C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Dominator on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:03 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Is there any more info on the wiring necessary to implement either of these controllers, and what stock functions are eliminated if any?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by redcycle13
Is there any more info on the wiring necessary to implement either of these controllers, and what stock functions are eliminated if any?
Only traction control and RPM limiting, due to the factory PCM losing control over the TB, coils and injectors, which are all part of the traction control strategy. The good thing is you gain it back with many aftermarket ECUs
Thanks for ordering the Haltech Elite 2500. I'll work with you to make this a smooth transition and when we're done, I hope you'll report back about your experience.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 11-08-2015 at 12:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
redcycle13 (11-06-2015)
Old 11-08-2015, 08:26 AM
2003VETT
Melting Slicks

Location: Still the Fastest (still running) Stock Bottom End Blown LS1/ 2010 ECS CC 10.50 CHAMP Hamilton, NJ
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
Only traction control and RPM limiting, due to the factory PCM losing control over the TB, coils and injectors, which are all part of the traction control strategy.
Thanks for ordering the Haltech Elite 2500. I'll work with you to make this a smooth transition and when we're done, I hope you'll report back about your experience.
My traction control works perfectly with the Holley dominator. As a matter of fact, all of my factory gauges, cruise control, and everything else still works perfect. Love the Holley...
Old 11-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 2003VETT
My traction control works perfectly with the Holley dominator. As a matter of fact, all of my factory gauges, cruise control, and everything else still works perfect. Love the Holley...
I realized with your reply that my comment was somewhat ambiguous. The Haltech Elite 2500 also has a traction control strategy as well as the ability to add any pair of knock sensors to it and tune them with a built-in spectrum analyzer. These aftermarket ECUs offer so much, it's difficult to recall it all.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:14 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

It would be nice to know the difference in the way the two units are integrated into the C5 platform. I would like to maintain the factory traction control and competition mode, but I'm not sure it will be possible.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:01 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by redcycle13
It would be nice to know the difference in the way the two units are integrated into the C5 platform. I would like to maintain the factory traction control and competition mode, but I'm not sure it will be possible.
you can do that, but when you make more power and get outside the torq operating range the factory traction control gets pretty useless

based on what my car does at 800 rwhp, if first allows MASSIVE wheel spin, accompanied by a delayed full throttle chop which is down right dangerous!

the aftermarket holley and haltech don't have those limitations and can be tuned with the boost by speed or gear to provide the best of both worlds

you log and see that the traction control is kicking in and reduce boost and/or timing just a bit until you have smooth power ramp up that allows you to hook as much power as possible in the lower gears with more boost and power coming on as the car gets some speed and can better plant the power in the upper gears. spinnin' ain't winnin'

on the c5 with the LS making power isn't all that tough, hooking it up can be!!! the after market traction control can handle as much power as you dare, and the processors react faster and are fully tunable.

once you experience after market traction control, you won't want to retain the "overwhelmed" factory traction control and on the new Haltech Elite, it's included

Last edited by Rkreigh; 11-20-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Almost_There_1
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Does Haltech offer a lsx harness? I've just seen their universal harness. I'm trying to decide between the Haltech and the Dominator and keep going back to the dominator. I don't care to make it work with the stock gauges. I plan on running holleys digital dash in the clusters place. Should make install a breeze.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Almost_There_1
Does Haltech offer a lsx harness? I've just seen their universal harness. I'm trying to decide between the Haltech and the Dominator and keep going back to the dominator. I don't care to make it work with the stock gauges. I plan on running holleys digital dash in the clusters place. Should make install a breeze.
No, not at the moment however, I do offer a kit that I came up with that makes installation and reverting back to the factory PCM much easier as well as support throughout the installation and tuning process with the Elite.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
TURBO VET
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, not at the moment however, I do offer a kit that I came up with that makes installation and reverting back to the factory PCM much easier as well as support throughout the installation and tuning process with the Elite.
I'm interested in going with an aftermarket pcm. Whats the price for the Elite with the harness?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

I have a brand new Haltech S2000 that I would make someone a very nice deal on

I'm interested in upgrading to the Elite 2500 to get traction control and drive by wire (they work together)

I got this unit brand new at the corvettes at Carlisle 10 % off list and would knock a couple of hundred off that price (unit is new in box, never plugged in or turned on)

brand new elite will run you around 2400 or so, then you start the little add on can bus stuff and wiring very nice system!

If I can't sell the one I have, I hope to go with it on another project where traction control isn't quite as critical

I think at 1k hp and above, it's important to have

there are old pilots and bold pilots, just not that many old bold ones
Old 11-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by TURBO VET
I'm interested in going with an aftermarket pcm. Whats the price for the Elite with the harness?
2089.00 shipped.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Interested in hearing more about a modified wiring harness for the Haltech. I'm wanting to splice in to the c5 wiring and retain the factory ECM. need to have ALDL still to pass emissions (plug in to read codes).

that's a really good price on the new elite!

very tempting but I need to sell the S2000 first or use it.

the traction control and drive by wire are nice updates that I can really use!
Old 11-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

I simply came up with a nice recipe for making it relatively easy to revert back to the stock PCM. I quoted an entry level price with the base harness. The peripheral plugs are extra and I think Redcycle13 will agree that I do a good job of supporting the installation.
With the purchase of a full system including the Flex fuel sensor, pigtail, dual CAN wideband module and my extra plugs, I include a startup tune and at least an hours worth of one-on-one explanation of how the software works and will get into some tuning theory. That entire package is in the 3K range. Also included: I will set up your PCM so inspections aren't an issue.

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
Interested in hearing more about a modified wiring harness for the Haltech. I'm wanting to splice in to the c5 wiring and retain the factory ECM. need to have ALDL still to pass emissions (plug in to read codes).

that's a really good price on the new elite!

very tempting but I need to sell the S2000 first or use it.

the traction control and drive by wire are nice updates that I can really use!
Old 11-29-2015, 01:39 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I simply came up with a nice recipe for making it relatively easy to revert back to the stock PCM. I quoted an entry level price with the base harness. The peripheral plugs are extra and I think Redcycle13 will agree that I do a good job of supporting the installation.
With the purchase of a full system including the Flex fuel sensor, pigtail, dual CAN wideband module and my extra plugs, I include a startup tune and at least an hours worth of one-on-one explanation of how the software works and will get into some tuning theory. That entire package is in the 3K range. Also included: I will set up your PCM so inspections aren't an issue.
I haven't completed the install just yet on my Haltech 2500, but I wouldn't have attempted it without your help. Your expertise with the wiring, tuning, and ability to easily revert to stock if necessary are the reasons I made the jump. It would already be up and running if it weren't for the holidays, and my laziness.
The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator on a C5