimler
Racer

DUDE, not whining merely pointing out the obvious. I just seen one today that went from street racing to the merits of a supercharged mustang.... and it was locked. Merely wanting the moderators to be fair and balance, I want to know what to expect when I come to this forum...
Old 02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Torqaholic
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm not very crotch rocket savy. What's this mean?
A motorcycle tire has a round tread profile. If all you ever did was ride a straight line there would be road wear in the center of the tire and the outside of the tread would be clean, "unworn". This unworn tread is called a chicken stripe. It implies you are afraid to lean your bike over. Just having any amount of chicken stripe says something about your skill in the twisties.

Not necessarily related to crotch rockets. My Valkyrie has no chicken stripe. We tend to put more emphasis on size of the hole scraped into the crash bar (and that's not from crashing).

Vette owners are snobs? Confidence is not snobbery when spoken from experience. Crazy wannabe car drivers trying to sitir things up. Good luck a buying a car where all the owners share your elite sensitivites newb Maybe one of those new Vokswagen Slugs would be more to your liking?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Doctor Electron
Instructor

ahh, you guys calm down. I'll come around in my shifter cart and put all of you in your place. Seriously, a love of cars is a love of cars. Everybody can't afford a vette and I assure you that there are many talented drivers in much less of a car that could leave some of you behind in the twisties.
Doc E.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Spirited drive with a Camaro