C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One of our good guys had a bad wreck

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 01:56 PM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

that is incredible you walked away. glad to hear youre healing and going to be ok. sucks they didnt catch who cut you off.

i bought a RSD 6 pt bolt in roll bar. i bought it because i was planning on getting into half mile racing and this shows it was a sound investment for safety i hope i or anyone else ever needs.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

You were endorsing that bar almost exactly two months ago in my thread when I was asking about a bar for a vert to run quarter miles, you didn't have to prove to me it would work! I trust and respect your opinion as I have read lots of your posts and you are always helpful and informative!

But in all seriousness I'm very happy for you and your family in this holiday season that you are in one piece, I hope you recover fully and stay safe. More than that bar saved your life

Thank you for posting your experience, it will help us all, as your posts always do.

Thanks
Adam

Last edited by Forcedvert; 12-25-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:10 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I have been thinking about a roll cage for my C6. Now I think I will get one. I was just thinking about it because they won't let verts on my local track without one. Now it makes sense for every day driving.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:46 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm just glad you are alive and going to make it buddy.

Cars can be rebuilt or replaced. Lives can't.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:24 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Matt from the pic,s I am glad you did have the roll bar in the car. I just can't believe so many people just went by and didn't stop to try to help.
Well glad the truck driver stop and help a little any way.

To bad you didn't get a tag number of the crazy fool. Buddy just take it easy & get better. I will talk with you in a few man..Robert
Old 12-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Yellow03Z06
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you are ok Matt. The car can be replaced but your life can't. Someone was definetly looking down on you.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:12 PM
tmatthews
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope you heal up well Matt. Keep your head up, things will get better.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:46 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

WOW Matt, so sorry this happened to you. Glad you're still alive, and thank God for the roll bar, one of the first mods I did to my C5. Please let me know if there's something I can do, no promises, but I'll try to help you out if I can!!

I've got as a H/C C6, it's a stick, and I'm not quite ready to sell, but who know...

Please get well soon, nobody does better write-ups then you.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:05 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you are still around to post pics. Hope you heal swiftly!
Old 12-25-2015, 09:53 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

At first when I started reading I thought it was at the track and the other guy crossed the center line- wow- on the street. Glad you were able to walk away.
Best of luck for a quick recovery...
Old 12-26-2015, 07:33 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

So glad your OK!.......Really can't believe how fxcked up people are now a days! I would try to see if there were camera's where you were at!!!! I've been thinking about a cage for a while this is a little hint to get it! Get well brotha!!!
Old 12-26-2015, 10:31 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well that sucks, but good to read you walked away
Old 12-26-2015, 10:40 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by skull
that is incredible you walked away. glad to hear youre healing and going to be ok. sucks they didnt catch who cut you off.

i bought a RSD 6 pt bolt in roll bar. i bought it because i was planning on getting into half mile racing and this shows it was a sound investment for safety i hope i or anyone else ever needs.
That is well worth it and a great investment - a new Roll-Bar is the first purchase I make for my new Vette too!

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
You were endorsing that bar almost exactly two months ago in my thread when I was asking about a bar for a vert to run quarter miles, you didn't have to prove to me it would work! I trust and respect your opinion as I have read lots of your posts and you are always helpful and informative!

But in all seriousness I'm very happy for you and your family in this holiday season that you are in one piece, I hope you recover fully and stay safe. More than that bar saved your life

Thank you for posting your experience, it will help us all, as your posts always do.

Thanks
Adam
You're welcome and I really appreciate it Adam!

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
I have been thinking about a roll cage for my C6. Now I think I will get one. I was just thinking about it because they won't let verts on my local track without one. Now it makes sense for every day driving.
Get it and Wolfe has it for the C6 as well, if you decide to go with them - in the C5 drop down box it has the C6's listed there or just call and talk to Brian -Tell him Matt sent you "ALL"!

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I'm just glad you are alive and going to make it buddy.

Cars can be rebuilt or replaced. Lives can't.
Me too and I agree! Thank you so much

Originally Posted by robert miller
Matt from the pic,s I am glad you did have the roll bar in the car. I just can't believe so many people just went by and didn't stop to try to help.
Well glad the truck driver stop and help a little any way.

To bad you didn't get a tag number of the crazy fool. Buddy just take it easy & get better. I will talk with you in a few man..Robert
Me too Robert - I wish I could of gotten the truck operators name and number, I feel I owe him a lot! and I really mean that!

Originally Posted by Yellow03Z06
Glad you are ok Matt. The car can be replaced but your life can't. Someone was definetly looking down on you.
Thank you so much Ivan and I really appreciated the text buddy!

Originally Posted by tmatthews
Hope you heal up well Matt. Keep your head up, things will get better.
Healing as well as can be expected and so good so far, thank you so much!

Thanks,Matt
Old 12-26-2015, 10:45 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
WOW Matt, so sorry this happened to you. Glad you're still alive, and thank God for the roll bar, one of the first mods I did to my C5. Please let me know if there's something I can do, no promises, but I'll try to help you out if I can!!

I've got as a H/C C6, it's a stick, and I'm not quite ready to sell, but who know...

Please get well soon, nobody does better write-ups then you.
Thank you so much Joel and I appreciate it very much, your Vette I wouldn't hesitate to get from you, the only thing I need a Auto -
But I appreciate the words and offer so very much buddy!

Originally Posted by MawneeC5
Glad you are still around to post pics. Hope you heal swiftly!
Thank you buddy! Me too!

Originally Posted by oh1vette
At first when I started reading I thought it was at the track and the other guy crossed the center line- wow- on the street. Glad you were able to walk away.
Best of luck for a quick recovery...
No, it was the double yellow on the 'Freeway', not even the street - I appreciate the words of encouragement!

Originally Posted by fisher auto
So glad your OK!.......Really can't believe how fxcked up people are now a days! I would try to see if there were camera's where you were at!!!! I've been thinking about a cage for a while this is a little hint to get it! Get well brotha!!!
And the world will only get worse - but there are good people out there - here on the forum and elsewhere - Get that Roll-Bar or Cage!!!!

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Well that sucks, but good to read you walked away
Thank you buddy and I tend to agree with you!
Has anyone heard from Arun? He helped me so much too!

Thanks,Matt
Old 12-26-2015, 11:55 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by jleews6
Glad your ok Matt. Scary stuff indeed.

To let alone survive that and still be with your family is a blessing in itself. Happy holidays and a speedy recovery and return to the road.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:34 PM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Sorry buddy. Good thing is you are ok. The car can be replaced
Old 12-26-2015, 05:13 PM
76gsvet
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope your recovery is speedy!! Thanks for the reality flash hopefully this saves another life!! I know what's going in my car...

Get notified of new replies

To One of our good guys had a bad wreck

Old 12-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,580 Likes on 666 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Matt, Best wishes for a speedy recovery !! Could you tell us.. was your roll bar mild steel or chromoly? God Bless and Get Well Wishes !!
Old 12-26-2015, 07:39 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Shirl
Matt, Best wishes for a speedy recovery !! Could you tell us.. was your roll bar mild steel or chromoly? God Bless and Get Well Wishes !!
Shirl,

Thank you. ☺
It was mild steel.

Thanks, Matt
Old 12-26-2015, 08:25 PM
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Looking at the pics first, one would not believe you walked away from that roll over.

I've seen some bad wrecks on the track and that is right up there with them. So glad to hear no serious injuries.

Speedy recovery and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Quick Reply: One of our good guys had a bad wreck