Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pistols that will fit in a C5 center console?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Factory 5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe if you call these guys in your state they could tell you where they put theirs.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:05 AM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FAAASTJEDI2000
NICE SA Operator !!!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 323 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Taurus recently released an interesting personal defense revolver. It will chamber .45 LC or .410 shot shells. Should fit in the console.

Pretty sure the Smith & Wesson .50 cal won't fit.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:32 AM
S76HeliPilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by old55
I damn sure will WAVE to any Vette I see in the future,especially ones with Southern or Western States tags on 'em! Here in Jersey we can't get a permit to carry, unless you're an active or retired LEO.
I lived in NJ for my whole life until six years ago when we moved to PA.

Welcome to America!! Were the first words I heard when I visited the local gun shop the first time.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:44 AM
terpesman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Burgie
What data base did you pull your research from? I can only speak from personally witnessing kids being shot with guns stolen from cars when they were needlessly kept, or worse yet where the weapons were kept around the house for personal safety and siblings were shot and killed by accident or on purpose. 30 years of it and nothing noble about seeing kids with their brains blown out either by accident or on purpose.
By your logic, none of us should be driving Vettes because they are inherently dangerous.

Personally, I've never had one of my guns jump out of the holster and open fire on a poor, defenseless child.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:01 AM
terpesman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vette-kid
Just curious as to why so many of you seem anti 9MM. Im in the Air force and that is what we are issued, I also own one personally. In any home defense, or vehicle defense, a criminal CANNOT get far enough away from me for a 9mm not to drop him. Especially with hollow points. at a range of 15 ft. the 9mm is more than enough to bring down the meanest of men. generally smaller, and IMO easier to handle. plus I get 15rd clips.

If 9mm are for chicks, then I guess im a lesbian!
You might want to read a little more on the subject before deciding that the 9mm is sufficient (even with hollow points) for all occasions. I am at work and don't have access to all my gun links but there is plenty of information about small calibers vs. people full of PCP or other drugs. Now I'm not saying that the 9mm round shouldn't be used (depending on the situation I carry an HK P7 M8) but in some instances, it really pays to have other options.

As far as the military is concerned, you may have been issued a 9mm but take a look at what the Spec Ops guys are using. Don't assume the contract that Beretta signed with the DOD means that the pistol you are getting is the best pistol for YOU. It's the "best" pistol (read "Cheapest" pistol) the government could get in sufficient quantities to arm service members. Keep in mind that ammo costs played a huge part in their decision making process.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 AM
terpesman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Red3644
I carry a Glock22 and a Kahr 9. To be honest, I never thought of keeping it in the center console. The best place for me seems to be simply placed on the floor right in front of the seat. It's never slid
around and is more accessable than the console or glove box. You can also just push it back a bit if need be. Hope that helps.
I used to do that too until I saw this.

http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html
Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Burgie
Pro

I have nothing against guns, have had to carry one all my career. I initially questioned the need to carry one in your car, especially if untrained and the propensity it creates for additional hardships, i.e., road rage access, stolen from cars when having to be left behind, officer safety when he or she has to stop the driver who is carrying a weapon and certainly not least of all, the mental stability of some that carry weapons. And yes, the same argument can be made from cars to baseball bats. Carry if you will but know full well the risk involved both to you and others-
Travel safe-
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by terpesman
I used to do that too until I saw this.

http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html
Nothing for the one I normally carry... bummer!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
bobbss
Racer

Originally Posted by rwsr50
What a lot of people don't understand, and I didn't either until I got older and more mature, is speed limits aren't just about your ability to keep control. They are also about things like other people having to pull out onto roads with blind curves, limited sight distances, etc. Ever found yourself in a situation where you can see only so far when accessing a road? If anybody already on that road was traveling the posted speed limit, you'd have plenty of time to pull out. You don't see anything, and start to pull out, and here comes somebody into view doing double the speed limit, and they're on top of you in nothing flat.

Another situation would be you come around a blind curve, and there in front of you traffic is stopped, for whatever reason. We Vette drivers occasionally like to see how fast we can negotiate curves. (I'm not preaching, I'm as guilty as the next person.)

Then you have deer busting out across roads unexpectedly, especially certain times of the year like during the rut and hunting seasons.

I guess what I'm saying is there's a big difference between a "closed course" and real life.

I know this has nothing to do with the original question, but just something to think about. Wish somebody had thrown this out to me before I had to learn it on my own with experience, and not necessarily a bad experience.

Anyhow, my original intent with my post was to make the point that speeding really is more dangerous than carrying a gun.
Thats why I say use some sense and theres a place and time.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Winterlude
Pro

Originally Posted by rwsr50
What a lot of people don't understand, and I didn't either until I got older and more mature, is speed limits aren't just about your ability to keep control. They are also about things like other people having to pull out onto roads with blind curves, limited sight distances, etc. Ever found yourself in a situation where you can see only so far when accessing a road? If anybody already on that road was traveling the posted speed limit, you'd have plenty of time to pull out. You don't see anything, and start to pull out, and here comes somebody into view doing double the speed limit, and they're on top of you in nothing flat.

Another situation would be you come around a blind curve, and there in front of you traffic is stopped, for whatever reason. We Vette drivers occasionally like to see how fast we can negotiate curves. (I'm not preaching, I'm as guilty as the next person.)

Then you have deer busting out across roads unexpectedly, especially certain times of the year like during the rut and hunting seasons.

I guess what I'm saying is there's a big difference between a "closed course" and real life.

I know this has nothing to do with the original question, but just something to think about. Wish somebody had thrown this out to me before I had to learn it on my own with experience, and not necessarily a bad experience.

Anyhow, my original intent with my post was to make the point that speeding really is more dangerous than carrying a gun.
Yes doubling the limit is dangerous, and speeding on a road that isn't a multi-lane 1way interstate is too, but I don't believe for a second that mildly breaking the speed limit, like just over 10mph, is more dangerous than everyone being allowed to carry a concealed weapon. And i'm not against carrying a concealed weapon, especially in the US where anybody has basically free access to guns. But even a gun fan has to acknowledge the trade off, that guns in cars do bring an element of danger to the streets. I mean common get real people, we all agree that people should have a right to carry a concealed weapon, but lets not pretend there is not a flip side to it.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Burgie
Pro

Originally Posted by Winterlude
Yes doubling the limit is dangerous, and speeding on a road that isn't a multi-lane 1way interstate is too, but I don't believe for a second that mildly breaking the speed limit, like just over 10mph, is more dangerous than everyone being allowed to carry a concealed weapon. And i'm not against carrying a concealed weapon, especially in the US where anybody has basically free access to guns. But even a gun fan has to acknowledge the trade off, that guns in cars do bring an element of danger to the streets. I mean common get real people, we all agree that people should have a right to carry a concealed weapon, but lets not pretend there is not a flip side to it.
I agree and don't forget, when the "Man" walks up to your car and happens to see the weapon before you get a chance to tell him/her, you will very likely have their's screwed into your left ear so far you will have to plug your nose and blow to get it out.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
j84buick
Drifting

Do we even have an Off Topic section anymore?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:05 PM
kalister1
Drifting

I live in Maryland where it is all but IMPOSSIBLE to get a carry permit. A hot headed friend of mine got cut off on the road a few years back by a little old man, the old man could bearly see over the steering wheel of his car. When they came to a red light my buddy jumped out to confront the old man. As he approached the car the old man was rolling down the window with one hand and pointing the pistol with the other. Needless to say the confrontation was quickly ended and my buddy has never gotten out of his car again. Chalk one up for the old man.
Just remember : Police do not protect and serve, They process victims and arrest suspects. No disrespect to LEO's, our politicians get protection. The average citizen gets processed after the fact.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Burgie
Pro

Clearly this is a topic where every one has their idea of what should or should not be. However, it strays from what this forum is actually all about, "Corvettes" and how to fix, modify and customize.
Personally, when something is astray with my C5, I enjoy coming to this forum and finding quick solid repairs or sharing those problems with others.
Enjoy the forum, learn from the forum and let's not abuse the forum-
Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
VERTC5
Racer

Am I the only one who wonders why it's illegal to mount machine guns on the front of your car! It'd be lots of fun when someone cuts you off in traffic

I love living in the "Gunshine" state!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Yoggi
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I dont believe I saw the most important question asked in this series.

Does larger calibre mean more horse power for the vette?

Get notified of new replies

To Pistols that will fit in a C5 center console?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Burgie
Pro

Originally Posted by Yoggi
I dont believe I saw the most important question asked in this series.

Does larger calibre mean more horse power for the vette?
ONLY if fired to the rear-
Old 01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Burgie
ONLY if fired to the rear-
Old 01-05-2007, 02:12 PM
btchn99
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Never play games with a bitch who can play them better" NE PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII & IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

I have read alot of threads here and have noticed that some go quite well and uninterrupted until someone just has to voice their opinion on a subject they have no business even being involved in---then it all goes to hell. The question was what will fit in the center console. If you have an answer then by all means please supply it---if you are here to protest someone elses rights then maybe you should just move along. I believe it states---if you are not contributing anything to the thread then you do not belong in it in the first place.

Small calibers are quite convenient, fit in the console and are intimidating enough to possibly difuse a confrontation---using hollow points will help end the confrontation if there is no way to difuse it, education enables you to know which situation you are actually in. Without training and education you should not be handling any type of weapon and i would remove all the steak knives from my house as well.

hk940---did you actually get any insight out of this thread at all??? I think there were more jokes than serious answers.

Last edited by btchn99; 01-05-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Pistols that will fit in a C5 center console?