C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 300mm 4L60E input & output shafts.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:48 PM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTB 300mm 4L60E input & output shafts.

Looking for sites or vendors to pick up a 300mm 4L60E input output and output shafts for my automatic tranny. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try rpm transmission
Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremiahsC5
Looking for sites or vendors to pick up a 300mm 4L60E input output and output shafts for my automatic tranny. Thanks in advance.
got mine from todd at RPM. Robert
Old 08-19-2014, 01:28 AM
PBA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never used or recommended the 300MM shafts. Not saying there isn't a place for them, but from what I have seen "cryoing" the output shaft will stop the cracking and if you want to do the input shaft, go ahead. The price on crying is 1/10th the price of the 300MM shafts and will solve the cracking of these output shafts. Unless you have the transmission shifting very hard all the time, (which is extremely hard on the whole drivetrain), have very quick 60 foot times (1.40 or quicker) or drive very aggressive with sticky tires, then cryoing would be a good idea. The only time I have seen broken input shafts or output shafts were from Art Carr 700R4's (real junk) that had the 2nd accumulator blocked off. Besides Art Carr, I have very rarely seen a problem with the output shaft, and never with the input shaft. The small diameter torque converter will prevent this pretty much by itself. And the higher the stall, will lessen the less shock on any given shift. Working with accumulation will prevent parts breakage to a high degree. If you just want to make it "bullet proof", then get ahold of Crygenics International in Arizona about this. Start with a good input or output shaft, check to make sure the splines are straight and not starting to twist or are hammered. It is apx. $90.00 to cryo both shafts, instead of $900.00 for the two 300MM shafts. For that kind of money you can get a very good torque converter, or a "very complete" rebuild kit for these transmissions.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 PM
js23881
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We know why you need 300MM shafts right JJ. Anything under a 1.40 launch will test CYRO. ....Remember how my CYRO shaft looked after it broke it two a few years ago.........300 MM no more issues....but need to stay 1.40-1.50 0-60 to keep everything else together for a little while.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by PBA
I have never used or recommended the 300MM shafts. Not saying there isn't a place for them, but from what I have seen "cryoing" the output shaft will stop the cracking and if you want to do the input shaft, go ahead. The price on crying is 1/10th the price of the 300MM shafts and will solve the cracking of these output shafts. Unless you have the transmission shifting very hard all the time, (which is extremely hard on the whole drivetrain), have very quick 60 foot times (1.40 or quicker) or drive very aggressive with sticky tires, then cryoing would be a good idea. The only time I have seen broken input shafts or output shafts were from Art Carr 700R4's (real junk) that had the 2nd accumulator blocked off. Besides Art Carr, I have very rarely seen a problem with the output shaft, and never with the input shaft. The small diameter torque converter will prevent this pretty much by itself. And the higher the stall, will lessen the less shock on any given shift. Working with accumulation will prevent parts breakage to a high degree. If you just want to make it "bullet proof", then get ahold of Crygenics International in Arizona about this. Start with a good input or output shaft, check to make sure the splines are straight and not starting to twist or are hammered. It is apx. $90.00 to cryo both shafts, instead of $900.00 for the two 300MM shafts. For that kind of money you can get a very good torque converter, or a "very complete" rebuild kit for these transmissions.

this is great advice and thanks for the details in the write up

I'm looking to build a high hp 4l65E to hold 800 hp at the tire

RPM lvl 7 is one option and I've been a happy customer

what would you recommend

and sorry I have one "noob" question I have a 4l65e out of a vette, can this bet converted to a front mount tranny with a bell housing and tail housing or is this a differnet tranny case for the rear mount c5 cradle

Get notified of new replies

To WTB 300mm 4L60E input & output shafts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB 300mm 4L60E input & output shafts.