C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water/Methanol injection and Magnuson S/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 11:30 PM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/Methanol injection and Magnuson S/C

Has anyone heard of water/meth injection causing problems with the rotors or hurting the finish of the rotors in a Magnuson S/C?? Does anyone have experience or knows first hand about this potential problem if in fact it is a problem??

Thanks in advance
Old 11-30-2004, 11:43 PM
EFI-1
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting question....
Old 12-01-2004, 01:23 AM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been using it now for about 4 mo's on pure methanol and don't see a problem with the coatings. Do a search.. i think the last mention stated that the coatings were there for reducing the sound/whine..

may not be an issue even if it happens..
Old 12-01-2004, 08:48 AM
gmf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by arkansascorvette
Has anyone heard of water/meth injection causing problems with the rotors or hurting the finish of the rotors in a Magnuson S/C?? Does anyone have experience or knows first hand about this potential problem if in fact it is a problem??

Thanks in advance
Yep. I posted somewhere in this forum a direct quote from magnuson technical department.

I will repeat it here again for you.

Glenn:
We have certainly seen damage to the rotor coating when a substance other than air is introduced to the super charger. We have never tested for this so there are no concrete answers. It is hard to say just when the damage occurs but it is not a wear problem as the coating just looses adhesion to the rotor. The coating is applied to the rotors with the level of sound being the concern. The actual reduction in efficiency is very minimal.
Ed Lauer

What the above means is your S/C will get noisier but not loose performance. The coating is applied to make the unit quieter, not for performance enhancements.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:49 AM
gmf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by magdc5
I've been using it now for about 4 mo's on pure methanol and don't see a problem with the coatings. Do a search.. i think the last mention stated that the coatings were there for reducing the sound/whine..

may not be an issue even if it happens..
Have you actually cracked open your unit to look to verify this?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:46 AM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Default water/meth affect on mag rotors

I personally can't see a problem from this. With the " great" PVC system on on our vettes, dumping oil vapor and some water vapor into our intakes whats the difference? Although I have a modified PVC to prevent this.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
0Kaley@DragonRace
Supporting Vendor

We have a GTR that comes in here about once a month for performance mods. First we installed a 65 shot of nitrous and then we installed water/alcohol injection. We have not had any issues running the car this way. It put down 592rwhp the last time it was on the dyno. Kaley
Old 12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
0Kaley@DragonRace
Supporting Vendor

We have a GTR that comes in here about once a month for performance mods. First we installed a 65 shot of nitrous and then we installed water/alcohol injection. We have not had any issues running the car this way. It put down 592rwhp the last time it was on the dyno. Kaley
Old 12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gmf
Have you actually cracked open your unit to look to verify this?

yup.. when i was looking at various other locations to possibly inject after the rotors. they looked as good as the day i got it..
Old 12-01-2004, 02:13 PM
gmf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by magdc5
yup.. when i was looking at various other locations to possibly inject after the rotors. they looked as good as the day i got it..

Old 12-01-2004, 04:09 PM
TriniJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaley@DragonRace
Is the 65 shot of nitrous a wet shot?

Get notified of new replies

To Water/Methanol injection and Magnuson S/C

Quick Reply: Water/Methanol injection and Magnuson S/C