Sponsored by:

Help with the C5 headlight gear instructions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Mera
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with the C5 headlight gear instructions

Looking for some help with the C5 headlight gear instructions for the late (2000-2004) style plastic housings. Since I have added the steel brace I have added a half page add-on instruction sheet to my kits. So it is somewhat confusing to have a double sided rebuild instruction sheet and a half page supplement sheet with no pictures. So I would like to redo my instructions to just a single double sided sheet again. I am looking for someone that that can make me some simple drawings showing how the plate installs and where the brass washer goes. Just a simple side view. I have a friend that usually does this for me but he has been too busy with a newborn to find the time. Anyone? I can email the instructions if anyone can help. Only way I could do it would be to make hand drawn drawings. I'm not computer savey enough to do CAD type stuff.

Thank you
Rodney Dickman
Rodney Dickman's Auto Acc's
Web page: www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax(262) 835-9575
Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 AM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Mera
Looking for some help with the C5 headlight gear instructions for the late (2000-2004) style plastic housings. Since I have added the steel brace I have added a half page add-on instruction sheet to my kits. So it is somewhat confusing to have a double sided rebuild instruction sheet and a half page supplement sheet with no pictures. So I would like to redo my instructions to just a single double sided sheet again. I am looking for someone that that can make me some simple drawings showing how the plate installs and where the brass washer goes. Just a simple side view. I have a friend that usually does this for me but he has been too busy with a newborn to find the time. Anyone? I can email the instructions if anyone can help. Only way I could do it would be to make hand drawn drawings. I'm not computer savey enough to do CAD type stuff.

Thank you
Rodney Dickman
Rodney Dickman's Auto Acc's
Web page: www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax(262) 835-9575
I just installed your brass gear kit - it worked very well. Thanks!

Your idea to modify the instructions would be helpful - IMO, pictures would be as good or better than any CAD drawings.

My $0.02 on areas to drill down on:

1 - The brass washer: Your instructions indicate to mount the brass washer on the long shaft (drive shaft) of the assembly. However, since the shaft mounts one way for the driver side vs the pass. side, it can be confusing. It might be helpful to detail the install for the pass. side to show the brass washer going on, then turning the gear/shaft over for install.

2 - The metal bracket.. Again, more detail on the fact that on the driver side, it goes on the shaft side and on the passenger side the bracket goes on the 'stub' side. Perhaps it's obvious since that's where the covers are oriented, but if you don't do a lot of this, it could be helpful.

It's a very well thought out kit - The inclusion of the epoxy and the lube is a great touch. The addition of some pics to the combined directions will make life easier for mod-noobs like me

You may want to try this software - free trial: http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/ca...ng.asp?id=1134

Side bar question - after the install, it seems that the driver side headlight comes up a tad bit slower than the passenger side. Lowering takes the same time. The gear was turning fine by hand, so it doesn't seem to be getting any extra drag.. Any ideas on what might be causing that?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by HIRISC; 09-03-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with the C5 headlight gear instructions