Sponsored by:

Car Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:22 AM
bobbys222003
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Alarm

I am looking too put a alarm on my c5 and I want the very best, what kind of alarm does everyone recomend,,, money is no object!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:41 AM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbys222003
I am looking too put a alarm on my c5 and I want the very best, what kind of alarm does everyone recomend,,, money is no object!!!
I have a VIPER 5000. It is a paging alarm. I had the option inferred installed. It gives warning with a beep on the pager and on the vehicle itself, if someone gets to close or reaches inside the vehicle. Upon second attempt the alarm sounds off on the pager and vehicle. On the paging screen it shows where the point of entry or glass breakage is occurring. Also you can add other features to it...i.e. lower and raise windows, vehicle start.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 AM
DanielW
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08

I have Clifford Matrix two way paging alarm. It's made by DEI, which is the same company as the Viper. Both are good alarms.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

If service is available in your area I hear great things about Lojak
Old 04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RockyL32
If service is available in your area I hear great things about Lojak
Doesn't Lojak have a monthly service charge? Doesn't matter I guess to the member, becuase he said price is no problem.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:10 PM
thug29
Pro

Check out REVELCO...you can't beat it !!!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 323 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Trunk Monkey theft retrieval system!

http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/
Old 04-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 2k2C5
Trunk Monkey theft retrieval system!

http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/
lol
Old 04-19-2006, 12:46 AM
airjohn
Cruising

Default Two Way Paging Alarm

I have a Scytek 2-Way paging alarm system. Standard stuff such as motion, glass breakage, etc. Added a digital level sensor that resets level wherever you park regardless of incline. That becomes the base reference and if the car is tilted (jacked to steal wheels or inclined to tow away on flatbed) that sets off the alarm. Augmented battery source so disconnecting car battery will not shut it off. In addition an anti-hijack module was added so if your engine is running at 2000 rpm or less, in neutral or park and step on the brake and open the door (simulating someone hijacking you at gun point) then the timer begins. In 60 seconds the ignition will start pulsing reminding you if you accidentally did this to enter your PIN in the installed keypad. If you don't then in 60 more seconds the ignition will cut out and the car will be disabled. Therefore the hijacker will only get 2 minutes away from where he started and the odds of you getting your car back is quite high.

Cost $600 installed works outstanding.

John
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 AM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by airjohn
I have a Scytek 2-Way paging alarm system. Standard stuff such as motion, glass breakage, etc. Added a digital level sensor that resets level wherever you park regardless of incline. That becomes the base reference and if the car is tilted (jacked to steal wheels or inclined to tow away on flatbed) that sets off the alarm. Augmented battery source so disconnecting car battery will not shut it off. In addition an anti-hijack module was added so if your engine is running at 2000 rpm or less, in neutral or park and step on the brake and open the door (simulating someone hijacking you at gun point) then the timer begins. In 60 seconds the ignition will start pulsing reminding you if you accidentally did this to enter your PIN in the installed keypad. If you don't then in 60 more seconds the ignition will cut out and the car will be disabled. Therefore the hijacker will only get 2 minutes away from where he started and the odds of you getting your car back is quite high.

John
Outstanding
Old 04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Shangreer
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How much was the clifford install? I check on one at Cartoys yesterdaya and the alarm was $399 plus $600 for the install. They said install on the C5s is a pain because they have to get into the doors, run new wiring for the locks, etc. Does this sound fishy? Maybe they just did not want to do it.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 AM
MackIII
Pro

I have the Auto Page Alarm system has all the bells and whistles (remote start, interior and exterior protection, glass break warning, anti-car jacking, a paging option, and has the LCD remote key fob that shows you what is going on with your car)
as the Viper and the Scytek. I was told by 2 stores that carried the Auto Page and some of the others, that Auto Page was the best in that it transmits and receives RF differently than most of the others and they rarely have problems with that system.

Now having said that I had never heard of the Scytek Alarms but would like to know from the member who posted about it.......Was that digital leveling sensor an after market option for that alarm or was it an OEM option? I would like to add that feature to mine

Well just when you think you saw it all I did a search and look what I found They now can take a thief's picture and send it to you
http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/us...ISIONGUARD6000

Last edited by MackIII; 04-19-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:57 AM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MackIII
I have the Auto Page Alarm system has all the bells and whistles (remote start, interior and exterior protection, glass break warning, anti-car jacking, a paging option, and has the LCD remote key fob that shows you what is going on with your car)
as the Viper and the Scytek. I was told by 2 stores that carried the Auto Page and some of the others, that Auto Page was the best in that it transmits and receives RF differently than most of the others and they rarely have problems with that system.

Now having said that I had never heard of the Scytek Alarms but would like to know from the member who posted about it.......Was that digital leveling sensor an after market option for that alarm or was it an OEM option? I would like to add that feature to mine

Well just when you think you saw it all I did a search and look what I found They now can take a thief's picture and send it to you
http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/us...ISIONGUARD6000
WOW!! that is some hi-tech stuff there...happy with my Viper
Old 04-19-2006, 08:19 AM
DanielW
Race Director

Originally Posted by airjohn

John
all that for 600 installed???? I payed 500 to for my clifford with installation. and it doesn't have half the options you listed.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:22 AM
DanielW
Race Director

Originally Posted by Shangreer
How much was the clifford install? I check on one at Cartoys yesterdaya and the alarm was $399 plus $600 for the install. They said install on the C5s is a pain because they have to get into the doors, run new wiring for the locks, etc. Does this sound fishy? Maybe they just did not want to do it.

the authorised clifford dealer i went to charged me 300 for the install and 200 for the alarm. He told me he'd lower the price of the alarm on the invoice and raise the price of the labor so i won't have to pay as much for taxes. the original price of the alarm was 300 and he quoted me 200 for labor.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM
TT LS2
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give Erin a call at Corvettes of Houston if you are interested in the Lo-Jack System, oh and uh FYI there is no monthy fee for LO-JACK

(800)829-6434 www.corvettesofhouston.com

Dustyn
Corvettes of Houston
parts dept.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
BobbyG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Probably me sitting in the passanger seat with my 45ACP....

Or you could look at the VIPER 5000..

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Car Alarm

Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 AM
ctrlbrk
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I want a "remote start" to cool the car down in the parking lot 5-10 minutes before I get in, but am concerned about compatibility with the Corvette's electronics and keyless system.

Should I be?
Old 04-29-2006, 12:21 PM
MackIII
Pro

Originally Posted by ctrlbrk
I want a "remote start" to cool the car down in the parking lot 5-10 minutes before I get in, but am concerned about compatibility with the Corvette's electronics and keyless system.

Should I be?
My advise would be to get a GOOD one and not a cheap one. I have had this option on my last 2 vettes and have not had any problems. It should monitor things like over revving, over cranking, engine temp etc.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Dei

Anything made by DEI (directed), ie the viper, hornet, clifford, avital, ungo, the list goes on. As far as bypassing factory security, go to a good install bay. Any type of security can be bypassed but the installer can make a big difference in how well it works.

Quick Reply: Car Alarm