Sponsored by:

Clear bra for C5: much better than 3M clear bra

Old 05-07-2005, 01:09 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08
Default Clear bra for C5: much better than 3M clear bra

I want to introduce the better product than 3M Scotchgard clear bra: Enpro paint protection clear bra.
Here are a little comparison between the two:

Enpro:
1. Non clear-coat (the vinyl will not get scratched easily)
2. 100% Polyurethane does not scratch easily; resist yellowing
3. Higher puncture strength (21lbs)
4. Anti-corrosion adhesive
5. Lifetime warranty
6. Extra Tactifiers used to promote quicker adhesion
7. 200% Abrasion Resistance

3M
1. Clear coat (the vinyl will get scratched just like on the paint clear coat. That why 3M only guarantees for 5 years)
2. Clear Coat Scratches easily and cause rapid yellowing
3. Lower puncture strength (9lbs)
4. Standard adhesive
5. 5 year warranty
6. Standard adhesive; requires alcohol for adhesion
7. 100% Abrasion Resistance

The pricing will be around from $300 - $350 a full set which using 6 mil vinyl + 2 mil adhesive and 12 mil vinyl + 2.5 mil adhesive for headlights and fog lights.
The kits will be sold as a whole kit or separated kits.
I will try to video the whole installation process so you can do it yourself and save money.

Here are more info:
- No Fading: The clear 8 MIL urethane film contains UV inhibitors, preventing the film from yellowing but not causing untreated paint to fade at a different rate.
- Simplicity: One great benefit of paint Protection Film is that there are NO special care instructions¸it allows you to wash and wax your car like you normally do.
- Preserving Value: Just remove the film from the exterior of your vehicle when you are ready to sell or trade it in and your factory paint job will still look amazing, helping you collect maximum value.

The final price will release by Tuesday.
Thanks,
-Mike
***BTW, I will also carry 3M Scotchgard clear bra as well for the very much same price but I wanna sell best quality clear bra to CorvetteForum.

Last edited by Vette Stripes; 05-07-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,528 Likes on 521 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

sounds good.. might look into that
Old 05-07-2005, 01:13 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

How is this on Arctic White?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:15 PM
rickko
Drifting

Novice question, once applied to you wax these things or avoid waxing them?

..rickko..
Old 05-07-2005, 01:17 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rickko
Novice question, once applied to you wax these things or avoid waxing them?

..rickko..
One great benefit of paint Protection Film is that there are NO special care instructions¸it allows you to wash and wax your car like you normally do.
-Mike
Old 05-07-2005, 01:18 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Here are more info:
- No Fading: The clear 8 MIL urethane film contains UV inhibitors, preventing the film from yellowing but not causing untreated paint to fade at a different rate.
- Simplicity: One great benefit of paint Protection Film is that there are NO special care instructions¸it allows you to wash and wax your car like you normally do.
- Preserving Value: Just remove the film from the exterior of your vehicle when you are ready to sell or trade it in and your factory paint job will still look amazing, helping you collect maximum value.

Thanks,
-Mike
Old 05-07-2005, 01:24 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WKMCD
How is this on Arctic White?
It would be the same as other colors ... you would not see your Arctic White yellowing. If you are ready to order ... I can send you some samples and you can put it on your car.

My customer service is awsum y'all I will take care of y'all before or after buying the products and encourage y'all to install it yourself ...
If y'all mess it up, I will always sell the replacement at the cost. That way, y'all learn how to do it!

-Mike
Old 05-07-2005, 02:54 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by mike76002
It would be the same as other colors ... you would not see your Arctic White yellowing. If you are ready to order ... I can send you some samples and you can put it on your car.

My customer service is awsum y'all I will take care of y'all before or after buying the products and encourage y'all to install it yourself ...
If y'all mess it up, I will always sell the replacement at the cost. That way, y'all learn how to do it!

-Mike
Perhaps at some point in the future, you might want to appoint some installers. These could be customers throughout various states that have been successful with their own installations . I'm sure it would be a much more attractive purchase if somebody could do the installation for us. In my business I've applied several sets of vinyl graphics on aircraft, and I would assume the application of your product is somewhat similar ... am I correct?
Richard
Old 05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

i think that's a great idea. i'd be interested in that--not actually doing the install, but having someone who knew what the heck they were doing take care of it instead!

Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1
Perhaps at some point in the future, you might want to appoint some installers. These could be customers throughout various states that have been successful with their own installations . I'm sure it would be a much more attractive purchase if somebody could do the installation for us. In my business I've applied several sets of vinyl graphics on aircraft, and I would assume the application of your product is somewhat similar ... am I correct?
Richard
Old 05-07-2005, 04:09 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1
Richard
Hi,
If you bring it to certified installer, they they will charge you big bucks for installtion ...
You can bring it to any window tinting shop and they can install it for you for less than $150 ...
It just likes applying vinyl on anything using wet application.
I will sure have a video show y'all step by step how to do it include with a sample peice in every set to y'all can try it yourself.

The worst case that y'all can have local certified installer installs it for y'all.
Thanks,
-Mike
Old 05-07-2005, 05:22 PM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

I'm interested.......
Old 05-07-2005, 05:26 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Ok, just for you I'll test them for you, free of charge of course, and make a full report with 100s of pics and tips for the CF people. Just contact me ASAP and I'll get started.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 05:31 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by screw991le
Ok, just for you I'll test them for you, free of charge of course, and make a full report with 100s of pics and tips for the CF people. Just contact me ASAP and I'll get started.

Thanks
Thanks for your offer but I have a local C6 and C5 here ready for video the process of installation
-Mike
Old 05-07-2005, 05:32 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by mike76002
Thanks for your offer but I have a local C6 and C5 here ready for video the process of installation
-Mike

Ok, your very welcome. If you need a Northeast car to show off, I'd be more than glad to help.

On a serious note, if the price is right I'll be looking into a set.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Stock Man
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

How far up the hood will this kit go. And does it include the wheel well area too? Sounds great but one thing I can get the full 3M kit for $189 but if your going to be competitive with that price I would seriously consider.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:21 PM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Location: AKA Harvey Mushman-I know just enough to be dangerous "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"- B. Franklin
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

First you really have to work on some of our members. I did the whole 3M kit last year on my vert. I never did a job like this before. I watched the video and simply went from the flattest parts first (headlight doors) and worked my way to the hardest (mirrors). The job turned out excellent. Too many people think it is "professional installation only". Please no flames like "You cheap SOB, you bought a 50+K car and you're too cheap to have it done by a pro". I felt safer doing it myself as opposed to giving it to some kid that I don't know.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:45 AM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stock Man
How far up the hood will this kit go. And does it include the wheel well area too? Sounds great but one thing I can get the full 3M kit for $189 but if your going to be competitive with that price I would seriously consider.
Hi, please support me to support the forum ...
I am trying to be very competitive and will do more for our Vette like wheel well area too ...
I know many people likes 3M because 3M just likes Monster cables, it got advertised so much so many people's familiar with the name 3M.
I have seen local car with 3M clear bra and only for a year, it's already been yellowing out. My product will be 100% Polyurethane so it is much better than 3M.
For the hood, I can go as much as you want even the whole hood

Originally Posted by madeouttaglass
First you really have to work on some of our members. I did the whole 3M kit last year on my vert. I never did a job like this before. I watched the video and simply went from the flattest parts first (headlight doors) and worked my way to the hardest (mirrors). The job turned out excellent. Too many people think it is "professional installation only". Please no flames like "You cheap SOB, you bought a 50+K car and you're too cheap to have it done by a pro". I felt safer doing it myself as opposed to giving it to some kid that I don't know.
Do the headlights first, then do the hood, and move on to the bumper.

Thanks,
-Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Clear bra for C5: much better than 3M clear bra

Old 05-09-2005, 02:32 AM
vettey
Instructor

Your specs on the film sounds exactly like the venture film.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:11 AM
1subject70sheets
Racer

Is Enpro distributing or manufacturing the film? Is there a website for them?

BTW, film protection film is not a DIY product . I tried installing the bumper kit by myself and it ended up looking like crap, bubbles, stretch marks, etc. The Vette bumpers are especially challenging, had to have it profesionally redone.

I have the 3M film on my Vette for nearly three years, still no signs of yellowing. The clear coat is especially important since it makes the film and your car paint seem much more uniform. The 3M film looks great and not a single chip in the paint!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
2003vert
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested, let us know when you have final information.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear bra for C5: much better than 3M clear bra