C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

manufacture warranty and heavily aftermarket moddified cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:06 PM
master blaster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default manufacture warranty and heavily aftermarket moddified cars?

Hey guys,

What company has the best reputation for fixing a broken part under warranty...but the customer has a ton of after market modifications?

I am looking to buy a new toy...but heard a few things about different manufactures....that will void the warranty if they scan or detect aftermarket mods...

Please give me a few suggestions that are proven time and time again
to be hassle free.....?

The Audi dealer told me they are very strict and won't warranty if they detect mods..... SO THATS OFF MY LIST!!

I am looking into a couple of options....please feel free to offer some suggestions....AND I LOVE A GOOD BANG FOR UR BUCK PURCHASE

SL65
S65
911 TWIN TURBO
VIPER
C7 ZO6
BMW M6
BENTLY
LAMBORGINI ....ETC

AND MANY MORE ....any suggestions to ease my stress?

thanks guys!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:16 PM
JT FRC 00
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly if you can afford any of those cars list, and afford to modify any of them I believe you can afford to have it fixed. Under warranty or not. Just saying....
Old 05-28-2015, 06:39 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't know of any manufacturers warrantying modded cars. GM can tell if you flashed the ECM and will void your warranty in a heartbeat if they catch it, from what I've been told.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Just buy two of them and only mod one.

Haha

I would think some of those on the list don't need many mods!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

First, they have to prove the aftermarket part is what caused the failure. Just because it's on there, doesn't automatically void the warranty.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:44 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mrr23
First, they have to prove the aftermarket part is what caused the failure.
Absolutely untrue. They don't have to prove anything. This isn't a criminal court. It's a stealership and they can do whatever they choose. Then if you don't like it, you can raise hell to their corporate office and try court if that doesn't work out. They still don't have to prove anything.
Now there is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, but it doesn't mean they can't tell you to pound sand, forcing you to hire a lawyer to make things right. Been there, done that.

Eric, you may or may not get a warranty honored when modding. If you don't and you're willing to spend all of your time and money trying to fight a warranty denial then..... Look up the Magnuson-Moss warranty act and try spewing the facts of the law all over the place if you feel it's necessary, but it might not all be worth it in the end if you end up spending 10k to fight a 2k warranty denial.
Nobody is going to tell you how it's going to go down. Only how it can go down and if you're willing for it to go either way, good or bad, regardless of the financial possibilities, then you're making an educated decision. That's really the best you can do. If you DO decide to mod the car and end up taking it in for a warranty, I might suggest you bring everyone up there some treats.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 06-01-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:09 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

my statement is completely true. i didn't say you might not have a fight on your hands. just because you put aftermarket parts on the car doesn't automatically void the warranty.

if you put headers on the car and the intake manifold develops a leak, the headers have absolutely nothing to do with that issue. so again, they have to prove the aftermarket part caused the failure.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:08 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Are there even any C5's still under manufacturer warranty?
Old 06-07-2015, 02:23 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

he might be asking about extended warranties.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:41 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Maybe.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Maybe.
He listed the cars in his thread, one was a c7 z06 , not sure that needs many mods? 911 tt mods? whaaat are you talkin about?

To me... if your gonna play, your gonna pay, sooner or later

Pointed out earlier, if you can afford one of these cars you should be able to afford to get it fixed warranty or not!

Or buy someone's 1000 hp + built c5 or c6 and save the cash. Scrap it if it blows and buy another one.

Last edited by Forcedvert; 06-07-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Big Jt
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think GMPP covers the car... or at least they did back when i had or cared about a warranty in the early 2000's
Old 06-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Jt
I think GMPP covers the car... or at least they did back when i had or cared about a warranty in the early 2000's
Yep they did. I had the 50K GMPP warranty.

At 45K miles I put a A&A kit on my car. At 49,450 blew #7 ringland and chunked hole in piston and ruined block. Im like damn, but wait...its under warranty still!
I took all the blower stuff off the car cept for the blower oil feed line and drain line but tucked them out of site. Threw stock tune back on it and limped it to shop that worked on Vettes. You dont have to take it to the dealer for GMPP warranty work as stated in the papers.
Shop called GM and they sent 2 GM guys out to check out engine and they approved cutting me a check for over 6K for cost of a new GM LS6 shortblock and labor of shop tearing old engine down and transferring good parts to shortblock and re-installing engine and all owrk related to it. The GM guys said obviously it wasnt owners fault what happened as the engine was stock. LOL I had a forged shortblock built, new clutch with extra cash leftover from their check, so thank you GMPP for a forged motor and clutch under warranty!

Also have done warranty work on heavily modded GT-R as well.

There are lots of ways to skin a cat, you only need to know 1 of them.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 06-10-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To manufacture warranty and heavily aftermarket moddified cars?

Quick Reply: manufacture warranty and heavily aftermarket moddified cars?