C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duel intank fuel pump, anybody else?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 PM
jimbos'ss
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by happa
Well on mine being a 99 they won't but they are in the same area as a factory one would be. Late 03+ the socks will sit on bottom of tank, the 08 ZO6 I made it sit about a 1/8"-1/4" off the bottom.
9-0836 deatschwerks is the sock filter you want. it has the 45 degree inlet.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
BLWN1
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I recently did a all new fuel system from front to back all new -6 hoses, fuel pressure regulator, return style from the regulator. The reason I did this was to run e85 and plus I love doing it. Any how, I installed a duel intank pump, had to custom make it. But it works awesome! On 16lbs (P1-SC-1 Procharger) made 700rwhp. But I was just wondering if anybody else did a custom duel pump system? The wires were made to look more professional after the photos.

Bryan

My only question is, does vortech lube make your procharger faster...?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:19 AM
happa
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLWN1
My only question is, does vortech lube make your procharger faster...?
possibly......
Old 09-19-2014, 04:52 PM
veneno
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I am ordering the raceronix DPA-680 and 9-0836 sock filter. I am trying to figure out the wiring
So because of the racetronix pump adapters you can run the wires back into the stock hardline? I don't want to drill any holes to the factory hat. Thanks
Old 09-19-2014, 11:16 PM
happa
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veneno
I am ordering the raceronix DPA-680 and 9-0836 sock filter. I am trying to figure out the wiring
So because of the racetronix pump adapters you can run the wires back into the stock hardline? I don't want to drill any holes to the factory hat. Thanks
No you don't have to drill into the hat. Just get the racetronix dual pump universal harness and you have to splice into your factory harness. Its fairly easy. My work can get the harness or anything you need. due to forum rules I can not say who I work for. but we are a high performance shop

Bryan
Old 09-20-2014, 07:08 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

anyone know where you could get a new bulk head connector with heavier gauge terminals and another wire slot for a 2nd or3rd pump? My fabricator is working on a double/triple fuel pump hanger for early C5s I just haven't been able to find a bulkhead connectorto put on it
Old 09-20-2014, 10:16 AM
BLWN1
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Triple pump setup be nice possibly
Old 09-20-2014, 11:04 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
anyone know where you could get a new bulk head connector with heavier gauge terminals and another wire slot for a 2nd or3rd pump? My fabricator is working on a double/triple fuel pump hanger for early C5s I just haven't been able to find a bulkhead connectorto put on it

You mean this? Liquid tight. Gasoline compatible.

Can make an entirely new pump head and maybe put it on the tank itself.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:12 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

I am looking at being able to have the option of 2 or 3 pumps with their fuel lines either coming from the hat individually or as a single -10 or -12 line, with the wiring coming out individually so you can put the other pump or 2 on boost/vacuum type switches.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:13 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
You mean this? Liquid tight. Gasoline compatible.

Can make an entirely new pump head and maybe put it on the tank itself.
that is very much like what I am looking for, maybe with options as to how many wiring slots it has....where would I find that?
Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I would love to have an intank tripple where I could run one 255 (or similar) and turn on two more intank pumps under boost.

I'm looking to redo my fuel system as its failing and caused me to drop out of this years Drag Week.

- Travis
Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
that is very much like what I am looking for, maybe with options as to how many wiring slots it has....where would I find that?
http://www.productsforautomation.com...-fittings.aspx

Look for strain relief fittings. You must also make sure your wire is fuel compatible. I've seen wire leach gasoline through the insulation from inside a tank to outside when the fitting itself was perfectly intact.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:47 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

I must say that I've got some concerns about the double and triple pump arrangements with them picking up from the front end of the tank. Under acceleration and below 1/4 tank, I wouldn't be surprised to see the pumps sucking air.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:01 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
I must say that I've got some concerns about the double and triple pump arrangements with them picking up from the front end of the tank. Under acceleration and below 1/4 tank, I wouldn't be surprised to see the pumps sucking air.
To be fair we have been running twin in tanks, constant on, in Josh's car for the last 5 years or so with zero fuel supply issues. They probably have 20k miles on them and as we both know he is a big fan of the road courses, lots of heavy accelerate/decelerate... I do strongly aggree that the tank should not go below 1/4 while racing. The way his is set up, it has two filter socks that drag nearly the entire length of the bottom of the tank, front to rear. RSI hanger with some changes....
Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 PM
anthony piper
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently did a all new fuel system from front to back all new -6 hoses, fuel pressure regulator, return style from the regulator. The reason I did this was to run e85 and plus I love doing it. Any how, I installed a duel intank pump, had to custom make it. But it works awesome! On 16lbs (P1-SC-1 Procharger) made 700rwhp. But I was just wondering if anybody else did a custom duel pump system? The wires were made to look more professional after the photos.

Bryan

I'm interested in this setup. I'd like to know what exactly you did
Old 10-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Gashgari960
1st Gear

Default Level sender

Bryan

Hello Bryan
look great
but wondering if the level sender lever is working fine?
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM
AngelVette
2nd Gear

Default C5 Zo6 duel pump

This may be a dumb question but what color lines ran where? I’m a 16 yo girl and my dad and I are struggling finding where the t line hooks too and what the color of lines mean and where they run. i hope that made sense but please if you have any info lmk!

Quick Reply: Duel intank fuel pump, anybody else?