C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil relocation problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 11:17 PM
Excessive ZO6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Coil relocation problem?

I wanted to post this in here first as I would think most the power adder guys would be the ones relocation the coil packs for various reasons.
I have had my coil packs relocated for years. I need to move the passengers side packs which are in my empty battery box to make room for a larger expansion tank.
they were tied together nicely using all thread and bolts. So with out having to make all new wires to move them farther away will the be ok separated and set down in the bottom where the battery tray used to be? The tank will not be sitting directly on them as they are all below the metal bracket. I’m just not sure about vibrations and other unforeseen things causing a problem down the road.
many input is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:37 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,318 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Will they be ok? Probably. Mostly.

Would I leave anything to do with the ignition to my expensive boosted car loose so it might fail? Nope.

Either rig up a brace and mount them somewhere locally to keep using the wires you have, or mount them elsewhere properly and remake the wires. I hope the other side isn't also loose.

Quick Reply: Coil relocation problem?