Sponsored by:

[Z06] Car cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Car cover

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but one Z06 guy to another, I want a nice THICK car cover for the Z06. It's shares the garage with the wife's car and I just know, the days going to come when I find a door ding from her Honda and then I would be looking for a new wife (just kidding)(maybe not). Any suggestions? I would like to have the Z06 or Corvette logo on it too. Anyone out there have something like this?
Thanks
Dave
Old 06-27-2006, 05:55 PM
miami993c297
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

When the Z doesn't move, this thin cover goes on, I found it at Heckler's : grey flanel premium :
-Item# 43899
In Stock Usually Ships In 48-72 Hours
$129.99 ea.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Andy64
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mean to hijack this thread ... this Z is my first Vette, so I dont have much previous experience with them ... but its my impression you can't "ding" the fiberglass unless its hit hard enough in which case it would crack, so I would think your worries would be limited to scratches or paint chips (annoying nonetheless). I would think any cover should be adequate protection. My concern with using a cover would be the likelihood it will scratch the paint itself if the car isn't clean (especially on dark color cars). Anyone ... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Covert 405
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.corvettegarage.com/produc...-corvette.html

I ordered this one before I even got my Z (yesterday). Not sure how it will stack up but I have to keep her outside for a couple of weeks before it moves into my garage. Anyone have experience with this cover?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:46 PM
FussBudget
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but one Z06 guy to another, I want a nice THICK car cover for the Z06. It's shares the garage with the wife's car and I just know, the days going to come when I find a door ding from her Honda and then I would be looking for a new wife (just kidding)(maybe not). Any suggestions? I would like to have the Z06 or Corvette logo on it too. Anyone out there have something like this?
Thanks
Dave
Please don't flame me for my ignorance, but I read somewhere that the down side of covers is that there is inevitably dirt that can adhere to the cover which can scratch your paint as you pull it on and off.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best cover for keeping a car outside, IMHO, is one made of NOAH fabric. I have a Wolfe car cover made of NOAH for the Z06 and it works well, in the garage or outside. As for your wife dinging your Vette with a car door, go to the local auto parts store and pick up some of those rubber bumpers that you put onto car door edges. As for other objects, the NOAH cover is pretty heavy weight fabric and does a good job with minor bumps and accidental touchings. Nothing will protect it from someone throwing a brick or swinging a baseball bat or the like.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by madmanjim
Please don't flame me for my ignorance, but I read somewhere that the down side of covers is that there is inevitably dirt that can adhere to the cover which can scratch your paint as you pull it on and off.
Actually, you are right. You should not put a car cover onto a dirty car. You'll scratch the paint. And if your car cover gets dirty, clean it per manufacturer instructions. When putting a cover on or taking it off, try to avoid dragging it over the surface of the car or rubbing it on the paint. Lift it, fold it, lift it off. Or better yet, have someone help you take it off and fold it off the car. Same with putting it on (to a clean car only).
Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Z06 KOS
Racer

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Actually, you are right. You should not put a car cover onto a dirty car. You'll scratch the paint. And if your car cover gets dirty, clean it per manufacturer instructions. When putting a cover on or taking it off, try to avoid dragging it over the surface of the car or rubbing it on the paint. Lift it, fold it, lift it off. Or better yet, have someone help you take it off and fold it off the car. Same with putting it on (to a clean car only).
I use the Superweave cover from California Car cover.

After I get home from driving, I dust it off with the Car Duster, wipe the rocks and stones from the sides of the tires than put the car cover on slowly...so far so good, not a scratch.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
slong
Melting Slicks

Storm Guard or Storm Shield is a great cover. Cover is silver which provides excellent UV reflection and they are almost water proof. Made of polyester material and you can get them lined or not. Mine is unlined and I have had know issues. I also have had one on my truck for two years which sits outside 24-7 with no issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Car cover

Quick Reply: [Z06] Car cover