C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATI Programming problem ---- please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 03:05 PM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ATI Programming problem ---- please help

I continue to have a programming problem...At 5400-5800 there is a noticable miss, which has been present since the install this spring..The drop which is about 60 hp,also recovers at 5800.The ls1 edit program has been done, it seems like all the #s where looked at but to no avail...Can someone post the dyno graph if i e-mail it to them?There is no belt slippage...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :(
Old 10-08-2002, 06:29 PM
R6_C5_CLS55
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: ATI Programming problem ---- please help (dbvettez06)

I don't know what to tell you to check, but I think if you call Ed Wright at Fastchip (918) 446 3019 he will be able to help you diagnose your problem. I had a severe programming problem (with SuperChips) after I got my ATI installed. Superchips and ATI were not interested in helping me fix it, so I called Ed on the recommendation of other CF members. I ended up taking my car to him for a dyno tune session and within 4 hours, he had my car running like it should. I picked up major HP and torque across the board and lost the crazy dip in the curves that were happening at 4300 RPM.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 440 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: ATI Programming problem ---- please help (R6_C5_ML430)

My recommendation would be to find somebody with a "Scan Tool" take the car out for a drive and run the misfire test. When the misfire happens it will show on a graph on the "Scan Tool". It will tell you which bank it is on. It could be something as simple as a cracked plug, faulty wire, or even a bad coil pack. First identify which cyclinder it is on.

It could be KR too, maybe a bad knock sensor or you need to desensitize the knock sensors a little. Maybe you are getting some false detonization or detonization and it is causing you problems...but I would expect this would trigger or throw some codes vs. no code with a bad plug, coil, or wire.

I cracked a plug during my header install this weekend and the car would run fine until around 4500 rpm's then it would cut out, but when I let off the throttle it would pick up and I could hit to redline and then it would do it again.
I hooked up a scan tool because I thought it was a wire or plug, burned the crap out of my finger on the headers prior too, because that damn Swaintech coating doesn't radiate any heat (a good thing). It gave me a false sense of security working around the plugs because it didn't feel hot, and then my finger touched on of the long tube and fried my finger and I mean fried...beyond the point of pain.

Anyway, I took a drive with the scan tool plugged in, and when the mis-fire occured it showed which cyclinder it was on (#6), I pulled the plug and it was cracked. I replaced it and it now runs great. Hope some of this helps. Good Luck.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:37 PM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

I assume you have already done this, but you might want to make sure you are not loosing fuel pressure. My stock pump is not keeping up at about that rpm.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:58 PM
SomeDay
Instructor

I can post the dyno graph.

fivaxis@***.net
Old 10-09-2002, 11:01 AM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

R6C5ML430: Ed Wright would be a great idea but the distance would be a 1000 mile drive

ShinobisZ : When they where doing the programming last week, they had a scanner hooked up looking at all the parameters, they just could not see anything...But, i will personally pull the plugs and check them out, easier with the headers..

Quicksilver: we put in an upgraded fuel pump from Lingenfelter in the spring, when we saw a lean condition at higher rpms..

Will be taking the car back to ARE next week, still looking for a solution and i appreciate the ideas..
:cheers:
Old 10-09-2002, 11:23 AM
R6_C5_CLS55
Burning Brakes

I didn't mean for you to take your car there. I meant that if you call him, he might be able to give you some suggestions as to what is wrong or things to look for that might lead you in the right direction. Also, he might be willing to take a look at an AutoTap (or similar) log (and maybe even an LS1 edit file) and give you an opinion. Ed really knows GM cars, so I think it is worth a phone call.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:16 PM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

Default Re: ATI Programming problem ---- please help (R6_C5_ML430)

Hey thanks i will give him a call.. :cheers: Talked to John at Ed Wrights ..He was very helpful, and suggested we could call him when the tuning is being done..Also mentioned he had experienced another 01 that had similar problems, which they had looked at..Still looking for any other suggestions..

[Modified by dbvettez06, 9:57 AM 10/10/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To ATI Programming problem ---- please help

Quick Reply: ATI Programming problem ---- please help