Sponsored by:

[Z06] New Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Doooom03
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mods

Hey whatsup, today i just installed with my friend my new Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor which gave me about 20 rwhp according to the box. My acceleration is so much quicker now. I get to 3000 rpms so easily, just in normal accelartion. I also have the Granatelli Cold Air Intake System as well so the combination of the 2 is fantastic. The reason i went with Granatelli is because a Chevrolet tech had told me that Granatelli is the way to go with the vettes. I was just wondering, if anyone has used the throttle body booster. I saw it in mid-americas magazine and it is $50.00 and says it adds 13hp. It is a plastic piece that slips into your throttle body. Here is the word for word description. The Throttle Body Air Flow Booster pumps in more horse power and torque per dollar than any part in the aftermarket industry! Just as the name implies, this unit will boost your c5's performance througout the entire RPM range by reducing air turbulence for unrestricted(increased) air flow. Installs in minutes with just a flat head screwdriver. Improves throttle response, improves gas mileage, improves acceleration, boosts intake air flow. Thats what it says. Do you all believe it improves hp like it says?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:36 PM
itchynackers
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I've heard nothing but bad things about the MAF sensor.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Doooom03
Intermediate

Well your wrong, mine works great, i have about 450+ horsepower just buy upgrading my air system with Granatelli.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 PM
AOC
Racer

St. Jude Contributor '04

Originally Posted by itchynackers
Yup, same here.

But if it works for you, more power to you.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Doooom03
Intermediate

What About the Granatelli Mass air flow sensor have you hurd that is bad, just curious.

Last edited by Doooom03; 07-11-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM
AOC
Racer

St. Jude Contributor '04

I was LS1.com engine moderator for very long time and I've seen many people complain about Granatelli Mass air flow sensor, like, after the installation, engine isn't running right, knocking, losing time on the track, even after AFR adjustments.

But there has been many who were happy with it, so it's like hit and miss.

Also, stock MAF Sensors are good up to 500 rwhp, so to me, it is waste of money, I certainly won't be messing with MAF Sensor anytime soon.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Doooom03
Intermediate

Thanks for the info, but i have a LS6 not a LS1. And if the mass air flow sensor didnt work right i would just send it back to get a refund.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:51 PM
RPO_Z06
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by itchynackers
However, I also heard they had so many returns they did something different with the later units.
Its good to hear they aren't still expensive paper wieghts.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:54 PM
mattslightning
Instructor

i currently have a ls1 car with a cam and other bolt ons and i can tell you that with an aftermarket mass air it is very hard to tune and if you tune the car you can basically tell the mass air what to think so pretty much they are a waste of money kind of hard to bite but the truth
Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Doooom03
Intermediate

Ok, i posted this thread asking about a vararam velocity stack which is $50.00. I was just telling you guys about my new Granatelli Mass Air Flow sensor. That was $350.00 which increases the cfm on my (z06) key word z06 which means ls6 not ls1 from 540 to 640 cfm. It is not a waste of money, it showed an increases of 22rwhp, and i have the updated version of granatellis mass air flow sensor not the older one. Still no one has answered my question about the vararam velocity stack which instead of saying that i just said the throttle body booster. So I would appreciate it if you guys would stop trying to put down my new mod and just help me out with this other mod that im trying to find out if it works well or not. thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 AM
08msmZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doooom03
Ok, i posted this thread asking about a vararam velocity stack which is $50.00. I was just telling you guys about my new Granatelli Mass Air Flow sensor. That was $350.00 which increases the cfm on my (z06) key word z06 which means ls6 not ls1 from 540 to 640 cfm. It is not a waste of money, it showed an increases of 22rwhp, and i have the updated version of granatellis mass air flow sensor not the older one. Still no one has answered my question about the vararam velocity stack which instead of saying that i just said the throttle body booster. So I would appreciate it if you guys would stop trying to put down my new mod and just help me out with this other mod that im trying to find out if it works well or not. thanks
Tough crowd...guess they don't like the MAF sensor...
Old 07-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

You sound like a Granatelli employee hocking his goods.... they've gotten bad reviews on here. **** if you total up all the HP from one page in a ecklers or mid america catalogue of little rinky dink things you'd have 700 hp bolt on cars The stock MAF is fine for the car and the new one won't get you squat. Stick the the basics... CAI, Headers, & Tuning.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:20 AM
DWS'03Z
Racer

while I have no personal experience with the vararam velocity stack, I would be very skeptical of the stated power gains as a single mod......many of the bolt-on power improvement claims are often the result of doing in tandem with other mods....

induction, exhaust, and valvetrain will give you real power improvements...

enjoy the Z!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:25 AM
AOC
Racer

St. Jude Contributor '04

Thanks for the info, but i have a LS6 not a LS1.
LS6 isn't completely different engine. LS6 is just a derievative of LS1, the only major differences are Heads and cam.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 AM
t56gen3
Burning Brakes

Wow, I'm having a hard time believing this guy isn't just stirring it up....
Old 07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
urbanski
Instructor

22HP with a MAF?
got the dyno sheets?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM
mattslightning
Instructor

the ls6 is pretty much the same motor the parts will for the most part interchange just different comression, heads, cam, and bore no one is trying to knock your new mod but they are just giving you information on your new mod which you did not research very much before you bought so do not get mad at everyone that is igiving information i just spent $250 and got my car tuned and saved $100 more than likely will see a better result over buying a a mass air and bolting it on the only tip i can give you and from experience is do your homework before you spend your money

Get notified of new replies

To New Mods

Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
AOC
Racer

St. Jude Contributor '04

Matt,

Do you work with Adrenaline Motorsports in St. Peters MO?

Your screen name is identical to some one I know. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

I remember a independent dyno of the Vararam velocity stack and in reallity it only gave a couple hp. I am a big fan of Vararam CAI's and run one, but imo, the velocity stack isn't worth the money, and I passed it up when we did a group purchase. My opinion on the stock Z06 maf, it's fine. It's been known for awhile that after market mafs are troublesome and no real gains are seen, but if your happy that's all that matters.
Robert
Old 07-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Z06 Aldo
Advanced

Dooooooooom,
You asked for an opinion about an item, then you get upset because some of the opinions you hear are not of your opinion.
I believe you are not really looking for an opinion. What I believe you are seeking is affirmation and acknowledgement of a mod you did to boost and feed your Ego.
If you ask others for an opinion then be prepared to hear ALL opinions, not just the ones you agree with. And stop being so damn sensative.
Have a lovely day

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Mods