C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smaller diameter brake booster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 10:50 PM
briannutter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Smaller diameter brake booster?

Hello, I’ve got a set of Flowtech up and forward headers and trying to get the #7 primary to clear the brake booster. I can probably artfully dent the booster and primary and get what I need, but I thought I’d check and see if you have better options. The pic I’m showing is without the header bolted up or even really close so just showing the basic location. Manual brakes are a possibility, but I’d rather keep the feel that I have. I’d probably weld in another primary before I do that. Thank you.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:09 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

It would be a lot easier to dent the header tube, than the booster.

But a little in both should do no harm.
Old 03-05-2023, 12:06 PM
briannutter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Stevie, It’s quite a bit worse that it looks because the header is a long way from being bolted up yet. I considered dinging the booster AND the primary, but there are some 7” boosters that would give me another inch radially. I may yet go that way, but I think I’m going to try a dual master manual Wilwood setup with balance bar first. The good news it looks like a problem with solutions. It didn’t look that way at first lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Smaller diameter brake booster?

Quick Reply: Smaller diameter brake booster?