Sponsored by:

Door rattle

Old 03-10-2005, 11:49 PM
GerryInOrange
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rattle solved

Finally!

I've not seen the solution to my rattle on the web, nor does the service manual have the complete setup of the window mechanism pictured.

To repeat my problem, the rattle occurred only when the window was down. When shutting the door, the window mechanism rattled big time.

The solution was:
1. Take the door panel off
2. Take the water deflector off (the large plastic piece) - this provides access to the door interior
3. The rattle occurred where the mechanism that holds the window is "attached" near the bottom front of the door. The mechanism is actually not attached very securely, rather the metal piece has a hole in it that goes over a "stud". Turns out there is a rubber piece that needs to be securely over the stud before the metal piece with the hole is placed over the stud. The rubber piece keeps it tight and prevents metal to metal contact - THE RATTLE! My rubber piece had worked its way up and the metal piece with the hole was rattling against the stud.

I know this description is confusing ...
The following users liked this post:
C5workinprogress (02-29-2024)
Old 03-11-2005, 11:32 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a window rattle identical to that, that I fixed in about 5 minutes. The nut had come off of the bottom adjuster that is located behind the red reflector at the bottom of the door. It was just laying in the cavity behind the reflector. The adjuster stud had fallen inside the door, but is easily put back thru the hole by removing the rubber plug on the bottom of the door and feeding it back thru the hole. Install the nut, adjust as required, and reassemble. Hope this helps...I hate rattles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door rattle