C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner in Florida for FI car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 05:39 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason913

google c7 record then slap yourself. kthanks
You talk like a teeny bop little girl. "kthanks".

Comparing a twin turbo c7 to an NA c7... **** is hilarious that it's faster by half a second though. All that time and money for nothing
What's even funnier is that you're too stupid to realize that the link you provided is not of an NA car. The C7 Z06 is supercharged, and that one is modified. You didn't even know the C7 Z comes with a blower from the factory.

You just got your azz handed to you, kid. You're completly clueless.

As far as slow car, where are your videos and timeslips? I have mine. Internet warrior that hasn't accomplished crap. Just a little nutswinger.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
yep....Phil IS Tampa Tuning.... ...sorry inside joke
Ok, thanks ...I figured I was missing something.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys just out of interest anyone used Vinci hp in Orlando area .

Always popped in there while on holiday in Florida to pick up pre ordered parts , real nice guys and seemed more than capable on any work needing doing . Think Joe the vp used to be on here ?

Op hope you get it all sorted ASAP

Old 06-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
Hey guys just out of interest anyone used Vinci hp in Orlando area .

Always popped in there while on holiday in Florida to pick up pre ordered parts , real nice guys and seemed more than capable on any work needing doing . Think Joe the vp used to be on here ?

Op hope you get it all sorted ASAP

Well I have several recommendations for tuners within a few hours drive, I have an appointment tuesday for some dyno time in my town , hopefully we can get the info my current tuner needs to sort this out, it's been way too long to get to this point! either way I will be finding a local Florida tuner going forward.

Or get the stuff I need to do it myself with a little help from some good fellows on here.

Last edited by Forcedvert; 06-19-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:23 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool mate , I know exactly where your at , I'm waiting on news from my tuner , think he keeps pushing mine into a corner and doing everyone else's car first

If $hit comes to push I will have to get my head round remote tuning with bret

Let's just say I wish I lived in Florida

Old 06-21-2015, 05:28 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey Adam here's that video. I also replied (twice to your email) Just to recap you said you cleaned the MAF, checked all plug wires (they all Check out). You said that sometimes (if the car gets past 4,500) it will pull clean to redline. Being that the tune don't change, I'm still leaning toward a mechanical or electrical issue. Do you have or maybe have a friend who has an extra MAF sensor you can try?
Attached Files

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 06-21-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Hey Adam here's that video. I also replied (twice to your email) Just to recap you said you cleaned the MAF, checked all plug wires (they all Check out). You said that sometimes (if the car gets past 4,500) it will pull clean to redline. Being that the tune don't change, I'm still leaning toward a mechanical or electrical issue. Do you have or maybe have a friend who has an extra MAF sensor you can try?
Thanks for loading video, does it work for you? I doesn't work on my iPad.
Anyway it did this with a brand new out of box MAF, the plugs were older but only slightly, 20 min of run time maybe. So I never tried brand new plugs with brand new MAF at same time! Car is definitely running extremely rich, no codes, I was wondering about O2 sensors and cats from running so rich?
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Adam
Old 06-21-2015, 01:41 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah the video works for me. I uploaded it from my iPhone.

I use google chrome (much better browser than safari)

O2 sensors, I'm not sure. when you go wide open throttle, the car goes into open loop and the 02 sensors shut off. Your car seems to be running just fine at part throttle cruising. It I'd hate to see you throw parts at it.

Things like this is where owning your own HP Tuners VCM suit pro could come in handy. Often times the scanner alone is worth the money spent. You would be able to data log and see if the 02 sensors are switching among many other things. It might be the best 650 bucks you ever spent. :-). I owned mine before ever having a corvette and it's something I'll never get rid of.

Under what type of driving conditions is it running rich? How do you know it's rich? And how rich is rich?

Didn't know you still have cats. Do you have a way to run without a cat just to see what happens?

Am I mistaken when I say it seems that the car cruises around just fine under normal cruising conditions?
Old 06-21-2015, 01:48 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Ooh yeah... What plugs and plug gap are you running?
Old 06-21-2015, 01:52 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I just uploaded your video to YouTube.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:54 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Can you roll into the throttle very easily and see if it will go to redline?
Old 06-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Ooh yeah... What plugs and plug gap are you running?
Plugs are ngk tr6 gapped at .037 (probably right out of box). It seems rich all the time to me as I have driven it normally and get strong gas smell as well as fouling plugs quickly. I don't have access to the data from logging to tell you anything black and white. I can drive around fine if I stay out of it but seems like gas is just gushing through it. I accelerated slowly through this bad range and still got the surging? If I neutral rev car, it does not do it. Could this be caused by the trans or tc, both are new from rpm. What about blow off valve problems?

Thanks
Adam
Old 06-22-2015, 04:30 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
Plugs are ngk tr6 gapped at .037 (probably right out of box). It seems rich all the time to me as I have driven it normally and get strong gas smell as well as fouling plugs quickly. I don't have access to the data from logging to tell you anything black and white. I can drive around fine if I stay out of it but seems like gas is just gushing through it. I accelerated slowly through this bad range and still got the surging? If I neutral rev car, it does not do it. Could this be caused by the trans or tc, both are new from rpm. What about blow off valve problems?

Thanks
Adam
Car is an Auto? How much boost does your car make? I'm asking about boost because maybe you are pegging out the mad sensor. However I think this is something that would have been noticed during the initial tuning. So I don't know.

We could throw ideas at this all day long, but you're going to end up having to find a way to scan the car. Otherwise you're going to keep throwing parts at it. At that rate you may throw the right part at it and fix the problem or you may not. That's why the best way is to scan.

Summary,

The car does pull to redline if it gets past 4500 rpm. The car was tuned and drove fine for a period of time before acting up. Base on this information, I'm still not convinced just yet that there's a tune issue. At least not one to cause the issue you seem to be having.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 06-22-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Thanks mike, car is going in Tuesday for a scan and run on dynyo, I realize it could be lots of things, but was killing time and looking for ideas on what it could be based in symptoms.
Thanks again
Car is automatic by the way.
Adam
Old 06-23-2015, 08:46 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Good deal man! Hope you get it figured out. Keep us posted!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:32 AM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ONE BMF
STAY AWAY FROM MIKE NORRIS AT ALL COSTS - YEAH HE TRAVELS TO RIP OFF PEOPLE---He's a bold two faced liar and criminal trash.He ripped me off for 400 bucks and hrs wasted time and travel.This was years ago but he still a focking thief in my book and always will be.He took my car off to a place I COULDN'T GO for a dyno tune, for reasons i'll call BS and didn't tune my car. HE DIDN'T DO SQUAT TO MY TUNE. I found out later from another tuner, who's dyno i use, who had my previous tune on file at his shop.BUSTED NORRIS YOU LYING SCUMBAG He just gave me a dyno sheet that was a phony when he got back, refused to discuss anything with me about it. I smelled something rotten with asshat immediately and at that moment.You know who i am you scumbag norris. HEY NORRIS GO FOCK YOURSELF YOU LYING SCUMBAG, i ever see you again i'll fock you up beyond recognition you bastard !
Well, this is news to me and since I had not heard of any issues like this from anyone I guess this is the first time it has been brought up. It would be easier to figure it out if I had a name and date when I did the calibration as well as why you had me go through it. I will be back that way in October if you want to discuss it face to face.

Mike Norris

Quick Reply: Best tuner in Florida for FI car.