Idiot lights and DIC flashing on

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 AM
vettebob2
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Idiot lights and DIC flashing on

I'll try to be brief in this description:
I have a 99. I have been getting the ABS and the TRACTION CONTROL idiot lights coming on. Additionally the DIC comes on at the same time with 3 items needing attention: 1. ABS needs attention 2. TRACTION CONTROL NEEDS ATTENTION 3. ??? Oh dear I forget what the 3rd item was but it is similar to the traction control I think.

I let a Chevrolet Dealer in Brandon Florida attend to it. They cleaned the sensors??? and then repacked them with grease??? I may not be describing that correctly?? Well needless to say that didn't cure it. Now they want to switch the harnesses around??? What is triggering the error message I guess is something coming from the front right wheel???

Everytime you turn the engine off - the computer(or whatever) resets itself and there will be no lights or DIC coming on and you can drive 30-40 miles and nothing will happen??? A couple of times I tried to make it do it so I drove aggresively(I have a 6 speed) and when I hit 60mph it seemed to trigger it?? Make any sense? or just a coincidence?

Any suggestions? and maybe where to take it to get it really remedied/repaired???(I live in the south Tampa, Fl area)
Old 11-10-2006, 11:59 AM
ChefBoy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

My '02 has had a similar problem a couple of times (in fact, it's hapening very intermittently right now). Both times, it was a loose or corroded ground connection to the chassis. There are several to check. That's where the mechanic should probably be looking.

Good luck!

CB
Old 11-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Had the same problems and took this action. Have not had the problem since (3 years) [Knock on Wood]
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=896875
Its in Tech as a sticky on top Electrical (Long)
Cleaned all of the contacts and it seemed to do the trick.

Good lick.

Regards.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:30 PM
GR802C5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. Here is the best thread I've found on this issue: Good luck.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...highlight=1214

Get notified of new replies

To Idiot lights and DIC flashing on

Quick Reply: Idiot lights and DIC flashing on