Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Can a full size wheel/tire fit in Z06 trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 03:49 AM
skeet
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can a full size wheel/tire fit in Z06 trunk?

With the great distances out west here in AZ and the hard to find Z06 tire sizes I want to travel with a full size spare. Does anyone know for sure if a full size 10.5" wheel with tire will fit into our Z06 trunk?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've put two rear tires unmounted in there - had to go in from the passenger compartment... I don't think you'd have any luck fitting a mounted 10.5 in there and at any rate I'm not sure how you would secure it. The unmounted tires had to be pushed under the rear window area and barely fit at that.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Might be able to if you took out your passenger seat.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:53 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Good question??? I have a long road trip, well one of 200 miles to Jackson and one to NJ and I need my dragg radials and I was hoping I could fit them in the back. Anyone?????
Dave
Old 10-20-2005, 09:38 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

if taking no passengers, pull the pass. seat out and turn off the bag; the seat takes 3 minutes to remove and weighs very little; this may be a little radical for some, but i've done this when picking up wheels/tires in past vettes
Old 10-20-2005, 10:25 AM
dwjz06
Dogface

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 120 Likes on 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15, '17

Originally Posted by chiefDave
Good question??? I have a long road trip, well one of 200 miles to Jackson and one to NJ and I need my dragg radials and I was hoping I could fit them in the back. Anyone?????
Dave
Better have a friend follow you chief. You will have to do the seat out thing or put one in the seat next to you. I put some unmounted tires in mine once 285/40/17's for a friend of mine, and just did get them in the car. Good Luck!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:02 AM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefDave
Dave
One in the back through the pasenger side door and one on the passenger seat. Although I prefer to remove the seat, only 4 bolts hold it in, you can have it out in less than 3 minutes.

You guys need to see how Jason does it, hell he drove from NJ to central PA with slicks and skinnies in his FRC....

also, remember, your car comes with a compressor, you can deflate the tires for transport....
Old 10-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

I fit 2 front Z06rims w/ ET Streets mounted & inflated in the rear. Fold the front seat forward & slide it all the way forward.
Put in thru the pass. door the 1st rim/tire. Go around & pull it towards the rear from the trunk & slid it over to 1 side. Go back to the pass. door & put in the 2nd rim/tire. Again, go around & pull it towards the back from the trunk. Fold the seat back & you've got 2 rims/tires in the rear of the car. No need to remove the seat or ruin it w/ a tire on it. You can put smaller items in 1st under the rims/tires as well (ie:Jack,chain,tools,etc.)
Ron
Old 10-28-2005, 11:21 AM
dennis1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a Z06 coming out of a Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) event at BMW in Spartanburg, SC with some other SCCA 2 seater cars and several of the cars including the Z06 had a factory looking TRAILER hitch installed with a heavy duty expanded metal frame/basket looking affair about 4 feet square and several feet high with their track tires in the basket that hooked into the Trailer Hitch like you see on some SUV's where the SUV's have a big cooler or two in the basket. All the weight was carried by the trailer hitch and the basket had no wheels.

Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To Can a full size wheel/tire fit in Z06 trunk?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Can a full size wheel/tire fit in Z06 trunk?