Sponsored by:

[Z06] Cops came to visit me at my gf's house

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:14 PM
CAPTKEN28
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cops came to visit me at my gf's house

Its seems they recieved a noise complaint that my stock 04 Z06 is too loud. I was in 2nd gear going 18-20mph and they called the cops...lol..anyhow i am now thinking of getting cutouts...

The cops were cool and i gave them a tour of the car and offered them rides in it....turned it on etc....

Neighbors are fun aren;t they...and to think there is a viper 3 doors down...the next time i see him i will ask if they called the cops on him too...
Old 02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CAPTKEN28
Its seems they recieved a noise complaint that my stock 04 Z06 is too loud. I was in 2nd gear going 18-20mph and they called the cops...lol..anyhow i am now thinking of getting cutouts...

The cops were cool and i gave them a tour of the car and offered them rides in it....turned it on etc....

Neighbors are fun aren;t they...and to think there is a viper 3 doors down...the next time i see him i will ask if they called the cops on him too...
I hate some neighbors. Lucky it wasn't my car or I would have gone to jail! Longtubes, no cats and straight pipe is just a little louder than stock..
Old 02-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Marine
Racer

My neighbors give me looks when I'm being polite and cruise'n at 15 mph so I don't run over their kids. Just cause I leave it in 1st and am pulling 3500-4000 rpm isn't no eason for them to get snotty. So I am getting Longtubes and dropping the cats.
Ever think maybe it was the Viper guy that called?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:58 PM
fovsky
Racer

One time I had my neighbors pull that on me...one time.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
3XBlack6spd
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have a Digital Corvettes Login, Check My sig for "fly By" video....You think My Neighbors Like me???????????? LOL!!!!

Last edited by 3XBlack6spd; 02-04-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:03 PM
jjjflex
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to check the viper guy.....
Old 02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Z-ZANY
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Some people really S**K. Probably some jealous, miserable housewife stuck with a couple of spoiled brats and a fat *** husband who's never home. She would rather be in your pasenger seat but can't so she tries to ruin your enjoyment. I have to deal with that type person every day in my line of work. If I were you I'd install an amp and crank the bass every time I came and went from now on.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Diamond
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Find out who, hire a friend with a high HP car to back up to their garage door at 3 am and leave em a set of black marks to last the summer. Dont get mad, get even. Loud pipes wont sound so bad after that.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:51 PM
bud miller
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

hey what about all the BIKES out there???????
my z is nothin' compared to so many bikes that are obnoxious in the sound dept-course if you drive your z thru the neighborhood that way all the time -i would be pissed too,sometimes neighbors get "bent" for a reason-so can't we all just get along???
and use some mature discretion before ya "romp on it",most of the time its music too my ears -even my neighbors harley..but sometimes it can become stupid when your tryin' to SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Cap'n Pete
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bud miller
use some mature discretion before ya "romp on it",most of the time its music too my ears -even my neighbors harley..but sometimes it can become stupid when your tryin' to SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love loud exhaust on a big V8, but there's a guy rollin' around in our neighborhood lately with a Chev pickup - must be missing the muffler or something?! - and it's even annoying me! (and I'm a 23 y/o "punk" who shouldn't care! ). Problem is, this guy rolls in around ~midnight, and steps on it every time he turns a corner or pulls in/out of the driveway! I mean, like I said, I'm all about a 350 Chevy with loud duals (even love our '73 Camaro with wide open headers! ) but there's a time and place for it.

Now in your case, maybe your trying to be respectful, but maybe it was the Viper owner's WIFE?? Probably every time you pull in, he runs to the window saying "hear that 'Vette honey?? I gotta run him one day!" so his wife is tired of hearing it and wishes her husband wouldn't always hear your car coming in?:o
Old 02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
SimonStern
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

My neighbors have never called the cops on me. They probably could as there is an aftermarket exhaust on my Trans Am and it's the loudest car I have ever driven.

Seriously makes the stock Z06 sound as loud as a Grand Prix.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:29 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people just need to find something to do.

I have a neighbor behind me that did a major remodeling job and addition onto their house. For 6 months there were contractors pounding hammers, trucks, cement trucks, bulldozers, roofers and the works. The first week they move back into the house my buddy comes over in his helicopter and lands in my backyard. Now this is a jet helicopter, very smooth, relatively quiet and it takes him less than 60 seconds to put it down and turn it off. The cops come knocking on my door and guess who called to complain. I couldn't believe it. He told me there was nothing illegal but they had to make the call and promised they wouldn't bother us again. He just checked the registration and he was really nice about it. They only make a record of it and never respond to any future complaints. So when my buddy left, he took off really slow and hovered over their house. The whole family with 4 kids had their faces pressed against the windows.

So I'm going to the next homeowners association meeting and asking them if they think we enjoyed all the noise he provided us with for 6 months and he felt it was necessary to complain about our noise for 60 seconds.

If people think you're having a better time than they are, they will find something to complain about.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:50 PM
hxc
4th Gear

Man I wish the cops would be called on half the people around here. Sportbikes going by 1 in the morning full throttle. Or this guy whose girlfriend lives on my street comes down the road with his four 15's booming in the back of his denali.

But the cops have never been called on my silverado with the dual flowmasters.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:00 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default neighbors

someone in heaven must like me, my neighbors to the left have to mustangs with aftermarket exhaust and one is turbo, across the street they have racing quads, to the right a loud bike, and i have two vettes, both semi loud, lucky i guess.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Cap'n Pete
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 76Stingray&02Z06
someone in heaven must like me, my neighbors to the left have to mustangs with aftermarket exhaust and one is turbo, across the street they have racing quads, to the right a loud bike, and i have two vettes, both semi loud, lucky i guess.
Sounds like a perfect neighborhood!!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My new next door neighbor had a real loud Mustang Cobra. I complained a lot! The nerve of some families ruining the tranquility of a neighborhood. Well, let me tell you, I dealt with the issue! I went with him to Sears Point Raceway last summer in my Z and let him drive. He sold the Cobra and bought a new Z.

You just need to edjikate problem people.

Chuck
Old 02-03-2005, 04:12 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Vette V8 good. Ricey Honda with fart can bad,very bad!
They drive me nuts. Very annoying!

Get notified of new replies

To Cops came to visit me at my gf's house

Old 02-03-2005, 08:43 AM
DWS'03Z
Racer

Originally Posted by SimonStern
My neighbors have never called the cops on me. They probably could as there is an aftermarket exhaust on my Trans Am and it's the loudest car I have ever driven.

Seriously makes the stock Z06 sound as loud as a Grand Prix.
same here.....SLP Loudmouth on my '95 Formula.......the LT1/LM combination is awesome!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:29 AM
mqqn
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'11

Hi CAPTKEN28 -

Damn - and a stock Z at that - heck those things are quiet!

That is almost as bad as the turd in Morton Illinois that complained to the cops that the neigbors American Flag was flapping loudly and somehow got an ordinace be passed that bans flagpoles in Morton. No cheet.

Don't 'ya just love some people?

best regards-

mqqn
Old 02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
pbadad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st gear on that block 4 ever
...........jimmy

Quick Reply: [Z06] Cops came to visit me at my gf's house