Sponsored by:

Saw a poser Zo6 Vert at the park tonight

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:43 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Face

For those who think the badge "looks nice" , there's a simular looking badge out there but says "LS1" instead of "Z06". There's no need to be a poser.
Not that I'm aware of, but thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open for these 'simular' badges. Good thing you don't need to be too intelligent to get your badge.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said, to each their own...but to me putting a Z06 badge on your non-Z06 model is like peeling off the '600' from your motorcycle and putting on a '1000'. It's not a 1000. Or putting a 'Type R' emblem on your base Acura...I could go on. The Z06 badge is an indicator of a model variant, has nothing to do with the Z06 being exclusive (in my mind).

Regardless, drive what ya drive, love it, and if it's a vette I'm wavin' anyway!!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:19 PM
1BadMagVert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this Corvette Forum or Crochet Forum. What a bunch of wussies! If you want to put something on your car, then do it. If it's stupid to someone else, thats their problem anyway. If you make the payments its yours. Sure seems like some Z06 owners around, think they are better than us just PLAIN corvette owners. Hate to tell ya but your Z06 aint no better than any other corvette. I dont care how much more horsepower you got! I mean if you want to see who the real men are around here, lets drop our drawers and measure . I think EG might win that one though. . So for all you "I have a Z06 and its better than your normal C5" guys, I got something for ya...................................... .............................. .

And by the way, all us vert owners are the real men around here. I must be more of a man than you Z06 guys, my car cost more. And doesnt how much money you have really show your manhood?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:55 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by CB99Coupe
Is this Corvette Forum or Crochet Forum. What a bunch of wussies! If you want to put something on your car, then do it. If it's stupid to someone else, thats their problem anyway. If you make the payments its yours. Sure seems like some Z06 owners around, think they are better than us just PLAIN corvette owners. Hate to tell ya but your Z06 aint no better than any other corvette. I dont care how much more horsepower you got! I mean if you want to see who the real men are around here, lets drop our drawers and measure . I think EG might win that one though. . So for all you "I have a Z06 and its better than your normal C5" guys, I got something for ya...................................... .............................. .

And by the way, all us vert owners are the real men around here. I must be more of a man than you Z06 guys, my car cost more. And doesnt how much money you have really show your manhood?
I think you have some hang ups about Z owners. I don't think one person in this thread has said anything about them feeling better then a coupe owner. I use to own a coupe, not a damn thing wrong with them either. I just came across a great deal and was able to upgrade to a Z06.

This thread is about people putting a Z06 badge on a car that isn't a Z06.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 PM
1BadMagVert
Instructor

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
I think you have some hang ups about Z owners. I don't think one person in this thread has said anything about them feeling better then a coupe owner. I use to own a coupe, not a damn thing wrong with them either. I just came across a great deal and was able to upgrade to a Z06.

This thread is about people putting a Z06 badge on a car that isn't a Z06.
I dont have any hang ups at all. I guess you dont have much of a sense of humor. I did not say anybody said they were better. But think about what you just said "I just came across a great deal and was able to upgrade to a Z06." Doesnt that say you upgraded? Is'nt an upgrade a better version of anything? So it sounds like you got a Z06 and it is better than a plain vette. The point to this is what you do to your car is your own dang bus. If you want to put spinners on it, stickers, badges or anything else, do it. But dont tell me that someone that calls
a fellow vette owner a poser as understanding as you!!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Swany00
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

This thread sure did take a hard turn!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,238 Likes on 3,471 Posts

Everybody's a critic.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:23 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Swany00
This thread sure did take a hard turn!
That's because they need to...
Old 04-16-2005, 12:35 AM
FiberglassFan
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So...I bought Zo6 sway bars for my coupe.....and will probably follow up with springs...I'll never put a Zo6 badge on the car even though it has Zo6 parts. I'm even thinking about removing the rear badge. I like the badgeless look better than any 'announcements'. The Zo6 is a nice variation on the basic Vette theme, mildly improved suspension and engne, lighter weight via simple seats, etc, So whats the big deal with all the egos and worry about some dude sticking badges on another Vette. Its really silly to me to do so....His problem, not mine. I'd rather have a non Zo6 thats more tricked out than a Zo6 and has no badges at all. Though if that extra 200 ponies starts with the neon, I might have to think about it...... toEG,
Cheers everyone!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:52 AM
countslav
Burning Brakes

englandgreen,....you are to cool

where's my pipe...
Old 04-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Target Chaser
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Machine Silver Z06 The Golden State......... Bay Area
St. Jude Donor '05

ZO6 posers bite!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:10 AM
DaBoz
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe this thread is still going... all this over a badge...
Old 04-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Billy182
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DaBoz
I can't believe this thread is still going... all this over a badge...
Heh heh.. we don't need no stinking badges!!!

Old 04-18-2005, 04:31 AM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Get me an LS1 badge!

Originally Posted by Face

For those who think the badge "looks nice" , there's a simular looking badge out there but says "LS1" instead of "Z06". There's no need to be a poser.
Hey, I got a great idea. Since you guys are so concerned about my Z06 badges, I'll tell you what...

You go buy me those LS1 badges and mail them to me. In return, I'll take my Z06 badges off, mail them to you along w/ pics of the vert w/ the LS1 badges.

Like i said, if you guys are so concerned about what other people are doing to their cars, here's a chance for you to do something about it.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:15 AM
wldstrk98
Instructor

Originally Posted by CB99Coupe

"all us vert owners are the real men around here"

Um, CB99Coupe, I hate to burst your bubble but Vettes, no matter what body style, are not MALE EXCLUSIVE vehicles
I'm sure I'm not the only female owner on this forum.

Oh, and before you ask - I own a 98 Torch Red Vert
yes it is mine
yes I drive it almost every day
Yes I've taken it to the track, and participated
Yes I bought it all by myself, with my own money
and NO, I didn't ask my boyfriend for permission - he doesn't even drive it. He just sits back and enjoys the ride.

L
Old 04-18-2005, 07:33 AM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I wouldnt worry about it. I seen a magazine the other day that had some emblems that looked like the Z-06 emblem but they were made from a company called SLP. If you bought the air filter assembly and SLP exhaust you could get the emblem too. I think the emblem said
LS1 375 HP or something like that. Anyway I thought it looked really
cool. To each his own.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 AM
C5_SWISS
Burning Brakes

vectorz,

could you please show us some pictures of your car???

Get notified of new replies

To Saw a poser Zo6 Vert at the park tonight

Old 04-18-2005, 08:53 AM
rockgt302
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by EHS
Obviously he is, and he's clearly very insecure about it -- it could be 1,000hp but it still doesn't say "Z06" on his data plate.

As you know, Mr. Green, it's not just about horsepower, otherwise "Billy" wouldn't be posting about this issue, it's about cache, which "Billy" knows he doesn't have.

Cherrio!

Another great post by EHS, The only thing that sets you apart from the average on this board is that you may actually own a vette.
Whats up with you anyway, every post you chime in on is something rude and offensive. You my friend need a LIFE. Maybe $400 an hour can buy alot of things, but you need what $$ cant buy.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
Dude, what is your problem? This post just started out as an innocent observation - and a rather funny one at that. Why the personal attacks???

Put the pipe down and take a
The willingness to take other peoples inventory and lack of humor here really suprises me sometimes. Most of the vette people I meet in real life are great. You don't always get that impression here. But you can still get some great information and experience.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:30 AM
1BadMagVert
Instructor

Originally Posted by wldstrk98
"all us vert owners are the real men around here"

Um, CB99Coupe, I hate to burst your bubble but Vettes, no matter what body style, are not MALE EXCLUSIVE vehicles
I'm sure I'm not the only female owner on this forum.

Oh, and before you ask - I own a 98 Torch Red Vert
yes it is mine
yes I drive it almost every day
Yes I've taken it to the track, and participated
Yes I bought it all by myself, with my own money
and NO, I didn't ask my boyfriend for permission - he doesn't even drive it. He just sits back and enjoys the ride.

L
Your not bursting my bubble, I think its great that woman think the corvette is a great car. Even better if they bought one for themselves without pressure from others. I just traded a 99 coupe m6 for a 01 vert auto because my wife doesnt drive a manual well, and she loves the vette and I think she should be able to enjoy it like I do. She loves to drive it and I think she looks great behind the wheel.

Quick Reply: Saw a poser Zo6 Vert at the park tonight