C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch suggestions wanted! please and thank you.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:26 PM
zblkr1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Clutch suggestions wanted! please and thank you.

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct spot for this question but hey i hope it finds it way to the right place. Ive had plenty of success in the past asking for suggestions here, i enjoy seeing what people recommend and why and what they don't recommend and why.

So heres the question, I am on my stock clutch right now, its starting to slip, so i figured its time to upgrade the clutch in the near future. Currently i am at 550whp, but i have a few go fast parts im going to toss on when i do the clutch which will put me near if not over 650-700rwhp. So my question to you guys is..

What clutch do you recommend, that can with stand 700+ rwhp and a good thrashing, but at the same time street-able, now when i say street-able im not exactly talking about factory feel and zero chatter, its not like its my daily driver. Looking for your opinions!

Thanks for the input in advance!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 PM
CeeRow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mantic Twin. Drives like factory, has zero chatter. Loved mine while I had it.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1369
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I have an act twin disc (t2s-g01, rated for 950ft/lbs) and I like it so far... I'm a little over 700 and it handles it, doesn't chatter at all, but has a firmer pedal than stock which I like but some don't... I have a tick master cylinder also so that in its own makes the pedal firmer, the act wouldn't be as firm as if I didn't have the tick master but would still be a bit firmer than stock... I give mine hell mainly from rolls on the highway and have been to the strip a couple of times but never launched it hard, if you plan to drag it often and do some hard launches it may not be what you need... it also comes as a complete kit with a billet steel flywheel which is nice and I got mine for less than a grand... it may not be one of the most popular choices around here but you might give it a look
Old 08-29-2014, 09:16 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Bang for the buck would be the Mcleod RXT or the ACT twin.

The Mantic is an awesome piece but is a bit costly.

I have the ACT single in my Z06 and GTO and love it but i don't think I would push it past 700rwhp (it is rated for 745tq tho) It doesnt bat an eye at my current power 606/531 plus its cheaper than an LS7 with a higher power rating and you can use the stock flywheel (resurfaced)

Last edited by PEETYZ; 08-29-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:24 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by CeeRow
Mantic Twin. Drives like factory, has zero chatter. Loved mine while I had it.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1369
Thanks!

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
Bang for the buck would be the Mcleod RXT or the ACT twin.

The Mantic is an awesome piece but is a bit costly.

I have the ACT single in my Z06 and GTO and love it but i don't think I would push it past 700rwhp (it is rated for 745tq tho) It doesnt bat an eye at my current power 606/531.

The Mantic is more yes, but it is rated for higher HP (without felling like it is) and also comes with many extra's if purchased threw ECS that the others may not.

Our special going on includes the clutch and billet flywheel assembly, hardware, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, slave cylinder, clutch bleeder kit and shipping within the cont US for $1,595.

By the time you add in all the extra's included from ECS on the Mantic, your really not paying much more for what I believe to be a higher quality component.

Any questions ask away.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:31 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

$1,595 for a 1,000+hp full clutch kit really isnt too bad at all plus you get a cool case

Saw you at Carlisle Doug but you were busy tuning cars it seemed like the entire time fri and sat. The ECS C7 kit looked factory
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
$1,595 for a 1,000+hp full clutch kit really isnt too bad at all plus you get a cool case

Saw you at Carlisle Doug but you were busy tuning cars it seemed like the entire time fri and sat. The ECS C7 kit looked factory

Thanks, yeah I'm kind of a tuning mule during Carlisle, I have yet to ever actually see the show. Worse problems I could have though I guess..
Old 09-03-2014, 11:01 PM
zblkr1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Thanks!

The Mantic is more yes, but it is rated for higher HP (without felling like it is) and also comes with many extra's if purchased threw ECS that the others may not.

Our special going on includes the clutch and billet flywheel assembly, hardware, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, slave cylinder, clutch bleeder kit and shipping within the cont US for $1,595.

By the time you add in all the extra's included from ECS on the Mantic, your really not paying much more for what I believe to be a higher quality component.

Any questions ask away.
how long is that special available for?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:48 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by zblkr1
how long is that special available for?

I'll honor it for you at anytime.

(within reason)
Old 09-04-2014, 10:02 AM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

McLeod RXT here and I love it.

606 RWHP.......for now.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:07 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

mantic twin from ECS
Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by blown81bu
mantic twin from ECS
I have the Mantic single. Very smooth clutch for for local town driving. Then it just grabs gears all day long, no matter how much street abuse I give it.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Checkers02
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mantic twin disc

Flat out love mine! Do the research as I did. Every clutch company out there has good and bad reviews. Could be bad product or just a bad company to work with. But I could not find one bad review about the Mantic line. That's why I went with them. Only thing about this clutch is the pedal is so light that you have relearn how to drive it. But once broke in the harder you beat on it the more in impresses you. Oh and drives beautifully on the street!

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch suggestions wanted! please and thank you.

Quick Reply: Clutch suggestions wanted! please and thank you.