[Z06] partition

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Black01Z
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default partition

hello all,

Just got my partition from Brian at corvettepartitions.com. He priced matched a competitor, and got it to me quickly. Just installed it and took it out for a quick spin. Initial impressions are...

-the carpet is a very close match, the partition is slightly darker, but thats prolly because my carpet has seen a little sun over the last 4 years.
-the stereo, DEF is easier to hear
-as far as toning out the exaust, i was hoping for more , but again this was just a quick drive, i'll take her out tonight and try to get a better feel. And i dont know if i can hope for the world in combating cam, headers, no cats, and bullets.
-cant comment on helping the a/c, because its 65 here , so not much need for it

Last edited by Black01Z; 01-27-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:26 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blake,
I'm glad your happy. Wow-- you have a VERY loud exhaust, if I knew that I would have sent along my shooting muffs for ya!! Let me know if you have any problems with anything and I will be more than happy to help you out.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:29 AM
LuS1fer
Pro

I fitted my partition from Brian a few weeks a go but so far haven't had the weather to take the Vette out of the garage. The partition is, however, top notch and fits like a glove.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Redshift
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've also got some of the best partitions available at our store.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

I really hope that people are aware that partitions are like anything else-- you get what you pay for, the cheaper units are just that--cheap, and likely made overseas . We offer a money back guarantee, and if someone is not happy, I'll refund their purchase. Not many vendors will do that!! Keep a look out for the lightweight ABS version next week as well. As for the people that have bought from us and are happy, send me your pics-- I would love to put them on our site!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:13 PM
03-red-z06
Advanced

If you need a partition or anything else, PFYC would be my choice!!!

Bought a partition and several other items from them. TOP Notch service and support.

Total Thumbs Up!!!!!

Quote "and likely made overseas"

I do not think that partition manufacturing is being outsourced

Last edited by 03-red-z06; 01-30-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Redshift

Originally Posted by 03-red-z06

Bought a partition and several other items from them. TOP Notch service and support.

Total Thumbs Up!!!!!

Thank you We try our hardest. You're right about that, too, ours are made in the USA by real live engineers (they have day jobs) and designers. Not some 4-year olds in Taiwan We also take them back if you don't like them. We are very glad you are happy with our service and support and products.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:59 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the compliments guys. Our partitions really are designed for EXACT fit by an engineer as well as fully CNC machined for EXACT fit as well. Our partitions are not cut in a garage with a jigsaw for an OK fit-- thats not good enough for our standards, but other vendors selling cheaper versions are. I know, we've taken other vendors products in on trade and we pitch them because they just dont have the quality a corvette deserves. We also now have available an ABS FRC/Z06 partition that weighs in at a slim 4 pounds, were most competitors lightest is a claimed 12 pounds, but more like 14 pounds. We are updating our site to include these partitions with pictures very soon. If your in the market for a partition and weight is an issue, please take a look at our original FRC/Z06 ABS partition, we know you'll like it!! We will match or beat prices on all COMPARABLE partitions that are equal quality to ours.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:26 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 03-red-z06

Total Thumbs Up!!!!!

"John",
There are some coming through the Port of Miami (from China) that are being sold out of Florida and are on EBAY all the time. People know that you get what you pay for. Would you pay $50,000 for a Toyota Celica? Everything in life is that way. Items that are better quality cost more because of what goes into them, thats why I drive a Corvette.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Redshift

Originally Posted by bmathews
"John",
There are some coming through the Port of Miami (from China) that are being sold out of Florida and are on EBAY all the time. People know that you get what you pay for. Would you pay $50,000 for a Toyota Celica? Everything in life is that way. Items that are better quality cost more because of what goes into them, thats why I drive a Corvette.

You can't seriously be implying that our partitions are made in China, can you? They're made in Georgia. In the USA. By Americans. Not that it matters, but why are you trying to imply things that aren't true?

I don't see what CNC machining has to do with a piece of board that ends up covered in carpet and has to be friction fit in place anyway. If one is cut by hand and the other is cut by a machine, why does that make it so much better? This isn't a gear or precision piece we're talking about here

Also, I'm not sure what market you are selling to, but I don't know a lot of people who are refusing to buy partitions due to them weighing in a few pounds more. Anyone out there who is drag racing or road racing would simply remove the partition to save weight, if it was even that big of a deal. I don't see a few pounds savings (if there even are savings - I haven't seen your product so I can not comment) being important to anyone.

This is the second time you have tried to imply something that is simply untrue about someone else's product. If you'll read back, none of my comments ever put you or your product down. I would appreciate it if you would be an adult about it and try to be 100% honest to people who are reading. You aren't doing yourself any favors by implying things here.

Best of luck selling your partitions in the future. See you around the boards, and enjoy your Vette.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Talk about getting out of hand.....

If you would bother to fully read what I had written, you would have noticed I said there were some coming in through the Port of Miami from China and were being sold out of Florida. I know your in the Carolinas and your supplier is in Georgia, so I don't know how you get that I implied yours are from overseas? If you would read, you would understand I was not implying anything about your product.

As for the CNC machining, It's about the best fit possible, and CNC machining gets you there. Iwould have assume that "engineers" from other companies would know that as well.

I'm not going to get into a p*ssing match over something. People know what goes into a top quality partition and they do get what they pay for. I'm sure your products are just fine and good luck with your business as well.

I am 100% honest with everyone and I don't really understand why you think I was putting your product down? I never implied YOUR product was "bad" and NEVER implied anything about YOUR products, so please be an adult and don't try putting down my business ethics by insuing false claims.

Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and our customers have been happy with our products, because of the extra effort we put into our products.

Last edited by bmathews; 02-02-2005 at 02:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To partition

Quick Reply: [Z06] partition