C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A V3 Si Install with Dewitts Cut Down Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 06:26 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Just push the coolant hose on farther.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:50 PM
frc00ny
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard_777
Just a quick update, got the blower installed, and noticed a potential issue. Did any of you guys run into this? The blower bracket is touching the radiator hose on the waterpump side.

Blower installed.

Blower bracket slightly touching the radiator hose on the waterpump side.

Hose also touching one of the bolts on the blower housing itself. Anyone else run into this issue? Will cutting the hose at the end by about an inch solve this?
Is the outlet of the radiator still going to contact the bracket if you push the hose on further?
A&A designed the kit with spacers in mind so the outlet would have cleared with them installed would be my guess. You may have to use them or clearance the bracket if possible. I cant tell if that would weaken it from the pictures. I am sure some else has done this and hopefully will chime in on how they solved it.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:13 PM
Redbeard_777
Heel & Toe

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Just push the coolant hose on farther.
Thanks Josh, this is exactly what I did. I just pushed it past the first stop until it ends at the water pump housing. Fits great now!
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 01:23 PM
Redbeard_777
Heel & Toe

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I made some progress today. Figured I would post up the fitment of the blower with the Dewitts Spal fans, they went in great. I bent the fan mounting tabs to the radiator a slight bit to make a more snug fit on them, and they would not rattle.

As stated above, plenty of clearance now that I pushed the hose on another inch. Thanks Josh!

Here you can see the fans cleared with not issue what so ever. I can slip my hand between the blower and the radiator fans. Very happy with my purchase here. My radiator support is in the stock location here.

A front picture of the fans, sorry for the bad lighting.

Picture of the Spal fans.

Here is the passenger side area panel where the intercooler will sit, along with the piping from the blower and the blow off valve. You can see the relocated horns in this picture as well. I trimmed my panels on both the drivers side, and the passenger side to compensate for not lowering the radiator support. As stated by others in this post, the trimming was obvious once you attempt to fit the panels. It was about half an inch on the drivers side, and a whole inch on the passenger side.

Fans installed. Still need to figure out where to mount the harness so it does not swing back and forth.

Ready to get the supercharger piping hung. I still have my sway bar off for better clearance while hanging the pipe. I will also decide where to mount the wiring harness, and the Dewitts fans do not have the same clips as the factory ones. No big deal at all, just need to find a spot to zip tie them too.

The following users liked this post:
Eshoremd (02-07-2024)

Quick Reply: A&A V3 Si Install with Dewitts Cut Down Radiator