C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't run

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:24 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Car won't run

ok.. I have a pro charged 98 vette. It's a full bolt on car with a blower, and a boosts a pump.. I just picked up the car back in November, and it has been driving perfectly. The one issue has been the oil pressure sensor. It has never worked. I have replaced it 2 times already, and on the 2nd time I noticed that one of the wires was pulled out of the connector. Today I replaced it again, and spliced in a new connector. I take the intake manifold off each time I have replaced it. Along with that I did a throttle body bypass. I put everything back together and fired it up like every other time, only this time the gauge actually works!! I noticed however the car was idling very ruff, and after a couple mins of idling the engine bay started to smoke a little and my eyes started to hurt. I had it in my garage with the door open. I noticed my wideband and at idle was reading 10.0, were it usually reads in the 14-15 range at idle. I double checked all connections, vacuum lines, pretty much everything I touched. I tried backing the car out of the garage but when I put it in reverse, the car stalls out.

A couple weeks ago I got 2 front tires put on the car and afterwards the car was idleing ruff, and I got a mass air code. I deleted the code and it has been fine ever since. Could my mass air have completely gone tonight and it just happened at the perfect time? When I pulled the car in earlier tonight it drove perfectly fine..

Was thinking tomorrow I am gonna pull the intake off for the 4th time and replace the gaskets.

Any other suggestions would be great. I know it's a little vague, just hoping my situation might have happened to someone already.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:37 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by slow-v6
just hoping my situation might have happened to someone already.
What...Tear the car apart & it don't run right afterwards.....never
Old 01-15-2015, 08:10 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

I consider removing the intake manifold far from tearing the car apart.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:33 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

My guess is a vacuum leak where the manifold meets the head. Squished a gasket or something.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:57 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Think I resolved it.. Another low volt mass air code popped up today. I took the maf out and cleaned it and the car has been running well so far. We shall see..
Old 01-17-2015, 08:23 PM
BoostSlam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Was going to say pull the maf and clean it. Is the air filter you are using pre oiled? May be a huge contributor or could just be a build up over the years.

Get notified of new replies

To Car won't run

Quick Reply: Car won't run