C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok running out of patients! Looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 03:50 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
takes 10 tuners to find someone who can do it...then find one with communication...then find someone who can do driveability...

best advice I can give is buy hp tuners and have a tuner remote tune it if it has no mechanical issues...

best 600 I spent

there are not many tuners out there that can tune a c5 auto supercharged correctly...

get yourself a alky dual meth kit and tune on 93 best cheapest way to go(with the right tuner)

I can PM u 2 that can but there not cheap

I know I will get blasted for my post as usual but I probably have the fastest c5 4l60 car that drives 100% stock...took me a lot of stress and drama to get there but I did not give up and in the end I won and very very happy with my car and all the work was a sucess
Ignoring all the rest of the BS coming from you...

If you read the first post, he has been trying to get a remote tune....rather badly.

And the assumption there is no mechanical issues...is the very reason remote tuning is bad.

Especially when without a wideband, you're giving that remote tuner very limited information to work with. So it's almost a complete waste of time and money

Hence the only sensible option is to take the car to a competent tuner to sort it.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:51 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Old 05-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here goes a perfectly good thread someone asking for help and being hijacked once again with BS. You guys should take your BS to PM's or to one of the clowns threads that is all strictly BS from the get go.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 05-23-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Ignoring all the rest of the BS coming from you...

If you read the first post, he has been trying to get a remote tune....rather badly.

And the assumption there is no mechanical issues...is the very reason remote tuning is bad.

Especially when without a wideband, you're giving that remote tuner very limited information to work with. So it's almost a complete waste of time and money

Hence the only sensible option is to take the car to a competent tuner to sort it.
The remote tune was always supposed to be temporary, but due to bad timing and the lack of any sort of urgancy by my mechanic to have car ready when his tuner was going to be in town it never made it to dyno.
About 4 months of the last two years was due to me figuring out what I wanted. The rest of the time is actual shop time waiting for this and that with no comprehensive planning to get it done.
I have to take some of the blame because I let it go on so long. Like I said earlier I was kind of asleep at the wheel. As far as mechanical issues I have no idea? My motor is new, trans is new, no noises or codes, pulls scary hard with new plugs, but not for long.
If you guys remember not long ago I was asking how much heat would effect performance, because I noticed my car was not as strong as it was when I first got it back, I thought it was the heat because after new trans was installed it was a good 20* hotter here, my mechanic thought it felt fine. I think you were one of the guys who didn't think it was the heat I was noticing ....well.... you were correct I should have woke up then
Anyway I will get it to tuner soon, one way or another
Old 05-23-2015, 06:38 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Probably way to simple but I saw no mention of what plugs are being used. Maybe too cold?
Old 05-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Yellow03Z06
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is great fun to read.

OP, you need more patience and the patients will come.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:44 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Seriously. New build, lots of new parts etc...

Get it to a competent and reputable tuner.

No codes means nothing, there could be mechanical issues and you need a one stop shop who can check everything over if you arent able to diagnose and check things yourself prior to going to the tuner.

Whilst I cant comment personally, from various forums Florida Speed and Power seem to get good reviews, so surely you cant be too far away from them ?

Last edited by stevieturbo; 05-23-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Probably way to simple but I saw no mention of what plugs are being used. Maybe too cold?
Here ya go

Old 05-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Yellow03Z06
This is great fun to read.

OP, you need more patience and the patients will come.
Thanks.... I will try to calm down a bit.
I've seen people get special certificates here before, maybe I'm waiting on one of those
Old 05-24-2015, 04:38 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

You'd need to be a bloody idiot to foul 7's...or even 8's

Not a thing wrong with using 7's

It's not like these cars have an ignition system from the 60's
Old 05-24-2015, 07:28 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Been running 7 heat range plugs from 10lbs up through almost 20 now. That is not the issue.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:45 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You'd need to be a bloody idiot to foul 7's...or even 8's

Not a thing wrong with using 7's

It's not like these cars have an ignition system from the 60's
That makes too much sense.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:04 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

What a $hit show this thread had turned into. Adam (ForcedVette) I'm sorry you started a thread asking for help and got some answers from legitimate contributing posters only to have your thread boogered up. I'm sure you know this already, but you can actually get a quick sense of a members credibility on what they post in the past. (Not saying you can't learn and change your opinion on something). I don't consider myself a tuner but I have helped people and have been helped by others who have actually experienced car and tune related things that I have not. There are definitely a lot of Bad Tuners out there but there is most certainly more than a handful of good ones.

The issue I see is that a lot of those who gain the rep of being a bad tuner try and push quantity over quality. Sure you can come up with a method or system that is used to tune but a good tuner will never try and manipulate a calibration to cover for a significant electrical or mechanical problem. He will also never try and tune a car without the proper equipment and the assurance that said equipment is in proper working order.

I'm on here a lot so I (along with others and maybe even you) have already established who actually knows what they're talking about and who almost never does. Like I said earlier, I don't consider myself a tuner but I have made changes to a bin file to improve performance of my vehicle and others. I also have people I know have their stuff together when it comes to tuning. I was not able to identify these people over night nor is my method for identifying who is legit and who isn't. I'll be the first to admit that I've had people who I thought were legit tuner(s) and it turned out I was wrong. They were not.

One of the people I have absolute respect for in their ability to properly tune and diagnose issues is blownbluezo6. Bottom line, the man knows what he is talking about and knows how to apply it in a practical situation. There are more on this forum who I respect as well. Also some who aren't on here too.

I think you are very intelligent and it seems you have gained the information you need to make your decision and it seems like you have plenty of confidence in your tuner which is good.

Ps. There are methods of instruction out there that can be had if you are interested in learning how to develop a solid base on tuning fundamentals. I'll be the first to admit that most of the things you can get from said methods of instruction can be found on the Internet for free but what you are playing for is the consolidation and chronicalized information. To many (including myself) it's worth the money spent.

There is no real secret (persay) to tuning these cars. It takes the right equipment, high school math, a good fundamental base, a semi basic mechanical and electrical aptitude and a willingness to never stop learning.

If you want more info just say the word man.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 05-25-2015 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:45 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Thanks Mike , I'm always impressed with people's willingness to help others here with free advice, I'm also surprised at the people who can't take some good natured ribbing or any extra advice that might be given beyond the original question. Some of the best advice is that extra stuff you might not think to ask! From the beginning I've read about people fixing their own stuff, good advice there!
As far as the extra non helpful stuff you gotta ignore it and ask the question a different way if you don't get the answers right away, not get mad and start really insulting the people trying to give free advice!

I hope one day to be able to help beyond just warning people what can go wrong, but for now that's what I know well!

Adam
Old 05-25-2015, 03:31 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
I probably have the fastest c5 4l60 car that drives 100% stock.

Care to share your drag and road course numbers with us there cupcake..
Old 05-25-2015, 04:56 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mdaniel

Care to share your drag and road course numbers with us there cupcake..
Be careful... You might get challenged to a Race!!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:58 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Be careful... You might get challenged to a Race!!
LOL.... You'll have to get in line !!

Get notified of new replies

To Ok running out of patients! Looking for advice

Old 05-25-2015, 06:54 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by realcanuk
LOL.... You'll have to get in line !!

I got told to drive to Mane, New Hampshire or rhode island or whatever because California is too far.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:54 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I got told to drive to Mane, New Hampshire or rhode island or whatever because California is too far.
Don't do it!! It's a trap! Everything he's got is the best that can be had!!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:26 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The rub is how one defines "drives 100% stock".
I'm sure there are guys with glides/9'' running around on C16 who claim their cars drive like stock. So what.

Quick Reply: Ok running out of patients! Looking for advice