C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:16 PM
supercoupe01
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why?

Have ATI D1 with standard pulley size. Why do you get more lbs. of boost in colder weather if it is spinning at the same speed in hot or cold weather. How much difference are you guys seeing?

[Modified by supercoupe01, 7:16 PM 2/14/2004]
Old 02-14-2004, 07:22 PM
LS1 Bird
Instructor

Default Re: Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why? (supercoupe01)

Same reason you get higher boost at sea level than you do at places like Denver. Although the blower is spinning the same speed, the air density is higher at low temps than it is warm. The difference isn't as pronounced as the altitude example I gave you, but it is still there. I don't really see that much difference on my gauge, but it is like a different car in the near freezing weather. Mine was actually tuned on a very very cold night.

Mike M
Old 02-14-2004, 07:30 PM
supercoupe01
Drifting

Default Re: Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why? (supercoupe01)

Thanks for the information. Living on the East Coast the temperature has only gotten above 40 a handful of times in the last month. I'm noticing a big difference it seems. Have to get someone to ride with me when driving, hard to stare at the boost gauge when driving. :eek: :eek:
Old 02-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

For god sakes Bill, dont make me pull the friggin' gauge out of the car to keep your eyes on the road.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Old 02-15-2004, 01:21 AM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why? (CHRIS NJ C5)

I'm surprised you can see the difference on the gauge. I've never had the ***** to really watch it that closely.

I have data logging and have seen 2 more lbs of boost on a really cool (40*) night compared to a really hot (100*) day.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:20 AM
supercoupe01
Drifting

Default Re: Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why? (CHRIS NJ C5)

For god sakes Bill, dont make me pull the friggin' gauge out of the car to keep your eyes on the road.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
:steering: :steering: :seeya

I'm surprised you can see the difference on the gauge. I've never had the ***** to really watch it that closely.
I have data logging and have seen 2 more lbs of boost on a really cool (40*) night compared to a really hot (100*) day.

I hear ya, between upgrading from a P1 to a D1 and this cold weather the car is an animal. People driving with more HP than me on the street must be pros at squeezing the throttle. I need a lot more practice, but thats okay I like practicing.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:43 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

I switched from a P to a D also... and the diff is amazing!! :eek: talk about throttle response!! MY P series never ran like this!!

VR :cheers:
Old 02-15-2004, 08:43 AM
blown in n.c.
Drifting

Haven't noticed a boost increase, but there is mor hp on a cold day due to colder air going into the intercooler.

Get notified of new replies

To Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why?

Quick Reply: Difference in pounds of boost in cooler weather and why?