Vert trunk divider

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:18 PM
dshriver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vert trunk divider

Hello everyone,

I'm tired of everything in the trunk of my 01 vert rolling to the front everytime I stop. So I'm looking to get a trunk divider. I know Eckler's has one but its all black. I'd rather have one that matches my oak interior. Any suggestions?

Clear Skies,
Dave in Ohio
Old 07-08-2005, 08:22 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

I got mine from PFYC.......not too happy with fit.......I would suggest passing on them.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:12 PM
berryj
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's what you are looking for. He's a CF member and sells these in your color. Here's the link:

http://www.exoticvette.com/Exotic%20Vette/partition.htm
Old 07-08-2005, 09:34 PM
99vert
Instructor

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

[QUOTE=berryj]here's what you are looking for. He's a CF member and sells these in your color. Here's the link:

I saw a few of these at the cruise in. Great fit and finish. I want one myself.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:01 PM
HughnHouston
Intermediate

Originally Posted by berryj
here's what you are looking for. He's a CF member and sells these in your color. Here's the link:

I'm in the market for this item. What's the difference between the CF member's and the Corvette Forum Store (other than cost). Are they similar in shape, etc?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Dr. Dan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Got mine dual sided in Lt. Oak. Nicely done.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
vetteart
Instructor

Got mine from PFYC.com and it works great.
Installs from the trunk side to fit right

Only comes in black though.

ExoticVette has them in oak for a little more money but if you have oak interior you should go with oak.

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Vettman 1
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what oak looks like from ExoticVette
Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

We have vert partitions available as well. We are the only maker that has the OEM shale available too.

www.corvettepartitions.com

Old 07-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Trunk Partition

Originally Posted by bmathews
We have vert partitions available as well. We are the only maker that has the OEM shale available too.

www.corvettepartitions.com

======================================== ===========
Brian, not trying to embarrass you but here goes....

OK...OK....been waiting to post here on the forum again... its been a long time...haven't posted since my 10,000th post but I have been lurking a lot ...its now time to jump in and tell you about my experience/opinion ,with/on trunk partitions.....

I have a 2004 Convertible and I have heard all kinds of stories about all the different partitions people are making and some people are happy with them and some are not...not knocking anyone or their partitions!...but a multitude of people keep asking where to get a really good partition especially for a convertible....Well here is my little secret...until the word spreads like wildfire...

I just received my partition from Brian Matthews at corvettepartitions.com and I swear to "you know who" ...that it is the most wonderful partition I have seen so far...Brian put the red acrylic oval and the Corvette emblem on my partition and it is just simply the best I have ever seen.....and mine is made of polyurethene covered with carpet.......it is a one piece unit(curved at the bottom so it doesn't interfere with the large panel/ compartment), it fits perfect and stays in place and I wouldn't sell it for all the tea in China(unless Brian sent me another one identical)

I keep opening the trunk a lot just to look at it and when my wife saw it she said..."ok little mister...you better not have spent over $500 for that"......and thats exactly what she said...swear to "you know who"

And please don't call on my saying it is the best one out there because I don't have a pic of it...sory :o

BTW...no one has asked me to promote this partition...just thought I would give you the skinny on the most wonderful partition out there so far(again my opinion)..."swear to GOD !"...

Last edited by Yello95; 07-19-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:34 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yello95
======================================== ===========
Brian, not trying to embarrass you but here goes....

OK...OK....been waiting to post here on the forum again... its been a long time...haven't posted since my 10,000th post but I have been lurking a lot ...its now time to jump in and tell you about my experience/opinion ,with/on trunk partitions.....

I have a 2004 Convertible and I have heard all kinds of stories about all the different partitions people are making and some people are happy with them and some are not...not knocking anyone or their partitions!...but a multitude of people keep asking where to get a really good partition especially for a convertible....Well here is my little secret...until the word spreads like wildfire...

I just received my partition from Brian Matthews at corvettepartitions.com and I swear to "you know who" ...that it is the most wonderful partition I have seen so far...Brian put the red acrylic oval and the Corvette emblem on my partition and it is just simply the best I have ever seen.....and mine is made of polyurethene covered with carpet.......it is a one piece unit(curved at the bottom so it doesn't interfere with the large panel/ compartment), it fits perfect and stays in place and I wouldn't sell it for all the tea in China(unless Brian sent me another one identical)

I keep opening the trunk a lot just to look at it and when my wife saw it she said..."ok little mister...you better not have spent over $500 for that"......and thats exactly what she said...swear to "you know who"

And please don't call on my saying it is the best one out there because I don't have a pic of it...sory :o

BTW...no one has asked me to promote this partition...just thought I would give you the skinny on the most wonderful partition out there so far(again my opinion)..."swear to GOD !"...

Thanks for the kind words. I was wondering if it made it out to you or not. I mailed it before my vacation and hoped the workers didn't beat it up too bad!! If you get some pics, shoot them my way for the website if you could-- I didn't have time even to take some myself. Thats an original (one of a kind) vert partition and I'm glad your happy with how it turned out for you!!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 AM
boatboatboat
Drifting

Brian is the partiton strong enough that a typical 6 1/2 speaker designed for open air play, could be mounted in the partition, and pointed towards the front of the car?

Would you do a "sale" on these or some sort of a GP to stimulate sales?

With the Vert partition, does the top fold down, and lay between the partition and the seats?

thanx

Jim
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Z0SLIK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Vettman 1
That's a great look!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:49 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettman 1

Looks good
Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 AM
bradfordjr
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 07-19-2005, 08:04 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boatboatboat
Brian is the partiton strong enough that a typical 6 1/2 speaker designed for open air play, could be mounted in the partition, and pointed towards the front of the car?

Would you do a "sale" on these or some sort of a GP to stimulate sales?

With the Vert partition, does the top fold down, and lay between the partition and the seats?

thanx

Jim

Jim,
With the ABS unit, I would probably NOT mount a speaker to it, but if you like, I could quote you on a custom HDF unit that would allow for that instance. I am planning on running a GP soon on the standard ABS versions to stimulate sales, yes. and Yes again to the top folding down. For the Shale interiors-- we have OEM shale carpet partitions and are the only maker of these as well.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 AM
boatboatboat
Drifting

Brian since this is basicly a wall (in the vert) that is behind the area where the top folds down into to, does it act like a sound killer like the other partions that mount up by the waterfall? I would assume in a vert it would offer no sound dampening qualities, but then again, maybe it does, and you can tell us about that!

Get notified of new replies

To Vert trunk divider

Old 07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

I'm building custom sub 8" sub boxes and an amp panel in between the subs for a vert as well as Z06 & FRC's. The subs and amp panel will all work as a sound partition. As soon as I finish the prototypes, I'll cast a mold and then be able to fabricate several sets off my molds.

I've got about 35-40 hours in the 1st sub box fabrication. Keep in mind I've already mirrored all of the shapes etc, cut, rabbeted, beveled, sanded etc for the other side, so it'll go together much faster and easier. After it's complete, I'll make a two or maybe a three part mold off of the box so I can build a final box soley out of fiberglass (with an mdf mounting ring).

You can also see the new panel I fabricated for the rear speakers in some of the pics, it's sealed in a black paint right now. Both of the rear speaker panels are 98% complete. The 2nd sub box is next and then I can begin the amp rack panel fabrication.

Here are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about:

I've been sharing the details of my speaker and sub box panel fabrication progress in the audio forum, here are links to the threads with progress pics:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...18&forum_id=20

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...41&forum_id=20

It'll be several more months before I have any products for sale, but they're coming!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by bmathews
Thanks for the kind words. I was wondering if it made it out to you or not. I mailed it before my vacation and hoped the workers didn't beat it up too bad!! If you get some pics, shoot them my way for the website if you could-- I didn't have time even to take some myself. Thats an original (one of a kind) vert partition and I'm glad your happy with how it turned out for you!!
Just sent you an email.........maybe you should have signed it ....it could have been put in the Corvette Museum someday after I'm planted...
Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by boatboatboat
Brian since this is basicly a wall (in the vert) that is behind the area where the top folds down into to, does it act like a sound killer like the other partions that mount up by the waterfall? I would assume in a vert it would offer no sound dampening qualities, but then again, maybe it does, and you can tell us about that!

I can answer that one since I just put mine in ....... you assumed incorrect... ....it IS a sound dampener also

Quick Reply: Vert trunk divider