C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good CR for FI

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:32 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy007
Here’s the short version the ls9 will rotate more off the crank to move more at a lower cr !
It’s a balancer on the number side to hp!

He also runs boost which is gonna take advantage of the power advances in the mid range !
WHAT

Your so awesome Brett ! I want to be just like you one day bud ! Um not ! I would track any of you if I actually cared enough to prove some masculine point that’s honestly not making me any money worth while !

But with all your insults how could someone ever be friends with such a creature! And actually have fun tracking and sharing ideas you can’t because people like you exist to down play on everything that’s not your opinion! Can you read that ?
IN

That and I haven’t recommended nothing I already don’t run myself ! Would you like my parts list with pictures . Reckless and dangerous ya I guess people view are different. I seem to think of it as expanding my horizons! Anyways the Op knows well enough lowering compression is a useful choice in terms of longevity.When using forced induction! I apologize if I somehow offended you by expressing my own views on his 9.7 or 8.8 !
THE

Hence the Op is making 9lbs of boost ! Why in the world would you need a compression value of only 8.8 if your target boost isn’t 25 lbs or better ! That’s why the whole elaborate run off even took place ! He is building a 383 !
ACTUAL

The compression ratio of the engine is one of three key factors in determining the engine's cylinder pressure. The other two are the duration of the camshaft (at . 050" lifter rise) and the position of the cam in the engine (advanced or retarded).

Again I have no idea! Boy you need a role model !

Can I get another what I’m sorry folks if your not understanding the mathematical values I’m trying to relay operations the best I can because . I wise man once said Once you made your 1st modification all the rest has to be modified to make everything work in unison!

Well this man has no right to insult me and I won’t stand for it or keep quiet ! If he he don’t like my views oh well honestly! I’m not asking for any of you to believe or try them! So why get so offended in the 1st place if it’s what has worked for me maybe doesn’t work for others. I respect that! This is a open discussion where people may verse their opinion freely last I check we live in America where we have freedom of speech do we not ?
ARE

Cam and crank correlation

Read up on it folks maybe one day we can actually have a meaningful conversation with some intellectual value !
YOU

I often let people dig out there own wrongs until I just state facts upon fiction !
TALKING
Then you begin to think maybe his timing isn’t as retarded as we think ! He must be running some good fuel if you get my English
ABOUT

With !

YOU

I’m beginning to think that non of you have a sense of humor and must be smoker due to your lack a reasoning skills ! Again just a small observation!

I do understand how most introverts aren’t extroverted and often have weird ways of developing friendships! But that’s not related to compression ratios ! Oh wait it could be and it is associated because it requires a vast knowledge and understanding at above mathematical level! I bet if we stuck a mathematician on a engine build he would end up making a significant efficient change because why the obvious numbers don’t line up . This why engine efficiency has improved a thousand percent over decades because there were clearly flaws in the math whether it be in valves angles or compression ratios ! when you do something called a cross check ! Ever heard the term! So if you break it down as a whole into a equation and with virtual software you can start to fiddle around ! My self I actually prefer to listen to what the car needs and build off that! I say there nothin better then your own intuition. There was a time people argued senseless over fuel injection vs carbs and jets. There was also a time when people spit and rubbed dirt on a open wound!

Did I get a A + in my grammar skills lol ! Or a big F for ___________! Use your imagination folks!

Best of luck on your cr choice Op! Either way you go I hope it works out swell!
MAKE

The understanding you folks are missing is and it’s formula !

centripetal force because this is just how the engine was based to run ! All were doing is keeping mass in orbit around a central axis point! Because it all works in sync to compress and decompress the load to stay on its axis ! When your start changing your force your changing rotation values which can be compensated at its central axis (camshaft ) in this scenario! Making more sense yet?

Should we go into the compound pulley system and gab about vertical and horizontal another formula based off its design of ??? Any guesses? That same force to make tension ,inertia , speed and velocity! Schooled I guess huh !
ZERO SENSE. Stop talking out of your *** and copy and pasting irrelevant **** from other sites. It's very clear when you copy and paste something because those are the only posts that we can actually read.
The following 2 users liked this post by Turpid porpoise:
hatewhatownsyou (02-07-2020), heggsc5 (01-29-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 08:38 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

It's not that we don't understand the "mathematical values," we don't understand a single word you are saying because you can't spell, misuse grammar and punctuation and regularly change topics mid-sentence. You swore that an Vararam plenum somehow made your blower more efficient.... nuff said? "It's a balancer to the number side to hp!" What the hell does that even mean? "Your so awesome Bret." While I agree with this statement it's actually "you're" like "you ******* are." Nobody is offended by what you are spewing, we just don't want someone who doesn't know any better to listen to you and ruin their own project. "Cam and crank correlation," I would love to hear more about this from your perspective. You think you "state facts over fiction" but you just continuously state your under-informed opinions over facts, not same same.

The compression ratio of the engine is one of three key factors in determining the engine's cylinder pressure. The other two are the duration of the camshaft (at . 050" lifter rise) and the position of the cam in the engine (advanced or retarded).

Again I have no idea! Boy you need a role model !
Clearly copy and pasted from this link.... http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w..._compatibility

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 01-28-2020 at 09:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mykream (02-26-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 08:42 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

The understanding you folks are missing is and it’s formula !

centripetal force because this is just how the engine was based to run ! All were doing is keeping mass in orbit around a central axis point! Because it all works in sync to compress and decompress the load to stay on its axis ! When your start changing your force your changing rotation values which can be compensated at its central axis (camshaft ) in this scenario! Making more sense yet?

Should we go into the compound pulley system and gab about vertical and horizontal another formula based off its design of ??? Any guesses? That same force to make tension ,inertia , speed and velocity! Schooled I guess huh !
Man, I've got to apologize. You really know your stuff! I want to hear more about the centipedal forces. Can you show how that math works in an engine?

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 01-28-2020 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Spelled centipedal wrong
Old 01-28-2020, 08:49 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I want to hear more about the centipede forces.

Last edited by Podium; 01-28-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:24 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Man, don't be like that. He's got some good info to share. I want to see the math!
Old 01-28-2020, 12:46 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

Received 183 Likes on 165 Posts

Again there are Dynamic and static forces involved?
So again folks it’s not all about static compression and decompression! From the cylinder only!

Back to the top where the definition lays clear !

anyways op if your running a 9.7 but a 8.8 is like a old school v8 this why they only got 5-8 mpg because the compression off that stroke isn’t nearly what i is today ! Therefore lowering it the engine will suffer before the boost gets there at 3200! Pls do some research on older engines and why they were so inefficient! The better you can make your ratio as in higher the better. And it’s best to keep it below 12 or you will have to switch fuel to for detonation issues above that !
Old 01-28-2020, 12:49 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Again there are Dynamic and static forces involved?
So again folks it’s not all about static compression and decompression! From the cylinder only!

Back to the top where the definition lays clear !

anyways op if your running a 9.7 but a 8.8 is like a old school v8 this why they only got 5-8 mpg because the compression off that stroke isn’t nearly what i is today ! Therefore lowering it the engine will suffer before the boost gets there at 3200! Pls do some research on older engines and why they were so inefficient! The better you can make your ratio as in higher the better. And it’s best to keep it below 12 or you will have to switch fuel to for detonation issues above that !

Where do you keep getting this 3200 number for when boost kicks in? Is this one of the many legs that make up Centipede Forces? If so, that makes sense that it’s part of the equation.

mykream (02-26-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 01:08 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

With this force involves suction needs air tight vacuum in order to perform most efficient. Modification to your vacuum pull obviously creates more volume metric area ! Hence vara plenum wait until you have seen my volant dual air plenum off the AA I must really have lost it pulling more air in ! And using a ls9 cam to smooth out !
Old 01-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

Centi also refers to 100 it’s why the USA currency is based of cents anyways should have to take you back to 1st grade on that 1

A centipede is also a arthropod ! Not a insect by the way
If you were referring legs in the picture spiders have 8 legs that could resemble you piston arms or rods again which ever word fits you best ! I’m not here for a vobcab or grammatical experience!

Last edited by Speedy007; 01-28-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:18 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

Whatever my spelling is off sometimes oh well. You guys already know by this point I fat finger a lot of **** !
Old 01-28-2020, 01:54 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Man, I've got to apologize. You really know your stuff! I want to hear more about the centipedal forces. Can you show how that math works in an engine?

Given...your a smart man I shouldn’t have to relate the same mathematics don’t differ only the various variables on how much you would like to scale it ! You see the compound pulley and engines is a very clever design . However how much deep details thoughts went into it to make it all work together . Whether you were lowering or increasing the cr you still need a cam choice this relation is why sir the part relationship exist . I like fundamentals because with out spark for say you don’t have a compression or rotation. No duration to maintain!
Old 01-28-2020, 02:01 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

In my eye if we moved past this other bs then 8.8 or the 9.8 will be much more fuel rich and how can you calculate the constant zillion variations in suction air pull you can predict a fuels quality . The less fuel need to ignite the better end of story! you can figure how to run it without thinking of a faster way to crank your pistons with a already bigger crank thank you . Before you know it bang because that 8.8 didn’t have a faster starting point nor the cam to handle the kick back !
Old 01-28-2020, 02:12 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks

Anyways 91 anyways best economic is 10-11 after 12-14 that it just won’t work! I don’t where I was trying to lead anyone into a disaster . A 8.8 would and that’s why they are not produced anymore . Because they pollute! If he wants to build a. NON gas efficient car it’s up to him ! I don’t want to be socking out to drive mine and lack power !

Last edited by Speedy007; 01-28-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:29 PM
jattz06
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

What the hell is going on
mykream (02-26-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:31 PM
jattz06
Pro

The following 2 users liked this post by jattz06:
mykream (02-26-2020), ZZ06 (02-27-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:33 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jattz06
what the hell is going on

mothafuc kin centipede forces
Old 01-28-2020, 02:37 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

The following 2 users liked this post by neutron82:
heggsc5 (01-29-2020), mykream (02-26-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Good CR for FI

Old 01-28-2020, 02:38 PM
jattz06
Pro

Originally Posted by neutron82
lmao
Old 01-28-2020, 02:43 PM
Speedy007
Melting Slicks