C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High pressure Water/Methanol Injection

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 08:57 PM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pressure Water/Methanol Injection

Purchase one of the best systems made for Water/Methanol Injection at
a reasonable price. Corvette tested extensively for NA and S/C cars.
Several variable controllers available for the C5: TPS, MAF, and MAP. Comming soon is a new "frequency" Maf controller based on the late model vette which will yield a very accurate setting based on Mass air flow. These will also work on the F-body LS1/LS6.
The Stage-2 design uses an upgraded 140psi pump, high pressure tubing, stainless steel nozzles and screens in complete kit form and made for the Corvette. Substantial gains in lower IAT's, gains in Torque and HP and at a great price. $380 for the corvette kit.
Go to http:www.teamzr1.com and click on product list.
For a pictorial of the kit on a S/C LS1 go to http:members.cardomain.com/arkansasvette You'll be glad you did!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Tubing is plastic?
Controller is external? Or fits under the dash? How big is the unit? Push on fittings or flared?

Sounds like the Snow piece?

Old 11-15-2004, 09:35 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by arkansascorvette
Purchase one of the best systems made for Water/Methanol Injection at
a reasonable price. Corvette tested extensively for NA and S/C cars.
Several variable controllers available for the C5: TPS, MAF, and MAP. Comming soon is a new "frequency" Maf controller based on the late model vette which will yield a very accurate setting based on Mass air flow. These will also work on the F-body LS1/LS6.
The Stage-2 design uses an upgraded 140psi pump, high pressure tubing, stainless steel nozzles and screens in complete kit form and made for the Corvette. Substantial gains in lower IAT's, gains in Torque and HP and at a great price. $380 for the corvette kit.
Go to http:www.teamzr1.com and click on product list.
For a pictorial of the kit on a S/C LS1 go to http:members.cardomain.com/arkansasvette You'll be glad you did!
How about your become a supporting vendor with some feedback first?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:50 PM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Default Water/methanol injection

My Firstcorvette,

First of all I'M not selling anything. I posted a site that is offering WI at a good price and I am a Satisfied customer. Excellent product, does what it says it does and is reasonable in price. I've read numerous posts concerning products put out by other people, whats the issue?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:21 PM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

Would love to see a comparo listing of this setup to the one being offered by ECS & Julio. Pros/con list would be of benefit too.

I *know* ECS and their workmanship, plus Doug's word is like GOSPEL.... if he's recommending a kit, well it sure makes it harder to shop elsewhere.

I think all of us here would really like to see a complete parts list, comparison, and other pertinent info in order to make an educated decision.

FWIW, I appreciate your honest opinion about your setup.... but more info is really needed. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:26 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

I've been running Julio's kit at www.Alkycontrol.com for over 2 months now! It is a VERY complete kit that has given me real results!

I picked up between 20 to 25 HP and Torque across the board, and my IATs now drop under boost...

JB
Old 11-15-2004, 10:52 PM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

Hey JB.... Did you need to re-tune your car, or was this improvement strictly from installation of the alky setup?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:34 PM
arkansascorvette
Instructor

Default Water/methanol injection

Guys, I do not know how I can say it clearer: the information you seek is at the web site I gave. Click on products, then products list, then WI2 and added info is listed there as well as "questions " area click and email the vendor and ask what you will of him.
My signature lists what I have done to my rig, and those vendors have my loyalty as to quality of their products. I would expect anyone reading my post would have the intelligence to follow up and research not only the vendor I mentioned but also any other one to get what they pay for and see for themselves whats best for them.
After all, this is America and its a free enterprise system. Just as there
are several types of S/C manufacturers out there so goes it for WI. You can pay more and you can pay less its your Peso. It was not my intent to degrade any other system but to state my Likes and experiences in my quest for a WI system.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:49 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by dads01dream
Hey JB.... Did you need to re-tune your car, or was this improvement strictly from installation of the alky setup?
I did retune, and picked up the extra ponies while ending up with a richer, safer tune.

You can see where I spray in this pic!

JB
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The thing is to look at reliability and make the system as maintenance free and trouble free as possible.

And if you dissect every component then address them individually, you'll get the answers.

My way of thinking if there is going to be any liquid under pressure, I want metal fittings and metal lines. The metal fittings are from start to finish, and the only item that is not metal is the pump's upper body assembly, and the GM tank. Reason is something goes flying through the engine compartment, car wrecks, who knows.. stainless steel braided hoses stand a chance. Push on fittings and plastic hoses while easier to initially install,... You get the point.

External controllers dont make sense. So every time you need to do an adjustment, your under the hood on the side of a highway

I made frequency based(MAP,RPM) and didnt like the way it responded. The MAP based works the best IMHO. And to make a bullet proof MAP based system, use a GM sensor.. spend a little time/effort in the design dept.. and you have a very reliable system.

See you take out the plastic, add OEM parts, and address the electronics... it costs $$$. No way around it.

An alcohol kit can be made using a Trico pump from a windshield washer tank and an NOS nozzle triggered of of a pressure switch. That setup would cost under 100.00, 50 if your resourceful. Would it do the same..hehe.. no way. Tho some would argue something like that is great. McDonalds makes a great .39 cent hamburger. If your looking at cost.

If you need further testimonials to what I do, look no further than
www.turbobuick.com they have a nitrous,alcohol,propane section with plenty of reading.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:10 AM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Julio
McDonalds makes a great .39 cent hamburger. If your looking at cost....
Julio, I *loved* this comment.... I truly laughed out loud!!! Thanks for your input on this topic.

To arkansascorvette - Please accept my apologies if my post came across derrogatory in any way. I truly did appreciate your comments about the system you're running.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:35 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by arkansascorvette
Guys, I do not know how I can say it clearer: the information you seek is at the web site I gave. Click on products, then products list, then WI2 and added info is listed there as well as "questions " area click and email the vendor and ask what you will of him.
My signature lists what I have done to my rig, and those vendors have my loyalty as to quality of their products. I would expect anyone reading my post would have the intelligence to follow up and research not only the vendor I mentioned but also any other one to get what they pay for and see for themselves whats best for them.
After all, this is America and its a free enterprise system. Just as there
are several types of S/C manufacturers out there so goes it for WI. You can pay more and you can pay less its your Peso. It was not my intent to degrade any other system but to state my Likes and experiences in my quest for a WI system.
Everybody appreciates the info. We are constantly looking at mods and comparing them to each other. This subject in particular interests me as I am getting ready to buy an injection setup.

VR
Old 11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

The thing is to look at reliability and make the system as maintenance free and trouble free as possible.

Julio - when will you have a turn-key system for maggie users? My brother has a intercooled Mag that puts out 455 rwhp and 440 rwtq - he would love to bump it up by 20 at the wheels for both numbers - do you think this is feasible?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Cape Cod Bob
Account disabled by user request 2 March 2009

Originally Posted by dads01dream
Julio, I *loved* this comment.... I truly laughed out loud!!! Thanks for your input on this topic.

To arkansascorvette - Please accept my apologies if my post came across derrogatory in any way. I truly did appreciate your comments about the system you're running.
Hey Arkansascorvette-

I took your advice and looked at the system. It is sound and at a reasonable price.
Some folks just have to pay more for the same thing.

Thanks for the heads up on a system with a great price.

Bob
Old 11-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Flintstone
Drifting

The kit TeamZR1 is offering sounds exactly like the Snow Performance kit, actually, the wording is exactly the same as on Snow's site.

I spoke with Snow, and he was very clear that they aren't quite there yet on the Corvette systems. Our MAFs don't read 0-5v so you can't use that part of it. MAP works, but it is not a progressive setup. His advice was to wait until early next year when they come out with the progressive controller for the C5.

Julio, can you post some installed pics of the system for us? I want to see placement and overall look. gmf had some pics up, but it was not of the final install.

Thanks, working on funding for this. Poor kids, they won't have any presents to open at xmas

F
Old 11-16-2004, 01:28 PM
BoostedZ06
Intermediate

Julio (typo fixed)
If you have spent that much time designing your kit then you would know why even GM does not use metal for the fuel or evap lines, worse in your case since the water/alky will cause the metal to corrode and degrade so its smart to use the same type of hose as GM uses for the fuel line which BTW is not a worry to others if they crash
or the fact metal lines will suck in engine bay heat, retain it and transmit it to the fluids your using to cool ait temps down
Your pump you OEM its the same maker as used with the kit we use but is the cheaper version as your specs say 100 PSI where ours is 140 PSI which assures fluids atomizes.
The controller as anyone knows can be installed anywhere so that is a red herring but anyone also knows once the WI is calibrated to how you want it to function then rarely would someone be fooling around adjusting it while driving down a highway
Our kit uses Methanol which is 99.8% pure, alky is a lower byproduct and does not remove as much heat and is not as pure.
Our controller allows the user to use different engine signals to control when the injection is functional, not just vaccum that mave have oil fumes and degrade the simple vaccum switch.
This controller was designed so it can be used in engine bay ( if owner chooses to) so its far better designed to be even water proof. Newest model not only supports being used with TPS, MAP or MAF output voltage but also within next month can be used with the MAF frequency output.
This control unit has much more into the design, it will auto shutdown the pump if tank goes dry, has its own built in circuit breaker and not only allows when pump goes on but also how long it then stays on rather then a cheap vaccum switch.
Your kit charging $550 with one nozzle, ours is only $380 and comes with both 400 plus and 600 plus HP nozzles.
The attempt to make a fair priced product look like a white castle, well if you really look at the design your selling a product for about $200 more when it has cheaper parts, less user control and weaker pump so that comes down to "where's the Beef ?"
There are all types of engine makeups and only allowing the injection to function at a certain vaccum PSI is not what you call user friendly but in the end these kits even well designed are not worth more then $400 and we do not own turbo buicks, our kits were tested indepth in Corvettes with all types of engine mods and proven to work with the Corvette electronics and engine management.

And if you dissect every component then address them individually, you'll get the answers.

My way of thinking if there is going to be any liquid under pressure, I want metal fittings and metal lines. The metal fittings are from start to finish, and the only item that is not metal is the pump's upper body assembly, and the GM tank. Reason is something goes flying through the engine compartment, car wrecks, who knows.. stainless steel braided hoses stand a chance. Push on fittings and plastic hoses while easier to initially install,... You get the point.

External controllers dont make sense. So every time you need to do an adjustment, your under the hood on the side of a highway

I made frequency based(MAP,RPM) and didnt like the way it responded. The MAP based works the best IMHO. And to make a bullet proof MAP based system, use a GM sensor.. spend a little time/effort in the design dept.. and you have a very reliable system.

See you take out the plastic, add OEM parts, and address the electronics... it costs $$$. No way around it.

An alcohol kit can be made using a Trico pump from a windshield washer tank and an NOS nozzle triggered of of a pressure switch. That setup would cost under 100.00, 50 if your resourceful. Would it do the same..hehe.. no way. Tho some would argue something like that is great. McDonalds makes a great .39 cent hamburger. If your looking at cost.

If you need further testimonials to what I do, look no further than
www.turbobuick.com they have a nitrous,alcohol,propane section with plenty of reading.

Last edited by BoostedZ06; 11-16-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:46 PM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

WW.... This thread just got a whole lot more interesting!!! Any counter-points to be offered??

Get notified of new replies

To High pressure Water/Methanol Injection

Old 11-16-2004, 01:56 PM
gmf
Burning Brakes

Old 11-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Flintstone
Drifting

He called him Julia
Old 11-16-2004, 04:41 PM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

I'm sure that was just a typo..... I'd really hate to see a good thread go down the drain over something like that. Let's try to be "adult" about this subject, there's a bunch of people on the Forum that could really benefit from a thorough consideration of BOTH of these setups.

Please guys, keep the pros/cons coming.

Quick Reply: High pressure Water/Methanol Injection