Sponsored by:

Rear Fender flares--pics??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 12:22 PM
HotLaperC5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fender flares--pics??

Anyone out there had any custom rear flares installed on their C5? I'd love to see some pics and know what it cost you. I think it would be awesome to have the rear fenders flared to pack some extra meat in there>
Old 03-30-2005, 12:38 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Yes, it has been done..here's a pic of the only one I am aware of:

acp racebodies(not sure if it is on the website or not..but they have them)
Old 03-30-2005, 12:42 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by HotLaperC5
Anyone out there had any custom rear flares installed on their C5? I'd love to see some pics and know what it cost you. I think it would be awesome to have the rear fenders flared to pack some extra meat in there>
I haven't seen anything other than the ACP wider quarter panels that only add ~3/4" and still appear stock.

That said, I'm taking this task on this summer as soon as I complete my custom interior project. The interior project includes repainting everything in a dark purple (with some graphics), installing a 5 point roll bar (sitting in a BR right now ) and completey replacing the stereo system including two amps and custom mounting enclosures etc. I've been spending my forum time the past 3-4 weeks surfing audio websites, purchasing new AV components as well as fiberglass materials and a purple paint sample!

Now for my upcoming flare project. I picked up an extra set of quarter panels from Gene and I'm going to build mock up flares out of clay, cast the molds and then fabricate the actual parts for splicing into the spare quarter panels. I have two ideas regarding the design, both will incorporate Z06 brake duct (got 'em off ebay). I also plan on picking up a Specter Werkes fiberglass rear fascia so i can blend it into the quarter panels and go seamless. I plan on leaving the rocker panel seam and modifying the rocker panel independently of the quarter panel with a portion of the flare and a Z06 brake duct that I plan to blend in and paint.

I've already purchased new Michelin Pilot Sports and will be installing 19" 30 series 345's out back. As soon as I get the flare design completed, then I'll be able to spec the proper backspace and plan on ordering 19x12.5's or 19x13's to mount on the tires.

Oh yeah, we have our second (baby) on the way due ~ Halloween so I barely have 6 months to get all of the above completed!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:44 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

ACP's panels look pretty cool . . .

BUT I'LL BE GOING MUCH W I D E R!

Old 03-30-2005, 12:49 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Yes, I agree w/74 roadster!!!,btw,You may have to make an extra set for me when your done!! That sounds just like what I was looking for
Old 03-30-2005, 01:11 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by flynbya2
Yes, I agree w/74 roadster!!!,btw,You may have to make an extra set for me when your done!! That sounds just like what I was looking for
If my plan and mold work out well enough, I hope to be able to make a few extra sets. But the install for what I plan to build will invlove modification to the rocker panels and replacement of the rear fascia too, so it'll be an expensive mod!

Last edited by 74-Roadster; 03-30-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:16 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I have been considering the spectre-works for a while now anyway..so no big deal there! I guess I'll wait for a while then... btw/ I was unaware that rear facia was fiberglass..hmmmm
Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it has been done..here's a pic of the only one I am aware of:
Is that a complete new rear fender or did the flare had to be molded on? With the flare and tub, you can probably fit 13" wide rim.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:19 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

I have been considering the spectre-works for a while now anyway..so no big deal there! I guess I'll wait for a while then... btw/ I was unaware that rear fascia was fiberglass..hmmmm
I know they have a fiberglass version. They may have a urethane version too.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:22 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Sportsdude
Is that a complete new rear fender or did the flare had to be molded on? With the flare and tub, you can probably fit 13" wide rim.
I believe you can get a flare section from them or a whole new fender, your choice.

You can fit 13" with just a tub, you don't have to flare the panel too. I want the wider appearance and a deeper dish than you normally see on the back of a modified C5, hence my decision to flare a set of panels.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:09 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i cant wait to see pics of your car!!

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Fender flares--pics??

Quick Reply: Rear Fender flares--pics??