C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of an era for me, sold my C5 vert.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 11:33 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Default End of an era for me, sold my C5 vert.

I had so much fun with this car over the years but it was time to move on, I just don't have the time to work on my own cars anymore as we are just too busy. So after it sitting for around ten years I realized I'm never getting if finished and sold it to a friend.

There were so many "firsts" with this car I couldn't remember them all, but here are some of them;

First 15" spindle kit was made on this car and is still on it.
First rear-mounted Powerglide was made on this car and the first Powerglide 9" combo
One of the original handful of 9 second C5's out there, then 8-second cars.
First car to average 8's in the NMCA Trus Street class
Been on the cover of Vette magazine and numerous other magazines over the years
Raced the Silver State classic with it, averaged in the 140's I think.

Oh well, time marches on and I replaced it with a 19 C7Z, here is a video of it's first 8 second pass and the Silver State classic race if you're bored;

The following 5 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
1SwtRide (05-20-2020), C5 Pete (05-21-2020), CorvetteBrent (06-16-2020), nullpointer (06-02-2020), TimbrSS (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 05:46 PM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

There is something to be said for just enjoying the ride. Hope you can find the time to put some miles on the z.

The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (06-05-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 09:53 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Sucks to seperate from such an old project, hope you can get back in the seat at some point
DOUG @ ECS (06-05-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 10:13 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Damn, Doug that must of been hard. Hopefully she went to a good home. Enjoy the new Z....leave it stock!!! LOL
DOUG @ ECS (06-05-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:16 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

cobblers kids. Gotta make time for U dude Life is too short.

congrats on the c5, it inspired lots of us to crack 9s and then 8s which is very impressive indeed

you guys showed us the "performance potential" of the platforms and c5s are still way cool (I prefer the tiger shark front and specter werks rear)

thanks for posting about the car, technology and time march on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rkreigh:
DOUG @ ECS (06-05-2020), MK 300 (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 09:42 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Holy ****... good luck with the new ride. But damn, this makes me sad.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:56 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC
There is something to be said for just enjoying the ride. Hope you can find the time to put some miles on the z.
Thanks, that's the plan, I already put about 1,000 miles on it.

Originally Posted by algZO6
Damn, Doug that must of been hard. Hopefully she went to a good home. Enjoy the new Z....leave it stock!!! LOL
A really good friend of mine is taking it and finishing the build. So I'll still take passes in it now and then, I have known him since school days, he had the exact same car and it burnt up in a garage fire, so I think it's the perfect person for it. As far as keeping the Z stock, well you know that ain't happening! But I'm not going crazy with it, I want to be able to drive it anywhere, and maybe go 8's.

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Sucks to seperate from such an old project, hope you can get back in the seat at some point
It was, but the reality is I wouldn't have it together in years anyway, plus I'm really liking the Z...

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
cobblers kids. Gotta make time for U dude Life is too short.

congrats on the c5, it inspired lots of us to crack 9s and then 8s which is very impressive indeed

you guys showed us the "performance potential" of the platforms and c5s are still way cool (I prefer the tiger shark front and specter werks rear)

thanks for posting about the car, technology and time march on.
Thank you! My road race car is a C5 so I'm still in the clan! Although it looks like a C6....

Originally Posted by C5 Pete
Holy ****... good luck with the new ride. But damn, this makes me sad.
It was a tough decision Pete, I sold the green Camaro also to the same person who bought it for his son to race, so I'll still take some passes in that car too. Win-win!. I was literally looking at your thread jealously with the progress you are making knowing that would take me months to get done. I made a spreadsheet of how many hours I needed to finish the vert the way I wanted it and it came in around 300 hours, there is always a big build here that the customer is patiently waiting on so putting that kind of time into my own car is just not feasible. Plus I think I would have an upset customer if my car is getting done and the paying customer is not, understandably.
SmoothFRC (06-05-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 05:34 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

speaking of c5s and old tech You all still support the Haltech platinum s2000 installs on c5?

How about it??? pm me or me thinks brent get's this one.

Get notified of new replies

To End of an era for me, sold my C5 vert.

Quick Reply: End of an era for me, sold my C5 vert.