C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any advice on what ive done so far ..nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:19 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default any advice on what ive done so far ..nitrous

Ok ive got the nx efi race kit installed and wired.I did a wot switch under pedal wideband installed an fuel pressure guage in pillar pod.Racetronix hot wire kit installed and tomorrow my kenne bell boost a pump will be here,and ill wire thaat up tomorrow night.Im thinking of using one of the switchs on the nitrous panel to arm the boost a pump separately .SO one switch to arm system another to arm boost a pump.Any other advice for that is welcome.Also im waiting on ls timing tuner.I went with this one because of the timing retard and window switch all in one.Its on back order so probably another week before i get that in.I went with autolite 103 plugs instead of the tr-6 since they didnt have them in stock.Ive ran a week on them daily driven and staying clean.I had 55's in it before.
Right now im 432 rwhp all forged motor h/c/i all bolt ons.Im gone to start with 75 shot first,check plugs and go up from there.Im thinking even with boost a pump becuase its an 04 with regulator and filter in tank 100 shot might be it.Im gone to go back up and dyno it with 100 or 125 shot and see.Then ill have to decide on fuel system from there.

ok advice on anything else i should do or if im on the right track.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like you are on the right track. I used the timing tuner and loved it. Good safety device.
I had a very similar setup as you have (rwhp) except stock bottom end, and wound up running a 150 shot (picked up actual 148rwhp on dyno...)
The limiting factor will be the delivery style. With a plate kit, you can only run so much hp before the front cylinders lean out (blows the charge pass them to the back cylinders. (ask me how I know)
One more thing you can consider if you haven't, is a remote bottle opener. I didn't want to just leave my bottle on (bad idea) and it seemed like every time I needed it(....) it was off. Had my bottle stored in the little compartment out of site, and just hit the button to open
Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may want to look into the LNC2000. This will allow you to keep your max N/A tune and only pulls timing for the nitrous shot. Otherwise you will have to sacrifice N/A power all around just for when you do use nitrous.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

thanks ,well i mounted the bottle right behind seats in between roll bar so i can get to it easy.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:45 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NukeC5
You may want to look into the LNC2000. This will allow you to keep your max N/A tune and only pulls timing for the nitrous shot. Otherwise you will have to sacrifice N/A power all around just for when you do use nitrous.
the ls timing tuner will only pull timing when the system is armed also,ive been going back and forth between both of them i finally went with the timing tuner.
i just wired up the boost a pump ,im trying to decide on wiring the vacuum switch wires together and then leave the **** at 0 and when using the nitrous turn it up.Or run those wires to a relay and and when i arm the nitrous itll power that relay and turn on the boost a pump.Am i thinking that right?

Get notified of new replies

To any advice on what ive done so far ..nitrous

Quick Reply: any advice on what ive done so far ..nitrous