Sponsored by:

west coast corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:42 AM
rickeymoore1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default west coast corvette

I BROUGHT GM DURASTOP BRAKE ROTORS , IN LESS THAN AWEEKS TIME THEY BEGAIN TO RUST SO I CALLED WEST COAST CORVETTE AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT , AND I ASK THEM TO TAKE THEM BACK THEY TOLD ME THAT GM WOULD NOT STAND BEHINE THIER ROTORS ON RUST ONLY IF THEY CRACK, WCC GAVE ME A HARD TIME ON TAKING THE ROTORS BACK IT TOOK 4 TO 5 PHONE CALLS BEFORE THEY AGREED TO TAKE THEM BACK WHY WOULD YOU SELL A PRODUCT AND DONT STAND BEHINE IT. THE MANAGER AT WCC SAID THEY WOULD STOP SELLIND THAT ROTOR, TO ALL MY CORVETTE BROTHERS DONT BUY THE GM ROTORS THEY WILL RUST IN LESS THAN A WEEK. HAS ANY ONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WCC THEY DID ME SO BAD ABOUT THE ROTORS I WANT BUY FROM THEM AGAIN, THEY DID GIVE ME A $600. 00 CREDIT WHICH IS WHAT PAID FOR THE GM ROTORS SO NOW I GOT THE WILWOOD SRP SERIES ROTORS THEY ARE SILVER ZINC WASH SO THEY SHOULD NOT RUST .
Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rickeymoore1
I BROUGHT GM DURASTOP BRAKE ROTORS , IN LESS THAN AWEEKS TIME THEY BEGAIN TO RUST SO I CALLED WEST COAST CORVETTE AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT , AND I ASK THEM TO TAKE THEM BACK THEY TOLD ME THAT GM WOULD NOT STAND BEHINE THIER ROTORS ON RUST ONLY IF THEY CRACK, WCC GAVE ME A HARD TIME ON TAKING THE ROTORS BACK IT TOOK 4 TO 5 PHONE CALLS BEFORE THEY AGREED TO TAKE THEM BACK WHY WOULD YOU SELL A PRODUCT AND DONT STAND BEHINE IT. THE MANAGER AT WCC SAID THEY WOULD STOP SELLIND THAT ROTOR, TO ALL MY CORVETTE BROTHERS DONT BUY THE GM ROTORS THEY WILL RUST IN LESS THAN A WEEK. HAS ANY ONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WCC THEY DID ME SO BAD ABOUT THE ROTORS I WANT BUY FROM THEM AGAIN, THEY DID GIVE ME A $600. 00 CREDIT WHICH IS WHAT PAID FOR THE GM ROTORS SO NOW I GOT THE WILWOOD SRP SERIES ROTORS THEY ARE SILVER ZINC WASH SO THEY SHOULD NOT RUST .
Its simple, you should've made sure you asked them about the rust, BEFORE you bought them. Most ppl know that if rotors are not Zinc coated, they will rust. Even the Zinc coated ones loose their affect in a couple of years. Good luck with the Wilwood rotors, they are just a better brand.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 AM
georgec114
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop yelling!

Rotors are metal...they get wet...they rust.
You got a credit where you shouldn't have...So what's the problem?
Get over it and grow the f&$% up.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:28 AM
bsmith
Team Owner

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by georgec114
Stop yelling!

Rotors are metal...they get wet...they rust.
You got a credit where you shouldn't have...So what's the problem?
Get over it and grow the f&$% up.

go to a dealership...
look at the cars they are unloading from the haulers...gasp, they have rust on the rotors.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 AM
DirtyRed
Instructor

Rust on the rotors is normal. It is not a defect. All rotors will rust eventually, just a fact of life. WCC gave you MUCH LOVE.. be happy
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 AM
hornet7
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Rust

Wow, I don’t have to say a word; you all did it for me. When I purchased my Durastops the first thing I did was take them over to my local plating shop and had them Zinc plated. They're holding up just fine.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 AM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 931 Likes on 469 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

Sounds like WCC gave you more than you deserved. Stock rotors show rust everytime you wash the car, it's a fact of life. Don't blame WCC because you don't know this.

AND STOP YELLING!! It's annoying.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:25 AM
steveblonde
Drifting

WCC rocks, they have been nothing short of great in all my dealings with them, so much so i even paid them a visit when i was in LA 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by steveblonde
WCC rocks, they have been nothing short of great in all my dealings with them, so much so i even paid them a visit when i was in LA 2 weeks ago.
Similar experience with WCC. Good vendor! As has been stated numerous time, rotors rust. If you don't want rust, drive it and use your brakes! Zuti
(you'll usually get the staight scoop on this forum)
Old 07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Bounty Hunter 6
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Unfair assessment of the rotors. They are great rotors, you just need to make sure you have them zinc coated and/or apply 1200 degree clear paint to the hubs before installing just as you have to do to EVERY pair of rotors you buy for the C5 that are not zinc coated. I've bought a lot of things from WCC and only had positive experiences. This doesn't sound like a customer service problem at all, just a problem of not knowing the facts. I wouldn't have taken them back either. What's next, giant warning labels (re: warning "hot coffee" at McDonalds) on the rotors that warn consumers that these will rust unless treated?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I agree with the consensus that WCC went beyond what they had to. There is no guarantee they won't rust, did you ever look at your rotors after your car is washed? When I installed the GM/AC rotors I painted all exposed surfaces before installation with rotor paint. They have held up perfectly rust-wise. Now, I had a front rotor crack, but that's another issue.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:32 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuti
Similar experience with WCC. Good vendor! As has been stated numerous time, rotors rust. If you don't want rust, drive it and use your brakes! Zuti
(you'll usually get the staight scoop on this forum)
WCC is top notch!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

When you type in all caps - you are yelling....that's what you're being yelled at for! Also - IMHO, WCC did a very nice thing and demonstrated why they are considered one of the best vendors, by many around here.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware. Were you told that the rotors were zinc plated? Were you promised they wouldn't rust? I'm sure not. Next time do your research before pulling the trigger on the purchase. There have been tons of threads on replacement brake rotors here, try searching the archives and previous posts if you seek information on anything that you want to buy. Chances are very good that someone before you made a similar purchase. Good luck.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I've always gotten great service from WCC. I just purchased a 2006 Infiniti and the first time I drove it in the rain, the rotors got rust on them.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:38 AM
0bigGdaddy
Former Vendor

Sounds like West Coast went over and beyond what they needed to do to keep a customer happy. unfortunately, you're now slamming them because you have no knowledge of the procuct that you purchased . Sounds like you may not be a customer that West Coast needs. I know the items I purchased from them came as advertised and I'm extremely pleased with thier products.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Jammer
Race Director

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by rudolph schenker
WCC is top notch!!
I have always had good service from wcc...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:52 AM
bsmith
Team Owner

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

waiting for rickeymoore1 to reply...

Get notified of new replies

To west coast corvette

Old 07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Land Jet
Drifting

Default Rust On The Rotors?!?!?!?!

What the freak!?!?!?!? How dare they give you rotors that rusted!!! If I were you, I would call the better business bureau right now!! That is some serious
Old 07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Sorry for your issue, but the confusion that caused that is all rotors rust - unless they are zinc washed, and even then there can be some spot rusting.

Baer rotors are zinc washed (as are some other manufactures). Many of us on the Forum use them.

Hope that your resolution is acceptable in the long term.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 PM
DBRASUE
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make SPELL CHECK part of your daily routine...please!

Quick Reply: west coast corvette