Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Time for new tires

Old 08-11-2005, 06:03 PM
CanesZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for new tires

I'm thinking about either going with the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval, or the Toyo Proxes T1 R. Does anybody have any info or is anybody using theses tires. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Wide Ovals here. I like them alot! They grip well on the track and work great on the street. I do alot of racing so the price is nice as well.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:30 PM
1FunZ06
Burning Brakes

My first set after the GY F1's (downright dangerous in the rain) were Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires. They were a big improvement and less expensive but only got 18K miles on them. I never burn the tires but do like to accelerate once in awhile.... OK a lot.

Then I tried the Toyo Proxies. They have a better wear rating then either of the others and seem to be wearing much better. I have 15K on them. The fronts look like new and the rears may have another 10K left on them. They ride nice too.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:13 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CanesZ06
I'm thinking about either going with the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval, or the Toyo Proxes T1 R. Does anybody have any info or is anybody using theses tires. Thanks.
I like the Proxies. Good wear, great ride and probably the best wet traction tire out there. Toyo has come out with the Toyo T1R I believe it's called. You might want to research that one. Looks nice. Not cheap either
Some guys are liking the Mich PS2 tires.

Good Luck in your search!

Old 08-15-2005, 02:03 PM
CAPTKEN28
Racer

Originally Posted by stano
I like the Proxies. Good wear, great ride and probably the best wet traction tire out there. Toyo has come out with the Toyo T1R I believe it's called. You might want to research that one. Looks nice. Not cheap either
Some guys are liking the Mich PS2 tires.

Good Luck in your search!

I got the wide ovals....and for the price they are the best bang for the buck...

Make sure u print out tire racks price...then go to any firestone dealer and they will match it..plus you save shipping!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Brian Laser S4

I have Toyo T1R's coming in tomorow, will advise once I get them mounted up.

Brian
Old 08-15-2005, 03:54 PM
MrHiPerf
Racer

Default I bought T1-R's !

Hi Cane, This is actually my first post here. I just bought an '01 Z06 with 17k+ miles on it and the Goodyears were shot to heck. They were a rough *** ride, too. Being that I plan to drive, drive, and drive some more in all conditions, I wanted something that would be good in wet too. T1 S's looked pretty tempting, but I lucked out and got a SUPER DEAL at Treadepot.com! Matt was great and hooked me up with 295/35-18 backs and 265/40-17 fronts for $854.05 shipped to my door!
Local shop mounted and balanced them on a 35K balancing machine for another $160.00. The T1-R's are awesome. Quiet, softer ride (noticeably!) and they inspire confidence that I can go anywhere, any time. I love 'em and they look great, too!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:59 PM
RiceEater Z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the new falken azenis rt-615s recently. They are great, especially if you are an autocrosser, super sticky. They wont last too long (hoping to get about 15k from them) but if grip is an important factor, its worth the lesser mileage.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
GRAYVETTE
Advanced

Installed the Firestones on my Z06 about two months ago. They work well in the rain and seem to hang on fine in every day street driving. They definately track better than the original Goodyears. A lot less trough wander and less brake pull when you are stopping on worn surfaces. Also less noise and a little better ride. I also installed pressure sensors when I changed tires. Got the sensors and retaining nuts from Fred Beans. The guy changing the tires installed the sensors and the local Chevy dealer re-programmed the ECM or whatever Chevy calls it. They work perfectly and believe me I am a lot more comfortable with the sensors there. About a month after the tires were changed and the sensors installed I detected a slow leak in the right rear tire. About a pound a day. We found a screw in the tire, removed the screw and repaired the tire. No big deal. I thank the sensors for that.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:22 PM
MOL
Advanced

I used to have Toyos. Now I have the Firehawks, and like them better. Probably because the Toyos were on and slightly used when I got the car. I would go for the Firehawks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Time for new tires

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Time for new tires