I'm sick, first scratch! or keyed

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:28 AM
NOBCKSEAT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default I'm sick, first scratch! or keyed

Yea, I know, won't be the last. My 2002 Electron Blue Convertible with 17,000 has a 5 inch scratch down the rear quarter. You can see primer underneath. Almost looks like it was keyed, and we have been having issues with some punks/family down the street. And I live in a upper class neighborhood. Always drive it directly in the garage, watch were I park, don't drive every day. We left it out last night till 10, before putting it in the garage. Can't prove anything, want to level their house so they move on. Anyone know of any terriorist looking to sell a RPG??? AGGGG!!! Jealous haters!
Can I fix without quarter repaint?
Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ELTRONVETTE
Yea, I know, won't be the last. My 2002 Electron Blue Convertible with 17,000 has a 5 inch scratch down the rear quarter. You can see primer underneath. Almost looks like it was keyed, and we have been having issues with some punks/family down the street. And I live in a upper class neighborhood. Always drive it directly in the garage, watch were I park, don't drive every day. We left it out last night till 10, before putting it in the garage. Can't prove anything, want to level their house so they move on. Anyone know of any terriorist looking to sell a RPG??? AGGGG!!! Jealous haters!
Can I fix without quarter repaint?
Since you can't prove they did it but you are pretty sure those jealous bastiches did in fact do it...at least make a police report for vandalism and send the "punk family down the street" a copy of the report...they may take the hint
On a side note>>>same thing happened to a neighbor of mine a few years ago with his Vette getting keyed...the suspect vandal ended up having his cat disappear mysteriously

Last edited by Yello95; 08-25-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
TJB-VETTE
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Leave it out again with a hidden camera
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 AM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

That sux.....

You might ask around - there are some very talented airbrush painters that might be able to blend that in without reshooting the entire 1/4.

As far as your neighbors - I don't know what to say. Be careful not to escalate this beyond where it already is. If they did perpetrate this, they obviously have the means and the initiative to come on your property and damage it. As things escalate, the damage gets bigger and bigger. Believe me - I'm no pacifist, but without evidence that it was them....I'd tread lightly. Morons like this continue their idiocy and eventually they will make a mistake and reveal themselves. Once you have proof - that is the time to act.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 AM
NOBCKSEAT
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11

I'm definitely installing cameras tonight, and maybe I should bait them.....
Then go for the kill.....
Old 08-25-2006, 10:16 AM
deathinnovember
Burning Brakes

no I completely agree. Set it out side for the night. Set up cameras and I know it will hurt SO much to have it be keyed again. But if you have ill refusable proof of them commiting the felony they or their insurance company will have to pay for every penny to get it painted.

Also if they're underage. Their parents insurance company will have to pay for it AND they'll get put on probhation. DOUBLE EDGE SWORD BIATCH.

keep us informed.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Wow. Hate to hear it. If it's down to the primer I presume you will have to do some fill and then paint, but I don't suspect you'll have to repaint the full quarter. There are some interesting products out there you may be able to use to fill. Check this site out:

http://www.langka.com/

Finally, try posting over in the Auto Care Forum. Real car care experts there who can provide some advice as well. Good luck
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
GMvert
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I know how you feel. Our lexus was left out all night near graduation time and it got egged and paintballed and we live in an area that is quiet. It will be alot of work to try and catch them. I would definately get it fixed by a prof, it hurts to fork out that kind of money but your vette will appreciate it. Just think this kid has probably been told by one of his friends that he is un-cool for doing that to a vette. No one likes to see Americas Icon get scratched!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:24 AM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Cameras & continual recording DVD unit (see e-bay).

Had to do my side yard and driveway due to break- ins (vehicles).

Cost ~$600 to $1100 (Depending on number of cameras desired - IMO more cameras is better.

Good luck, and do NOTHING until you can prove the SOB's did something
Old 08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
BiggieBoy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Unfortunately, there's a lot of low life scum out there. Atleast they didn't key the entire side of your car or throw a brick through the windshield. As I've stated several times here on the Forum, "Too bad we don't allow public caning in this country"....
Old 08-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Mr.DJ
Pro

Originally Posted by c5BlackBeauty
Wow. Hate to hear it. If it's down to the primer I presume you will have to do some fill and then paint, but I don't suspect you'll have to repaint the full quarter. There are some interesting products out there you may be able to use to fill. Check this site out:

http://www.langka.com/

Finally, try posting over in the Auto Care Forum. Real car care experts there who can provide some advice as well. Good luck
Interesting product...thanks for the link.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:50 AM
SJC5
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a friend that installed an X10 Wireless Security System in his house. He also placed several wireless security cameras with motion detectors around the perimeter outside. They are connected to his computer and it will record directly to the hard drive. I'm thinking about just getting the wireless security cameras by themselves.
http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm
Old 08-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Disco Stu
Safety Car

Sorry to hear about the scratch. I guess I've been lucky with 66,000 miles on my 20002.

And I live in a upper class neighborhood.
Where you live doesn't matter, it just means that some people have a little more money, or better credit.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:58 AM
AtiLLa
Racer

Originally Posted by BiggieBoy
As I've stated several times here on the Forum, "Too bad we don't allow public caning in this country"....

atilla...
Old 08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
ebubman
Melting Slicks

I'm definitely installing cameras tonight, and maybe I should bait them.....
Then go for the kill.....
i'm thinking baseball bat. bub
Old 08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Z06HPISFUN
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by ebubman
i'm thinking baseball bat. bub

Pliers + tooth extraction = confession...
Old 08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
BigButtLover
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 229 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I live in a upper class neighborhood.
This doesn't mean anything. I've lived in some pretty crummy neighborhoods with some nice vehicles and they were never
touched. Jealous people are everywhere.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm sick, first scratch! or keyed

Old 08-25-2006, 12:40 PM
hardtop
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hijack your thread But...
Not a Vette, obviously, but this is what happened when we loaned our car to a "friend". It was keyed front to back on both sides to include the headlights and tail lights.
We asked them to turn it in on their insurance, they refused. They did have a police report filed so that will help our case in court.
Funny thing though. While my wife was on the phone with our lawyer, this "friend" called to ask to borrow the Tribute again
Old 08-25-2006, 12:53 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by hardtop
Sorry to hijack your thread But...
Not a Vette, obviously, but this is what happened when we loaned our car to a "friend". It was keyed front to back on both sides to include the headlights and tail lights.
We asked them to turn it in on their insurance, they refused. They did have a police report filed so that will help our case in court.
Funny thing though. While my wife was on the phone with our lawyer, this "friend" called to ask to borrow the Tribute again
"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; / For loan oft loseth both itself and friend. / And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."--Shakespeare

I cannot believe that someone would borrow a vehicle, return it in this condition and then have the audacity to ask to borrow it again.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If it's that deep, I'd be willing to bet that you'll need to touch up paint it.

Quick Reply: I'm sick, first scratch! or keyed