C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 04:59 PM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Cooling

You guys running twin turbos what temps are you seeing in 90 degree weather. Considering a Dewitts radiator for my C5. What temp reduction can I expect. Today up to 221 cruising at 65 mph
Old 05-29-2018, 07:05 PM
BMERETR
Keep The Shiny Sine Up
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDog
You guys running twin turbos what temps are you seeing in 90 degree weather. Considering a Dewitts radiator for my C5. What temp reduction can I expect. Today up to 221 cruising at 65 mph
The fans in our cars turn off at 35 MPH no matter what the temp is and wont re start until you go slower than 35

With HP Tuners you can set the fan on and off speed to something like 200 MPH then the system will work with the temp settings

this solved most of my heat issues
I also run a Twin turbo and have a massive intercooler up front slowing air flow at freeway speeds
The following users liked this post:
TheBigDog (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 07:25 PM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks I did not know that about fans and speed

QUOTE=BMERETR;1597299057]The fans in our cars turn off at 35 MPH no matter what the temp is and wont re start until you go slower than 35

With HP Tuners you can set the fan on and off speed to something like 200 MPH then the system will work with the temp settings

this solved most of my heat issues
I also run a Twin turbo and have a massive intercooler up front slowing air flow at freeway speeds[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling

Quick Reply: Cooling