C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C compressor replacement with A&A supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:14 AM
YELLO C5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A/C compressor replacement with A&A supercharger

2000 with an A&A kit. I don't have time to try changing out the A/C compressor myself so I'll probably end up taking it to a shop. I think the A/C compressor is leaking. I've seen a thread about replacement and it they took it out the front after taking out the water pump. Besides the Vortech head unit, what else needs to come off? The A&A brackets? Would it be easier to take the headers and starter motor out and remove it that way? That's a bit of a PITA, too.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 08:34 PM
dopefedz
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I just swapped mine out a couple of weeks ago. Had to remove the blower and the water pump. With the water pump in place there is no room to pull the compressor out. Ive seen a guy online mention jacking up the motor on the passenger side but I didn't feel like messing with that.
The following users liked this post:
YELLO C5 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 03:37 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

I've also seen a guy on YouTube remove passenger side mount and jack motor up and pull it out. Not sure with blower brackets though.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:02 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

One tip. There’s a bolt on the back that best to remove with 2feet worth of extensions cranking from the bellhousing area.

Its been a while since I’ve done it. Saw someone else do it previously and it came in handy when it was my turn.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:41 AM
YELLO C5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Had a local shop take a look since I was hoping to take the car on a road trip this weekend. They confirmed the compressor is leaking but wouldn't work on it with the blower on the car. Guess I've got a winter project. Probably change out the 130k water pump while at it. Maybe change the cam since I have a 2-piece timing chain cover. Damn scope creep.

Get notified of new replies

To A/C compressor replacement with A&A supercharger

Quick Reply: A/C compressor replacement with A&A supercharger