C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a education on Fuel Systems & Meth Injection

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 02:11 PM
NJShoreRR
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Looking for a education on Fuel Systems & Meth Injection

I've done a lot of reading and I'm still a little unsure of a few things. I understand why upgrade your fuel system is necessary. I understand why add meth injection is necessary. But can you do one instead of the other?

Right now my motor is being rebuilt so I'm planning on what changes I'm going to make.

My current setup is an A&A kit with a racetronix pump & hot wire kit and a BAP. I made 635 to the wheels on 10-11 psi. It was going well until my piston rings went.

I am considering meth injection for safety, but also considering adding a secondary pump.to my fuel system and ditching the BAP. I want to keep it around 650ish HP.

My questions are:

Will the secondary pump be sufficient without meth injection.

Will adding meth injection to my current setup be enough?

Do I need the extra fuel to supply the injectors and the meth to keep it safe?

I appreciate the help!
Old 10-30-2020, 05:54 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

in short yes, you can do one without the other.
Meth does more than fueling, it doubles up and also does cooling of the charge temps at the same time.
I'll assume you're running 93 pump, on pump gas only, you'll have to worry about the consistency and octane limitation of the fuel. you'll have less room for error, as you reach the limitation. Like your previous motor showed.
any slight detonation, was enough to rattle that piston and loose a ringland. I'll ditch the BAP personally, the less moving parts, the more reliable it'll be.

Secondary pump will solve a fuel flow limitation, if you had one. You'll still have to diagnose if you lost a ringland from a fuel flow issue, or detonation/heat.
and Yes, adding meth to your current can be enough. there's couple ways to the skin this cat, comes down to preference. Just remember motors are expensive. looks for cost cuttings outside of the fuel system
Old 10-30-2020, 06:24 PM
NJShoreRR
Instructor

The engine builder hasn't torn into it yet. Will he be able to tell what caused the ringland to go? I blamed it on me boosting a high mileage motor and bad luck. LoL

Old 10-30-2020, 08:49 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

How about looking into e85 if it’s in your area?
Old 10-30-2020, 08:52 PM
NJShoreRR
Instructor

Originally Posted by Water_Walker
How about looking into e85 if it’s in your area?
Its not. I wish it was.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:13 PM
directnosfogger
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

One additional benefit to meth is it acts as a cleaning agent. You will never have a cleaner intake tract. If trying to push the limits you can also run higher timing. I recognize a slight kick in the seat when the meth kicks in.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:57 PM
LPDesRoche
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Either one would accomplish what you are trying to do, but like it was stated above both would be a better setup. Run a secondary pump and use the meth only for cooling and not additional fuel. Meth pumps go out more often than fuel pumps, you would hate to kill another engine because you went lean running on ragged edge. Since you aren't trying to win any HP wars, just add the pump and meth along with a safe tune that the meth only enhances and you will good no matter the circumstance for the most part.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:12 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

I prefer an e85 tune
another option, is dual fuel run your pump gas on the primary injectors, and pure alchy or race gas through a dedicated fuel system and secondary injectors

with a wb and a MSpro or other IAC running the secondary injectors, you can have your cake and eat it too. the manifold and setup isn't as bad as I thought

I bought a red anodized sniper style thick alum weld up intake that fits the c5 and allows another set of injector bungs and fuel rail

the wb watching the secondary injectors really helps too

factory ecm won't get too confused as it ignores the narrow band sensor at WOT and max fuel

wheel to wheel even experimented with 2 factory ecms for a cheap but effective setup
The following users liked this post:
FourG63 97GST (11-05-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a education on Fuel Systems & Meth Injection

Quick Reply: Looking for a education on Fuel Systems & Meth Injection