Sponsored by:

Need Corvette shipped from FL to Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:33 PM
dennis1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Corvette shipped from FL to Iowa

I tied the seach area but I can't find anything. I know I have seen companies that ship cars listed here but I can't find them with the search engine. Who has had one shipped with what company and was evething OK?

Thanks,

Dennis
Old 02-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Chief777
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The only company I would use is Horseless Carrige. They shipped my car from FL to Seattle and it was flawless. They are a little expensive, but in auto shipping you get what you pay for. They use a fully enclosed trailer and do the shipping for mainly high end cars. My vette rode up with a ferrari and a lotus.

The nice thing about HC is that the enclosed hauler picks up your car and drops it off. Most of the time it never moves. With many other companies, they will pick up your car with a flatbed and then reload onto the hauler. Oe it gets close to the destination, they will again use a flatbed to deliver it. The more they move it, of course, the greater chance that they damage it.

Whatever you do, dont use dependable auto shippers. They shipped a camaro for me and damaged the car and refused to pay for it. I have heard more horro stories about them than you want to know.

Hope this helps. PM me if I can answer anything else.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:25 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 549 Likes on 337 Posts

i have used exotic car transport out of orlando, fl. a few times. FIRST class operation. they carried my o4 vert from chi-town last february with the top down!!!! nothing but the best care/equipment and the other cars in the trailer have always been red horses, lambo's or little german boys. i will use them again!!!

good luck
Old 02-04-2006, 03:47 PM
orangeman49
Advanced

Don't use DAS. MY motorcycle arrived 2 weeks past due with no explanation,apology, or refund.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Drive it and enjoy it
Old 02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Sully C5
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
i have used exotic car transport out of orlando, fl. a few times. FIRST class operation. they carried my o4 vert from chi-town last february with the top down!!!! nothing but the best care/equipment and the other cars in the trailer have always been red horses, lambo's or little german boys. i will use them again!!!

good luck
First Class. They are transported my car 4 times. I highly recommend them. www.exoticcartransport.com
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
RTSVET
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Zilla
Drive it and enjoy it
Old 02-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Vette79USMC
Intermediate

Do Not Use AAA Automovers! It's a long story...
Old 02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
JackTsDBG
Racer

I've used both Intercity and Exotic Car Transport - either comes to your house/business/dealer with a hauler, inspects and loads your car, and delivers it just it left you. Neither is cheap, but both are 1st class operations.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
MagRed04C5
Instructor

I am not working......I will get it there for you.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette79USMC
Do Not Use AAA Automovers! It's a long story...
I was videotaping the delivery of my 1969 Camaro big block and when the driver went to back the car off the truck, his foot slipped off the brake and it rolled UNDER the car that was above it. A new cowl induction hood, paint, front cowl............and I have the video to watch over and over again. The car was just freshly painted Daytona Yellow when he picked it up. AAA contracts out their work to drivers with a hauler. I was so sick watching what happened, I ............
Old 02-04-2006, 06:03 PM
adolph
Le Mans Master

I assume they paid to fix the camaro?
Old 02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
ptj851
Racer

Save yourself a few bucks - call George Davis at Minuteman Transport in Polk City/Lakeland, FL. He's a personal friend and hauled (enclosed) four cars for me after my move from Orlando, FL. EXCELLENT CARRIER and considerably less than Exotic Cars in Orlando.
Minuteman Transport - 800-780-1351
Don't let the name mislead you - he ONLY hauls cars and is a classic car owner/enthusiast himself - that's the reason he got into the business -couldn't find anyone he trusted to haul for him.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:40 PM
vette99coupe
Burning Brakes

We also used exotic car transport from FL to PA for our 99 coupe. They were great...fast delivery, no problems, dropped it off at front door.

Highly recommend.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:20 PM
JCFILM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JackTsDBG
I've used Exotic Car Transport - either comes to your house/business/dealer with a hauler, inspects and loads your car, and delivers it just it left you. Neither is cheap, but both are 1st class operations.

I used the Exotic car transport service (enclosed hauler).

Jeff
Old 02-04-2006, 07:22 PM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Intercity Lines. They moved my car from BOS to ATL flawlessly. They are the tranport sponsor of Barrett-Jackson.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Atascadero_Kid
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joel Forman
I like Intercity Lines. They moved my car from BOS to ATL flawlessly. They are the tranport sponsor of Barrett-Jackson.

I used them to transport a Jag from Florida to California, and the whole process was easy and flawless. All enclosed trailer, and a crew that knows what they are doing. we had constant communication from them thruout the whole journey. And the price was not unreasonable either.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Corvette shipped from FL to Iowa

Old 02-05-2006, 12:01 AM
LVMischief
Heel & Toe

AVOID DAS at ALL costs. They shipped a vehicle cross country for me. It arrived in Las Vegas, left it in a dirt lot over the weekend without ever contacting me. It was fresh off a $9K paint job and when it was finally delivered hat "pit" marks in the paint from being manuevered around their lot. Long stoty and I got hosed!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:49 AM
edensknight
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azmusclecar
I was videotaping the delivery of my 1969 Camaro big block and when the driver went to back the car off the truck, his foot slipped off the brake and it rolled UNDER the car that was above it. A new cowl induction hood, paint, front cowl............and I have the video to watch over and over again. The car was just freshly painted Daytona Yellow when he picked it up. AAA contracts out their work to drivers with a hauler. I was so sick watching what happened, I ............
Holy Freck!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
speedwaywhite
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I may be going to Iowa in Late March, I have a 24' enclosed that I transported my 05 coupe down with in Nov. My car won't go back to Iowa until May but I need to go to Iowa on business in March.Maybe we can work something out. I am on the Gulf Coast. Where in Fl. is the car and what part of Iowa is it going to?

Quick Reply: Need Corvette shipped from FL to Iowa